Tuesday, February 17, 2009

BAG TAG

Golly I have no time for this this morning, I'm going to be late for work, but just had to respond. This just sounds too fun.

Christine from Wash, Fold, Put away, Repeat "tagged" me because I spent my morning reading her 7 POSTS!  A "bag tag".  (I don't know how to post a link, and don't have time to learn right now, sorry Christine!!!) But let her know you did it too, in addition to me!

Here are the rules for the tag

1. Post a picture of whatever bag you are carrying as of late. No, you cannot go up to your closet and pull out that cute little purse you used back before you had kids. I want to know what you carried today or the last time you left the house. No cheating!

2. How much it costs =).  And this is not to judge. It is for entertainment purposes only. So, spill it. And, if there is a story to go along with how you obtained it, I'd love to hear it.

3. Tag some friends. And link back to this post so people know what the heck you're showing everyone your bag. 
OK ladies, show your stuff! And be HONEST!!!

Here's mine. 

And I'm kind of embarrassed (notice I didn't say mortified, just kind of) at how messy it was inside, but oh well! That's just the way it is!

It is a Cettu.  (pronounced sit-too)

I bought it at a friend of mine's Boutique in downtown Glendora. 
I had no intention of buying a purse when I walked in, I was looking for a birthday present. But it just kind of slammed me! It was perfect for me. 
I honestly can't remember how much it cost, I think it was about $240 (YIKES!) Like I said I had no intention, but I am soooooo picky when it comes to purses. And this one was exactly what I like.


the side, with the little pockets on both sides perfect for my cell phone.

The back zipper compartment, perfect for my keys. They are out of the way because with my car having keyless ignition, I never need my keys anymore. It is perfect.

My only 2 complaints would be the lining is made from something like flannel and it is kind of clingy.  And it can become quite HEAVY. But that just makes me clean it out more often. Change weighs quite a bit when you just keep throwing it in.

But it is the perfect size, I love the length of the straps, and it's different and cute and I have unexpectedly gotten just a ton of compliments on it. I really don't even notice other people's purses. I guess that's why this tag seemed so fun to me! 

TADA! Thanks Christine!!!

Now - TAG - you're it! If you read this - join the fun!


11 comments:

Christine said...

You make your momma proud! LOL I like the pocket for the phone...a must! Cute bag....$240,...can I be on your Christmas list?...lol Hope you have a great day! =O)

Shellmo said...

It is a cute and handy purse! Expensive too! LOL!

April said...

Girl....there is no way I'm posting anything about my purse....especially how much it cost....cause sometimes the hubby lurks around on my blog!...LOL

Dawnie said...

OMG its so clean! i already posted the side of my bedroom picture NOW i've got to do my purse??? lol

Your purse is cute and clean.

Bonnie said...

Karen, this is the perfect post for me. I just bought a new purse that I love and it doesn't have the last 6 months of Walmart receipts stuffed in it. I need to hurry and take a picture before it looks like my last purse that I carried for 2 years. This new one I bought for 13.00 normally 78.00. I was really feeling great about that one. Thanks for visiting my blog. It is fun to read your nice comments. Talk to you later

Christine said...

My Happy room is not very happy ...yet!...lol I have so much to go through and organize! I'll either send ya pic when I get close to happy or I'll just post it!...lol

Connie said...

Hey girl, I posted my bag for all to see and surprise NO hairspray!!! I put enough on before I leave the house that I DO NOT need any through out the day! Funny you should say that about the hairspray....I have been trying to use less but my hair just falls flat so I guess I will have to continue my use of hairspray for what Danielle's high school boy friend called my BIG hair! Haha! Love ya, Connie

April said...

OK,OK....I did it!

Cynthia said...

Hi Karen,
Thank-you so much for taking the time to share your baby shower ideas. I love the book as a prize for the mom ( I will definately do that one) I love your food ideas too! After the shower I'll share pics! Oh, by the way your purse is really cute! Cindy

JyLnC said...

I found your post via Connie's Turning 50 Bag Tag. You are brave carrying your light colored purse as an everyday purse. I'm too hard on mine and I keep my expensive ones in protective custody. :>)

I posted my purse and I'd love for you to stop by and see one of the places the tag has landed.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.