Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I'm sorry, but I almost died when . . .


OK, I HAVE to share this with you. If I offend anyone - I apologize, but . . . 

Let's go shopping! I got an Email today from Coach. They have a new line coming out. So I glanced through what they offered and happened upon THIS!  Now I love a good purse like the next gal, and I will confess to having a "few" Coach purses. But . . . this just absolutely cracked me up.


What every woman needs - a gardening tote. 
Come on everyone let's all order one. 
They go for the stunning price of only $6,000.00. 
Yes - you read that right!
But remember now, the gardening tools are included!

Not into gardening?
Ok, let's settle for going to the beach instead. 
We'll all bring our Beach bags!
It's only $2400.00.
They come fully equipped too! 
(why do I need gardening tools in a beach bag?)
Somebody in marketing screwed that one up . . . 
 
OK, I'm over it. But I had to share this. I cannot even imagine  . . . 

Now I know there are a lot more expensive bags out there compared to Coach. Louis Vitton for one. I have no clue how much they run - and probably never will. But my friend Jeanne gave me my first Coach purse and she said this to me when I called her up to scream at her on Christmas morning. "Karen, what else do you treat rougher than your purse? Day in and day out - it takes a beating. You need a good purse." And she's right. I've had my first purse for 2 1/2 years now, and it looks as good today as it did when I opened it. (Can't say the same for my 2 cloth ones - stick with leather!) And I do love my purse.

But - $6000.00? 

It's kind of like electricity in my book. I have better things to spend $6000 on than a gardening tote. And I have better things to spend my money on than wasted electricity! (I am a stickler when it comes to this. You waste water or electricity in my house, you will definitely hear it from MOI! Just ask my kids! OH! And their friends! )

That's it for today! Have a good evening everyone!

XOXOXO
[signature-1.gif]

9 comments:

grammy said...

Those are indeed crazy prices. I do love bags. My kids call me a bag lady. Every now and then I find a great deal at a garage sale.
By the way, I thought it was always the Father that yelled at everyone to turn the lights off (o:

Melissa Miller said...

Karen you are too funny! :)
I do love Coach bags as well.

I agree with you though....a six thousand dollar gardening tote? I'll bet I can find one at Marshalls for five bucks. LOL!

Lisa said...

OMG! Girl, I would be wearing those gardening tools around my neck for jewelry! I'd have to 'cause the real stuff would be at the pawn shop where I sold them to buy the purse.:) Thanks for the Wednesday laugh!

Sandra said...

OMgosh, I would not spend that much money on a purse like that! I'd rather put that 6,000 as a down payment on the CTS Cadillac I want! Hee hee!
Blessings,
Sandra

Ginger said...

Hi Karen:
That purse is for the gal who has everything I guess. I have a Coach purse that I bought at the factory outlet and I love it. At the time I bought it I felt so guilty spending $150 on it, but like you said, it will never wear out and it looks just as good as the day I bought it. I told the my daughter and d.i.l's that they could fight over it when I die. lol.

Theresa said...

That is too funny! I love purses but just can't spend that kind of money on those. Now my daughter has several Coaches and other expensive bags. They are great quality and she uses them a lot and they still look just as good as they did when she bought them. Thanks for the giggle:)

diana said...

$6000 (or even $2400) is C.R.A.Z.Y!! there are starving people, there are people losing their houses, there are families who can't put food on their table - and then there are women who would spend that kind of money on a gardening or beach tote. makes ME crazy.

"Blossom" said...

Yeah, this is crazy. I thought my husband was crazy when he bought me a Louis Vuitton at $875.00 for Christmas; that was unti my daugher opened her package from her boyfriend of a Louis Vuitton that was $1850.00 that is so.......crazy. But both of us have been know to carry coach pursers for 5 years or more. So I think I will be carrying this one for 10 or more years. LOL

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You re, I guess , perhaps curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I started to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a correct companion who uses your funds in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://ivisuliry.100megsfree5.com/hihyky.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money