Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Tablescape Thursday - reality check for me



Hi everyone! Here we go again!

Thank you to Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for once again hosting this! It really is fun! I don't do nearly what most of you other gals do . . . how on earth do you find the time? LOL

Now remember I told you last week that that was the last time my spring dishes would be out? Well, they are gone! Rotated up to the top shelf  of the kitchen cabinets and down to the middle shelf came the summer ones. And I love these just as much.

The vintage blue and yellow tablecloth is one from my childhood. 


The pattern is by Nikko. It is called Pleasantdale. 
And yes, I found most of them at TJMaxx - 
golly . . . it's been about 12 or 13 years now. 
And I added to it with a few more pieces 
from Replacements.com.



Napkin rings by Brighton.
A friend of mine gave me a pair each Christmas.
I now have a collection of 12. 
And I love them.



Ok! Now lets get real!
It all got put back in the cupboard. 
The candlesticks back to the dining room
and the centerpiece and linens back to the closet.

Because during the summer - I declutter the entire house.
I just don't have too much stuff sitting out. 
Dining room is very minimal.
Kitchen counters are clear, no mixer out because 
I do my best to not heat the oven. Period.
We'll do all of our BBQ and cooking outside on the grill.
I love having all the doors and windows open 
each evening because we get such a great breeze 
to cool off the house. And I really don't want 
to spend my time dusting all of my pretty things every other day.

So, in reality? 

Usually, this is what the kitchen table looks like!
Grab the napkins, the wine and glasses, and minimal dishes . . .
Why?

Cause we usually eat out here!

But I guess that's another post!

I hope you all don't think I'm whacky. I'm just tellin' it like it is at our house! :)

Have a great day!

XOXOXO


[signature-1.gif]

28 comments:

Scribbler said...

I appreciate your honesty. The same goes at our house, too!

Scribbler

Martha said...

Love your summer dishes. I love blue anything! And the napkin rings -- I have silver ones as well and absolutely love them -- every meal our napkins are in them.

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

I love those Nikko dishes! Happy Tablescape Thursday ~ Susan

ellen b said...

What a great pattern on those dishes! I really like them. But!!! I'm really liking those napkin rings. Napkin rings are a weakness of mine.

Joyce said...

I have to laugh as my house usually does not look like any of these tablescapes during the work week either. I do like your Nikko dishes.
Joyce

susan said...

Did not even know Brighton made napkin rings! They are beautiful. We also use a lot of plastic and pape in the summer--but still cute paper :)

Marsha's Mpressions said...

You're cute! The important thing is that you all sit down and spend time together. Isn't that the truth! :)

Shelia said...

Oh, this is funny! I love your outdoor table and think your idea of putting things away to make life easier is a good thing! Now those dishes are so lovely! love the blue and yellow.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Michelle said...

I like the blue and yellow combination! Great! I didn't even know Brighton DID napkin rings...!
Michelle

Cindy said...

Karen,
This is just so true! We set them up and put them away! LOL! I love the china and those napkin rings are fabulous girl. I will be over tomorrow, when's the next plane? Your patio looks so inviting too. I have my give-away from CC set-up for my table this week all this blogging has me pooped! Hugs, Cindy

Allidink said...

Yay eating outside is so nice :) The tablescape is beautiful :)

All the best,
Allison

Fifi Flowers said...

Pretty table!

Kim @ Manning Family Tree said...

Thanks for keeping it real. I love, love, love the napkin rings. Great tablescape.

Theresa said...

Love those dishes too! Makes me want to go shopping:) Have a blessed day!

Kammy said...

Love what you did ! I didn't know that Brighton made napkin rings...I heart Brighton ! You have a very nice collection !
Hugs ~ Kammy

Rita Kent at TesoroFino.Com said...

I love the blue and yellow combination. Isn't it so dreamy? Thanks for sharing. Stop by and see my table setting, if you like what you see, be sure to subscribe to my blog by clicking on "Follow" in the right hand column. This way we can inspire one another frequently! Be sure to stay a while when you're there and enjoy the experience!

Emily said...

How pretty! I LOVE the napkin ring! Everything looks great!

Blessings,
Emily

Linda/"Mom" said...

* Thanks for making me smile~~~ love your style, and the table's soft colors are sooooo pretty n' welcoming~~~(then again, I ALSO like that "vino & glasses" table, too! Grins!)~

Warmly,
Linda *

marty39 said...

Oh what a lovely tablescape. I love the soft blue and white. YOur dishes are just stunning. So beautifully put together. Hugs, Marty

ButterYum said...

Love the urn cernterpiece!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

So pretty - and I even liked the "reality" table!

Ginger said...

Karen you are too funny!!! I like your blue dishes, but I am with you, less is better during the summer. With that beautiful yard, I would eat out there too.

grammy said...

Thanks for sharing that. I enjoy seeing other peoples hard work (o: My youngest son turns 24 in June. Fun to see the pics of your son.

A Hint of Home said...

Love the blue and yellow together. I did a guest bedroom in those colors.
I'm with you, I have a kitchen because it came with the house. lol Not really. We use it occasionaly. I love eating out when the weather permits.
Happy Memorial Day!

Brenda said...

Now I like an honest woman! I love that vintage table cloth, though. And those dishes! OMG! I love those dishes. But you can't beat outside, can ya?
Brenda

Cathy said...

Karen,
I love your summer dishes!!! The colors are wonderful and perfect for summer!!! My husband and I ate breakfast outside this morning and like you that is where we will have our meals until it gets too hot to breathe...summer in Texas!!!

Thank you so much for stopping by earlier!!! I appreciate your prayers. It is not looking good for this precious lamb. I feel so for his family!!!

Thanks again!!! Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Melissa Miller said...

It's beautiful Karen!

LOVE your Brighton napkin rings! :)

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

OH how I love dishes..and yours are just gorgeous! I have NEVER seen that pattern before..and the color is rather unusual. SO pretty! The napkin rings are beautiful too.
A really lovely tablescape!

WHY aren't I over here checking on you more often!!! I'm MISSING out!!
I tell you, I am running as fast as I can...not wanting to miss a thing..and still I miss stuff. Thanks for stopping by!
~smiles~
Mona