Monday, June 1, 2009

The birdhouse revealed!


I hope everyone had a great weekend.  If you recall, I attended  "An Artistic Affaire Printemps" hosted by the most wonderful woman Kim Caldwell and IT WAS AWESOME! We worked on three different crafts from 9 to 9 and were pampered and spoiled the entire time. What an experience. I loved all three crafts, and learned so much. I am definitely going to go back to the next one! I will post pictures from my wonderful day but first . . . the birdhouse!

Remember we were doing a "Birdhouse swap"? For those who wanted to participate, we were each assigned a partner and we found out what each other liked; colors and style, and then we "created" a birdhouse for them. The theme was "Home Tweet Home".

My partner was Terry and she was a KICK! Her color was black and I had thought "Oh my gosh!" I was so worried. I think she liked it. I hope it wasn't too country. I had a hard time with the color.


Here's the front. I had to have another color other than 
just cream, so I chose red. 


The shingles are made from scrapbook paper and vintage music sheets.






See the little nest inside with the little eggs? 
It is made of vintage music paper too.

He is holding a charm key and locket.





The back. The red dot is a ladybug.





The swing was made out of an old pearl necklace and a piece of bark.


Here is the beautiful one she made me. My colors were pink and creme and anything frilly.


Perfect!!!! I just love it.


The details are great. And she said she 
found the birdhouse with all the carving already on it, 
all she had to do was paint and embellish that part. 


Can you read what the key says?




Here is the back.


Everyone had such a good time. Some of the birdhouses were amazing!!

I'll post more of my wonderful day later in the week! Thanks for visiting!

XOXOXO


[signature-1.gif]

16 comments:

Allidink said...

Wow! Beautiful! Both of them! :) Yay pink!

All the best,
Allison

Theresa said...

They are both just gorgeous! Couldn't wait to see the black one! Great job!

Cindy said...

Hi Karen,
Check your e-mail. I finally remembered my password. I just love love these birdhouses! You made a wonderful one- I really like it with the notesongs and those cute little eggs inside. The pink one is so frilly and girly, just love it! hugs, Cindy

Shellmo said...

Wow - yours turned out fantastic! And so did the one you are getting in return! I love the detail on these!! How did you do the music sheets on the roof - decopauge? (Not sure if I spelled that right!) Now I want to make birdhouses!!!

Ginger said...

Karen, I'm glad you had such a great time and enjoyed the projects. Your birdhouse is beautiful. You did such a good job on it, and I can tell you put in so much time and thought to it.
The one you received in return is adorable too. I can't read what is on the key.

diana said...

wow! what beautiful bird houses. both of them are amazing. you are so creative.

looking forward to seeing what crafts kept you busy all day long.

Carrie said...

These birdhouses are exquisite! Thanks for sharing.

fiberdoodles said...

Karen - what a wonderful job! They are both so cute!! Thank you for sharing.

Sharon

Christine said...

Karen..I sure hope you gave yourself a big pat on the back! Your house turned out beautiful! The one you received is also just beautiful! I now sooo want a bird house!...lol I loe the "Home Tweet Home" sign..how cute.

Glad you had a fun time and I can not wait for your next big day out.

grammy said...

so cute. looks like a fun thing to do... switch (o;

ButterYum said...

I was going to say that I wanted to move into that adorable black and white house, but then I saw the pink one and it nearly took my breath away... stunning!!!

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such nice comments. Much appreciated my friend.

Take care,
ButterYum

A Hint of Home said...

Oh, the little houses are adorable. Looks like a fun project. I wish I could go to the next class with you. Too cute!

Kammy said...

Hi Karen,
That is one fancy schmancy birdhouse ! I really like all the black ! You did a great job !
Hugs ~ Kammy

fiberdoodles said...

Hi Karen,

I was tagged today and wanted to share the fun with you. I hope you will participate.

Take care,
Sharon

Cynthia's Cottage Design said...

HI Karen,

I just adore your little birdhouse, how sweet!! Your blog is just wonderful, I took some time last week to read so many of your posts, and I have to say, you are such a wonderful writer and I felt like I knew you forever! I love your sense of humor and you have such a warmth in everything you share too!

Thanks so much for entering my give-away, I honestly wish I could have given everyone a prize! I thought it was so cute how you said: " pick me, Pick me"! ( lol ) and your words about my blog were so thoughtful and sweet!! I've added you to my blog roll to stop in often, I hope you have a fabulous weekend!!

Hugs, Cynthia xox

Theresa said...

Just checking in to make sure you are OK out there! Have a blessed day!