Thursday, May 28, 2009

My First Show & Tell Friday

Hello everyone. 

MY FIRST TIME! Thank you Kelli at "There is no place like home" for hosting "Show and Tell Friday". This is going to be fun. I hope I've done all the copy/pasting correctly!

I have some things to "share" this week! They are things that makes me smile (sometimes GRIN) when I look at them, so here goes.

If you are familiar with my blog, you'll know I've been pretty excited about my room. I now have a room just for me - just for doing whatever I want in. After raising two boys and being the only female in the house I was ready for FRILLY PHOO-PHOO! And finally last summer I got my room. Since - at the time - we were empty nesters - I took the boys' Bonus Room. Now it's ALL MINE! I love to scrapbook, and just create in there. I love to hit the yard sales and the Goodwill stores. And throughout my excursions, I've come up with these bits and pieces of very special treasures. 

I'm going to share a special little spot in my room with you this week.


First, here are overall pictures of my room. 
I feel I must show you this first, 
so you can see how my special "show and tell" things inspire me.
You have to look hard to see it,
it is right there above the basket on top of the white cubes.
But every time I walk in - I walk right past it. 
Perfect!



It's never neat and clean. 
I usually have one project or another going on in here.


Ahhhhh - what's hiding under the table skirt! 
(We all have our little secrets.)

OK - on to what I want to share with you.

My lovely little tray of "nothings". 
They are for no purpose, other than I love the 
way they look, and they make me smile. 
They are feminine and phoo-phoo and I love them! 
That is an antique milk bottle with a simple ribbon on it. 
And the two ceramic boxes I've had for years and years.

These are three vintage bottles that I have filled 
part way full of antique music paper, vintage buttons 
and pearls! I've tied on simple bows of vintage lace 
and some ribbons, and used a vintage piece of jewelry to top it off.


See what's inside?


The old bobbins are two that I found at an 
Estate Sale and simply wrapped with vintage lace and ribbons. 
The pearls that you see on the bottom of 
the right one are vintage "cuffs" that ladies 
used to use to hold their long sleeves in place. 
 I just love them. And then I hung an old pearl bracelet from it, 
cause I liked the way it looked. The German Glass Glitter 
in the old S & P shakers just sparkle! And my Grandmother's 
old jar is full of vintage buttons on cards.

Well . . . that's my "show and tell". My first one. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed sharing it. Isn't it funny how the littlest things can make us so happy?

Have a great day everyone! I am off to "An Artistic Affaire Printemps" this weekend, hosted by the adorable Kim Caldwell, and I am so excited, I don't think I'll sleep at all tonight. I will take pictures and post all of it's loveliness next week. And I'll show you the birdhouse! I think it came out really cute! 

Have a great weekend everyone! 

XOXOXO 


[signature-1.gif]

22 comments:

Allidink said...

Great show and tell! I love your frilly girly room :) The vintage bottles are so pretty!

All the best,
Allison

Chari said...

Hi Karen...

What a fabulous first time Show & Tell Friday post...I loved it!!!

My friend, I'm so happy for you...that you finally got a room just for you...and it's such a beautiful and fun room at that! I love how you decorated it!!! Love the colors...so pretty! One of the things that caught my eye first was the pretty table skirt! It's gorgeous...did you make it? I sure had fun looking around your room...you have so many pretty things! I bet this room just inspires you to such great creativity!!! Okay...on to your Show & Tell goodies...each and every item is just so pretty! I smiled while I was looking at them too! Pretty bottles filled with pretty treasures! Love all of your ribbon and lace...it's all beautiful!!! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful room and pretty treasures with all of us!!!

Warmest wishes,
Chari

Carrie said...

Thanks for sharing your special girly items. Have a great weekend!

Theresa said...

I really enjoyed my visit in your special room! So much to see and I love the bottles that you decorated. That is wonderful that you have somewhere to keep everything that you are working on and not have to pull it all out and put it all back! Enjoy your weekend and I am off to an estate sale today... yahoo:)

Shellmo said...

I love your room - it would be so fun to be in there! The colors look great and I love your girly items!

Cindy said...

Wonderful first post. Love your new room. Enjoy.
Cindy

Hootin' Anni said...

You did good. I've always wanted a room of my own. Someday...maybe some day.

My show n tell is decades old toys. Come on over if you can find time.

Happy Friday.

Calming Scents said...

I love your room, the colors are inspiring. your little trinkets are neat also, what a great idea, a tray of nothings in particular.

Carla said...

A tray of 'nothings' I love it! Thank you for sharing your treasures (loving your room and its colors too)

Susan said...

How special to have this room just for you. I can tell the love you've put into it. I'm a bottle lover so I enjoyed your bottle displays.

Glad you joined in to S&T it's always fun.
Susan

Just me said...

How beautiful, I love the comfy couch! Great job!

Ginger said...

You did great, Karen. I love your girly room. I think the amount of storage you have in there is awesome. You can work on projects and have everything sitting out and just walk out and close the door. Perfect. I like the colors too.
Have a great weekend. Anxious for you to show your new project and how it turned out.

Briana said...

What a wonderful room! I have six sons so I know what you mean about needing a "girl" space.

diana said...

oh, how i love this room and would love to have one similar. you've done a great job with it and must love it, too. i took over an extra bedroom this last year as my youngest went off to college. it's supposed to be my scrapbooking room, and it will be - when i get my butt in gear and make it so. i'm hoping to do that this summer.

thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. we do have a lot in common. i moved to colorado 19 years ago after living most of my life in southern california, mostly torrance and redondo beach. i have family all over southern california. where are you? and we both have kids in college. scrapbooking. well, i'll be back as i hope to see you again over at my place.

have a great weekend.
(oh, and i do show and tell on fridays occasionally, too.)

Cindy said...

Hi Karen,
This is just a fabulous room! I love every inch of it~ so girly and so fun. No wonder you are so creative my dear, this is very inspiring. I also love that little tray filled with such pretties. Now on to that empty nest thing. My 19 year old just moved back home and it is quite a change again. She has reverted back to 14! AAAGH! hugs to you, Cindy

MyJourneyBack said...

What a beautiful room. I love it.
I love the green all the colors are great.
Thanks for sharing. Oh I love the skirt too I need to do that.
Have a Blessed Weekend.
Sherry

Barb said...

cute bottles Karen,
Blessings,
Barbara Jean

Kelli said...

Welcome to show and tell Friday! I am drooling over your special room...what a wonderful space to enjoy and so many beautiful touches, too! Have fun!
~Kelli

ceekay said...

I love your girl room...we all should have one! Great first S&T!

Christina said...

Welcome to show and tell Friday! Your room is fabulous. Okay that's it.... I'm telling hubby I want I want I want my own craft room. hahahaha I do have craft room but I like yours better. So inspiring. Thank you for sharing.

Many blessings
Christina

Itajeff @Something To Share said...

What a wonderful show and tell..love your room

Happy Friday

Lots of luv,
Ita

Leann said...

What a great room. Our oldest just moved out last weekend. And I'm getting his room for my very own. Thanks for the inspiration! We seem to have similar tastes.

Please stop by for a visit anytime!
Leann