Sunday, February 22, 2009

Let's Be Friends Award



I had an e-mail the other morning from Catherine at Catherine de the Cups. She told to me to peek at her new post and see what was waiting for me. And much to my surprise, this is what was there.

How very fun! Thank you so much Catherine! I never dreamed I would be developing friendships when I finally decided to take the plunge into blogging. I just had hoped to be a little inspirational to someone else, as so many others have been for me.


Description:

These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."
 
This was easy. I am going to award this to the people who have become my first "friends".  Thank you so much for all of your inspiration and time spent toward making each day a little more special; full of prayers and scripture, wishes and dreams, values and opinions, pictures and thoughts, love and friendship. Thank you to each one of you.

Catherine - Catherine de the Cups -it goes without saying that this must to go back to you with love from me.
Connie - Connie's turning 50 - Who introduced me to the wonderfully fun world of blogging. We go back so many years, and I just love you, you know that.
Christine - Wash, Fold, Put Away, Repeat - I feel in so many ways we are kindred spirits. I love your recipes and photos, memories and inspiration. I love reading your comments and look forward to visiting with you every day.
April - Delta Kids -  You are so funny and I so look forward to following you each  and every day! Although we are in different "times" in our lives, I can so relate to you. Thank you!
Shanda - Front Porces, Sweet Tea and Old Aprons - I just love your blog! You make me laugh and give me inspiration! I can't wait to see what is next!
Cynthia - Applestone Cottage - You always have such words of wisdom and encouragement and I just love hearing from you. I really, really enjoy your blog. You are a big source of inspiration for me.
Shelley - Building a Log Cabin - I just love following you as you experience something I hope to also experience one day. I love your pictures, your fun attitude, your pj's and your energy. Thank you!  
Dawnie - Dawnies Life If By The Sea - You always have wonderfully kind, thoughtful and happy comments for me! I feel like I could ring the doorbell and the door would open wide and you'd say "Karen! Come on in and let's have a cup of coffee and tell me about your day . . ."

Thank you ladies. I'm honored to call each one of you my "friend".

So grab this award, post it to your blog and PAY IT FORWARD to eight more deserving bloggers! 

Hugs. Karen

9 comments:

Ginger said...

Congrats on your award. Isn't blogging the best? I am getting so addicted to it, not getting my housework done now, lol. I love meeting everyone.
I tried to comment on your blog about your son coming home and the comment section wouldn't open. He is very handsome and I know you are going to enjoy him being back home...like you said as long as he does his own laundry. lol. My kids used to move in and out until they got married. I sure miss them.
Ginger

~CC Catherine said...

Well Karen, how sweet of you to pay it forward back to me! ;) You're so sweet! Ya know, we're connected for a long time, since you have the cup I sent you...the other little give away gifts, all that will remind you of me...so, when sipping your tea from the lip of your cup.....always know I'll be thinkin about you when I have my cuppa too! ;) ~CC Catherine

Christine said...

Wow! How sweet are you! I guess I owe Connie a huge hug and thank you for introducing us here! I knew if you were a friend of Connie's you had to be ok!...lol Thank you for the award and paying it forward. I know that if we lived close by we'd be meeting and chatting up a storm...you me and Connie! Hope you have a blessed day and thanks for being a bright spot in my day here! =O)

Connie said...

Hi Karen...I love you too and I'm so glad you took the plunge and joined me in this bloggy world. It's been fun staying in touch this way and seeing more of you and the family. Thanks for the award and for the letter game....how about the letter "M".

Have a good day! Connie

Connie said...

And yes Christine...we would have a great time together. It's always fun to hang out at Karen's and chat up a storm. Wouldn't it be fun sometime in the future to all meet up together...who knows??? Connie

Cynthia said...

Hi Karen,
Thank-you so much!!! What a great lady you are and I am so glad you joined the blogging world! I love visiting your blog and I'm honored to take the award!! Cindy

April said...

Thank you Karen....you are too sweet! I cannot wait to show my family what you said....it is fabulous....because they constantly tell me that I'm not funny! You Rock!

Dawnie said...

I thought I did comment! OH OH i'm losing my mind! Thank you for thinking of me and having such nice things to say about me. It feels good to come here and see that.

Christine said...

Ok...I am working on this now...wouldn't ya know it something fun like this comes along and I get swamped! You and Connie are on! Would be so much fun....I have a fun beach cabin for a week free in March...just saying!...16th thru the 20th!