Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Jeeping!


Hey there! I'm back. Feels like forever since I've posted, but my life just got a little hectic there for a minute. I was planning on posting pictures of Mia today, but I forgot my camera at my friend's house! I go back tomorrow so I'll get it then.

So in the meantime I'll show you all how much fun we had this past weekend camping in Borrego Springs State Park!

I gotta say - when there are wildflowers in bloom in the desert, people come out of the cracks to see them all. And of course we had to pick that particular weekend to go RVing . . . who knew? So anyway, there were about 300 other Jeeps out there too. Usually it's a little more quiet. But it was a gorgeous weekend and we had a great time with our friends Dale & Joy.

Here we go! I sure do love our cute little Jeep. That thing will go anywhere!



The desert really was lovely. 
The pictures don't do it justice, but there are flowers blooming, everywhere!


These little guys were what the big fuss was about. 

This is the flower  bloom of the Ocotillo Cacti.

Wouldn't want to mess with this guy. Ouch!

We are overlooking a portion of the Borrego Springs State Park called the Badlands.


Joy & Dale



Going through "the reeds" on our way up Coyote Canyon. This part was my favorite. Very fun!


We stopped for a beer at the top. Joy didn't have a jacket and it was FREEZING up there. 
OK I look really fat here, but am posting at anyway! What the heck!

Going back down. It was rocky and steep!

The next day, took off on some other side trips. Here - Joy did NOT like to watch us as we drove down this sand hill; it was so steep we tipped forward! (even my husband whispered "whoa".)  So when it was their turn, she opted to get out and walk! 
Can you see her in the middle of the road? Too funny!

But all in all, we had an EXCELLENT weekend.

[signature-1.gif]

6 comments:

Connie said...

How fun! I've never been jeeping but 4-wheeling with my sons and that was scarey!!! Love the flowers and YOU ARE NOT FAT...it's the puffy vest!! Can't wait to see Mia....hurry up...I'm dying here! Connie

Joyce said...

This looks like so much fun. I love the desert scenery. You have some beautiful pictures here.

Oh, and you definitely don't look fat!

Cynthia said...

Hi Karen,
I wondered where you had been, and now i know out having a great time! I love your pics and you do not look fat. The desert in bloom is just amazing, and the jeeps look like a lot of fun. Cindy

Shellmo said...

Looks like a fun trip! I've always wanted a jeep - but don't think I'd be going done those steep hills! I'm a chicken too!

April said...

Karen, that looks like so much fun! Do your dogs really have seatbelts?

Tell Joy that I chicken out and walk when my husband drives our Ranger over tiny little bridges....she is not alone!

Karen said...

April, we put harnesses on them and then they are clipped in to keep them from bouncing all around. We kind of learned that one the hard way our first trip out with them. HA!