Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Double Post!


My first double post. 

First is Show & Tell Friday hosted by Kelli over at There's No Place Like Home. I think I'm addicted to this, because I seem to be coming up with something that doesn't take forever to post for the last couple of weeks. YAY! So thank you Kelli for hosting this very fun event. be sure to jump over to Kelli's blog and visit all the other great entrees this week. 

This week I'm going to share with you a little more of my workroom. It was becoming a mess, so I ended up gong to Home Goods with fingers crossed, and of course, I did not walk out disappointed. 

I found these cute canisters for my ribbons and lace. 
I put it all together last night. And everything looks 
so much better.  Now I can see what I have with just a glance. 

I have become addicted to vintage ribbon and lace. 
Even just little bits and pieces! I love digging through it all! 
There is a wonderful vendor at the Rose Bowl Flea Market 
who has a wonderful selection of vintage lace, 
ribbon and buttons. I could spend hours there!


Some of this is vintage, and some isn't. I've put lace in one and ribbon in the other.

And the larger one is for used ribbon and 
lace that I think I can reuse. 
The canisters look so pretty sitting there 
with all the different textures and colors.

Right next to them is my leaded bowl ($4 yard sale find!) 
full of vintage buttons. Isn't the bowl gorgeous?

Next to that is my little mosaic box I made at 
An Artistic Affaire a few weeks ago.

And next to that are my ribbon boxes that 
are STUFFED full of new ribbon. 

So my worktable is now organized again, 
but now that I have so much more "stuff" 
I have to use it for storage too!
(Please don't let my husband read this post!)

Because over on top of the paper storage 
(next to MORE new ribbon) is 

a big hat box full of . . . 

The BIG 100 yard spools of ribbon and lace that
I can't fit anywhere else. (hehehe)
In fact there was so much, I looked at my "pretty" 
antique bobbins and thought "Put them to good use!" 
So I wrapped a few of my 100 yards of lace 
onto a few of them and now once again can see what I have.

Tada! I Love the way it looks.

And that is my cleaned up work table in my favorite room in the entire house.


NOW!

It's time for Marty's Cloche Party! I've been looking forward to this. Marty from over at A Stroll Thru Life is hosting this, and I can't wait to see what everyone shares! Be sure to jump over to her blog and see for yourself!

I've just started collecting my cloches this year. And I love them!   

I loved all my Easter display's. So I will reshare those with you now.
Remember to click on the pictures and they will enlarge.







For those of you who know me - you'll remember I don't have a lot of things out for the summer. I just don't like dusting it all, and I leave my doors and windows open as much as I can.

So I really only have them on display in my "new" hutch. And for some reason, I cannot get a picture with either camera without all the "rings" appearing. So . . . Use your imagination! They look REALLY pretty (all enclosed and kinda dust free!). 






Now go over to Marty's blog and check out all the rest! Have a great evening!

XOXOXO
[signature-1.gif]

40 comments:

Lisa Shatzer said...

What a pretty worktable. Very inspiring!

Mary Ellen (megardengal) said...

I love your cloches and your work table--- I am so envious- oh wait- your not supposed to envy-- I really like your workspace! I had a dozen or so old spools and got rid of the when we were moving a few years ago- now I am looking for some again to use as you have!

blessings
mary

ellen b said...

Oh my look at all your pretty cloches
What is the plural of cloche anyway!
I really enjoyed each and every one...

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

These are beautiful, Karen!!

Shellmo said...

Your workspace is so organized and inviting!! I would love to do "work" in a room like that!! And I love your cloche - you've inspired me. I think I need one for the cabin!

marty39 said...

I love your worktable and all the wonderful containers keeping things organized. YOur ribbon wall display is awesome. Now I could have a ball in there. Your easter cloche displays were fantastic. I love the flowers and the bunnies. So petty. I would never have thought to leave them empty and put them in front of a plate, but how gorgeous is that!! I love it. Makes the cloches look super and the plate behind really shows up even better. Thanks so much for participating. This has been fun. Hugs, Marty

Brenda said...

Well, I guess we're both addicted to that old vintage lace and ribbon and stuff! So pretty all your things in the canisters and your pretty room. And I'm so glad to have found you through this party!
Brenda

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Your cloches are so pretty & really like the canisters!
Glenda

Elyse said...

wow! this is all so pretty! i love how you are displaying your ribbons and supplies. what an awesome creative space!!!

i don't have even one cloche but seeing how pretty yours look i may have to start looking around for one ...

thanks for leaving such sweet comment on my blog!

xo

diana said...

how perfect to have organization and prettiness too. i love the old bobbins with lace. thanks for sharing.

Kammy said...

Hi Karen !
I love all your cloches and glass stuff ! I love the ones on your work table....I have ribbon too..not vintage....anyway I want to wrap them up on clothes pins and put them in a jar.....it the works ! I see you are a scrapper too ! I haven't had the time as I am too busy blogging...LOL !
Hugs ~ Kammy

Cindy said...

