Monday, May 11, 2009

What does Heaven smell like?

Some of my plants are almost done blooming already and it's kind of sad. 
So I want to share some of my front and back yards with you 
while they are still blooming.

So here's to you all of my blogging friends! Enjoy. 


Remember a few posts ago I told you our wall of Jasmine was 
getting ready to just explode into bloom?  Almost! It's not quite 
there - but I'm telling you, if someone would 
just invent "blogaroma" - you'd be loving life 
looking at this picture! Honest - this must be 
what Heaven smells like! (sigh)



I love these. I have always called them fortnight lilies 
(that's what I was told they were called many years ago - 
but apparently that is incorrect) because 
they bloom every two weeks. It's wonderful!

They are so pretty. But no scent - bummer.
But the jasmine behind them more than make up for it.

The Sweet Pea bushes will stop for a while, 
they are almost done now,
and then do it all over again, all summer long!

As will the Spanish Lavender.

Out front, it's all about the Geraniums!

They literally encircle the front yard. 
It looks gorgeous, but it's very hard to get a pictures of! 



And then there is the Forsythia. This has gotten HUGE!
Oh my goodness - it too smells like Heaven must!

Have a good day everyone!

XOXOXO
[signature-1.gif]

13 comments:

Ginger said...

Karen your yard front and back are just gorgeous. I love the smell of jasmine and sweet peas. And the purple geraniums are so pretty. I think in Calif. you can grow just about anything with your perfect weather. I used to have gardenias growing when I lived in Long Beach. I miss the smell of them.
Did you make it to the swap meet yesterday?

Allidink said...

Oh I love jasmine. My parents always have gardenias and jasmine. :) It looks so nice.

All the best,
Allison

Cynthia said...

Karen,
I'm lovin it ! Your yard is so BEAUTIFUL and so is your lovely home. Love all those beautiful plants. More more Please! LOL, Cindy

Theresa said...

Beautiful plants! I have lots of jasmine but it has never bloomed. Maybe this year? Have a blessed day!

Cathy said...

These photos are gorgeous!!! With the plants you have chosen I bet it smells heavenly!!!

I hope you are having a wonderful day!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Nancy said...

Hi Karen, Your yard is just beautiful!
Thank you so much for your visit to my blog, the other day! It is so nice to meet you and have you stop by. Please come back anytime. Nancy

Calming Scents said...

very very nice. I'm been looking for jasmine, so far no luck. I think i'm going to have to go to a more specialized garden center.

I love all of your flowers..they are so beautiful.

grammy said...

Wow, that is beautiful. Lots of work too I am sure. Our flowers are not blooming yet. I did see one Iris that thinks it wants to open (o:

April said...

Karen.....your yard is fabulous! I don't have much blooming yet.....some purple and yellow swamp iris and my roses are slowly coming around! It has been raining so much that really my yard just smells like a mud hole....I hate it!

Thanks for continuing to check on Emily and leave messages for David....this is really wearing him down!

Melissa Miller said...

Karen your yard is just simply stunning!
I have never seen such a beautiful front door! :)

Shellmo said...

You have such a beautiful yard! I want to come over and smell those flowers! :-0

Cindy said...

Karen my dear,
You can come visit anytime and I'll even give you a bedroom! (lol) your such a sweetie, have a wonderful soon to be weekend and don't forget, more pics of your beautiful home. Hugs, Cindy (love that door)

"Blossom" said...

Karen, are the geraniums the weeping ones and do you have sun all day? These are georgous