Friday, May 8, 2009

Perfect!


Wow! I think this makes 3 days in a row I've posted! That's a record! But all of a sudden I have lots of different things I'd like to share! 

Yesterday when I headed down to Lowes to see what I could find for the black birdhouse - well, I kinda "stopped by" an Antique store that was on the way. You know - one of those "spur of the moment"  kinda  "fly by the seat of your pants" kind of thing. (hehehe)

Well look what I found!! I fell in love with this. It was on the tippy top of a bookcase, pushed to the back, and I had to move a ton of things to get to it . . . but I got it!  I have very specifically been looking for something different to hold my favorite stamps on. Boy do I have a one-of-a-kind now!

It's about 20" high, and it's already shabby-chic'd! 
It's just an old lamp foot base, the middle body of a lamp, and the finial, 
with 2 very thick tin plates, one of which has been 
bent up in sections on top to make it smaller. 
It weighs a ton!


I love the details on the top.


This little guy is so cute.

See? It's just an old heavy lamp. I thought it was a pretty clever idea. 

It's just so perfect for my special stamps. I can see what I have at a glance, and it's very convenient.  So I am VERY HAPPY!!!

I know, weird post. But hey! It's the little things!! I love it!!!!

Mark asked what I wanted to do for Mother's Day and I of course said "Go to the Rose Bowl swap meet!" Couldn't go last month because it was held on Easter and the month before that we were out of town. I hope it isn't so blazing hot that I die. I need to go while it is somewhat cool, otherwise I am one miserable person. I DO NOT like the heat. I know! I hear all of you saying "Well then Karen, buy a cabin in Colorado!"  I know! I'm working on it!! LOL

Have a good weekend! Happy Mother's Day everyone! 

XOXOXO

[signature-1.gif]

8 comments:

Cathy said...

Wonderful!!! Totally worth digging for!!! Your stamps look great on it and think of all the other wonderful things you can use it for!!!

Have a wonderful Friday!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Ginger said...

Hi Karen:
I think that's great that you posted so much this week. I wish I could think of some good things to post about.
That is really unusual, and cute. I think it worked out perfect for your stamps.
I've heard about the Rose Bowl swap meet. I bet it's pretty crowded (I hate crowds). Hope you find some neat things.
Happy Mother's Day to you too.
Ginger

Connie said...

Get a cabin in Colorado and I'm there whether you invite me or not. Would love to have you and Mark out for dinner. We are heading to Colorado to see Ms. Bella next Friday...I am so excited! So I will look at our schedule and see what works with yours!

Love your stamp stand....I would have never thought of that!!

Have a good Mother's Day at the Swap Meet!
Love ya, Connie

Allidink said...

Ah I want to go to the Rose Bowl flea market too! I'm actually going to be with family near Pasadena...very tempting. LOL That stand is really neat! I have seen people come up with clever things using lamp bases.

All the best,
Allison

Shellmo said...

I love that bird on your new stamp holder! And I'm like you - can't stand the heat. I vote for the cabin in Colorado!! (Psst, don't forget - I'm a log home dealer! Tee hee!)

grammy said...

You are so right. It is the little things and they are different for each of us and you can almost bet your husband won't be able to figure it out (o:

Debilou said...

Hey Karen
Happy late birthdy to you and I hope you have a wonderful Mothers Day. I love the bag your friend made you, that is so special. And you can never have too many tote bags. I'm still working on the "D" list,, its harder than i thought. Have a great week!

Cynthia said...

Hi Karen,
Thank-you for the congrats! Now we are both CC Giveaway Winners! I love that thingy ma dingy you got there. It looks so cute, great vision my friend. Sorry about the lack of snow, but we've been so green deficient that I can't stop staring out my window! LOL, Hugs to you, Cindy