Oh Karen!!
You've been a busy girl! what a fab job on that workroom, it's pretty and functional and shhh, I won't tell the hubby about this post! I love the vintage lace, what a cool thing to collect and now on to your lovely cloches! The Easter table is sparkly and stunning! I made the pic big and I could stare at it for the longest time! I so love that pretty purple fabric that you added, it just really set's everything off with such a lovely glow! Lovely table and chairs too, I bet the company loves it in there! Hugs, and way to go girl! Cindy

Michelle@Fromhousetohome said...

So pretty, I love how you organized everything so nicely!
~Michelle

Allidink said...

Very nice! I love both posts :) Those canisters are awesome! I just went to Homegoods in Lake Forest and I didn't see them, maybe that's the one you went too and snatched them all? LOL. Cute idea with the ribbons :) And the cloches!

All the best,
Allison

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

Your cloches with the Easter theme are really pretty. BTW, I love that wall holder for your ribbons and notions.

FOR THE SAKE OF TIME said...

Your organization ideas are wonderful! I'll keep your secret : O )

Charla

~CC Catherine said...

Hey Karennnnnnnnn....I have missed you friend! Thanks for stopping by to read about my birdie story....but until you hear the "ENTIRE" story, you won't appreciate it! We must have another call soon! ;) Your work room is GORGEOUS, how inspiring you are! I have a passion for vintage lace too...and type of ribbon...way too precious! Your work room makes me want to bring my Romantic Home magazine, grab my tea...and crawl up on a chair in the corner and just vegggggg out. :) Very relaxing...and creative...you are CREATIVE in that work room girl! And...the Cloches are lovely. I adore the ones on the table...and I recognize that gorgeous sheer pink organza cloth under them. :) How lovely that looks with the bunnies. Your hutch is lovely! Miss you friend, ~CC Catherine

Jenglamgirl said...

LOOKS GREAT, I just love all your work!

Sue said...

I loved the etched cloche in the china cabinet! Cracks me up about the dust and how you put things up... I just live w/it and continue to windex everything!! Your Easter table decorations using the tall cloches are beautiful. Sue

Ginger said...

I love those cannisters you found at Home Goods. And all your ribbon and lace look so good in them. I think your work table looks great.
I just got a cloche last year at Christmas and I really like putting different things in it.
Great job, Karen.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Beautiful Cloche's and the way you have them all done is awesome...love your work space...thanks for sharing....hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Melissa Miller said...

~WOWEE! Karen you have the prettiest clocches ever!

Your new canisters are gorgeous as well. They would have left with me too.

~Happy cloche party! :)

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Just beautiful. I really need to get a couple of those...what fun they must be to play with. I have one..not a really pretty one..but now I want a couple more to play with...I AM GETTING THE BUG! :)

Barb said...

You have a lot of wonderful things and beautiful way to store them.

blessings,
Barbara jean

Itajeff @Something To Share said...

You work table is wonderful. Love your cloches.

Happy Friday..

Lots of luv,
Ita

Theresa said...

Girl, you are busy out there! I love all your pretties and my ribbon could sure use you to get it all organized! Have a great day!

Jane said...

A wonderful craft work room. And your "new" china cupboard looks very nice. May God bless your week with spiritual blessings also.

skoots1mom said...

thx 4 sharing!

Barb~Bella Vista said...

Hi Karen, love them all. Your vignettes are simply lovely!!!!

Barb

Love Bears All Things said...

You know, even your workspace looks like decoration. I love how you've done it. Does it ever get messy? It looks so pretty. Can't wait to see what you create there.
Mama Bear

Shelia said...

Lovely lovely! This is your workspace? Oh, my goodness. It's gorgeous!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Love your workspace..and your cloches! Susan

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Love your new ribbon holders, really cute and unique. Your Cloches are beautiful! Have a great day!!

Sherrie
http://mygardeningwoes.blogspot.com/2009/06/show-and-tell-friday_19.html

Boo-Bah said...

One word describes it all. GORGEOUS!!!!
That leaded glass bowl is really nice. I love the cannisters I just love it all.

Iris

Maryjane - The Beehive Cottage said...

Such sweet filled cloches!

Hugs!
Maryjane

Sandra said...

Very pretty! I love how you displayed everything! Glad I found your blog and I hope you dont' mind me following you now. :)
Blessings,
Sandra

fiberdoodles said...

Hi Karen,

Everything looks so wonderful, what a great job! Thank you for sharing.

Sharon

Leann said...

Hi Just stopping by to say hello and thanks for visiting last week. I haven't been feeling well and am just make my visits.

I love your new canisters and the cloches are terrific. I only have one and been so inspired by everyone's photos.

Please stop by again. Enjoy your day!
Leann

Muthering Heights and Other Senseless Sensibility said...

Those canisters are BEAUTIFUL!!!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I enjoyed seeing all this, very pretty! I think those canisters could probably qualify for cloches as well, love them!

Katherine