Thursday, March 26, 2009

It's feeling like Eastertime around here!


Hello! I must admit - it is a GORGEOUS day here today! 
Everything is in bloom and it smells heavenly outside! 

I went shopping ;) and I've added a few things 
and changed some things around. 
Let me know what you think!

This is my entry.
I bought the large candle holder (it is about 4 1/2' tall) 
the green wooden tray, the birds in the tray, the wooden Easter boxes 
and a few other little things all at Tai Pan. 
I had the birdcage on the landing of the stairs.

A little closer view

I love these birds. They are actually quite large, about 7" long.

Isn't she sweet?


A little tag I made . . . That is an old earring holding the pink flowers on 
with a butterfly charm above it . . .


Pretty pink . . .

On the entry chest right at the front door.

The little sign is actually a giant Easter postcard I found in a little boutique.

And I added a little bling because it sparkles so pretty with the sun coming in the front door. This is just a "thrifting" necklace I found.

Here is another view of my favorite piece, over on the buffet in the dining room. It is a cake plate with matching spatula that Grammie gave me . . . golly, years ago!

I've been playing around with the dining room and here is the new arrangement on the dining room table. I changed the runner to the pretty gauzy pink cloth I won from Catherine's Teacups (YAY) for Valentines Day! I placed an old piece of lace I've had underneath and I really love the way the pink looks very fresh. 

I got 3 of these small votives in Mercury glass at a little boutique over in Glendora called Periwinkle's.  The pink beaded garland you see was another find from Tai Pan.

That's it for now. I'm having a "scrapbook" urge 
and need to go in and settle down and get started. 

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!! 

XOXO

[signature-1.gif]

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

Hi Karen,
I love your bunny decor and your table looks really pretty. Have a great week-end, Cindy

Melissa Miller said...

H Karen, :)
Thank you so much for visiting my blog earlier this week and becoming a follower.
I really appreciate it.
You're always welcome!

You have the most precious Easter decor'. I really like how you draped the Pink tulle fabric on your table and the cute white birds.
Very lovely and Spring like.

Have a wonderful Spring weekend.
~Melissa ;)

Melissa Miller said...

Oops! :)
I meant that to say "Hi"!

Ginger said...

Hi Karen:
I love how you decorated the entry way. The tall candle holders look great. I love the birds and the green wooden tray that you found at Tai Pan. I saw the birds there, but not the tray or I would of bought one too. I bought a bird similiar to yours but mine has a light red chest. The easter tag you made is adorable.
Your tablescape is perfect. I sure do like the cake plate with the bunnies in it. Very sweet.
Have fun scrapbooking, and I am jealous of your weather!!! lol
Ginger