Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My Favorite Paintings


Today I thought I would share my favorite paintings with you.  When it comes to artwork, I have always been in the frame of mind of  "buy what you love" and "would you want to be there?" (Be sure to click on the photo to enlarge so you can really see the detail.)

For my 40th birthday Mark bought me two Thomas Kincaid prints.

 "Victorian Garden II"
The canvas measures 20" x 24". 
It's nice and big and easy to enjoy.
I WANT TO LIVE HERE!


 "Stillwater Bridge"
Sweetheart Gardens I


It is a smaller canvas measuring about 12" x 16".
I have it just propped against the wall on a shelf
in our Master Bedroom.

Then about five years ago, we had an opportunity to buy this one 
directly through someone who works for Thomas Kincaid. 
I love it!!
 
"A Peaceful Retreat"
"Beginning of a Perfect Evening II"
I want to live here too!
We have this one hanging above our bed. 

Someday, when we get our cabin in Colorado, this one will go there. (sigh.)

XOXOXO
[signature-1.gif]

9 comments:

Sandra said...

Very pretty pictures. I love Thomas Kinkade's work. It has that magical and serene feeling to each picture. :)
Blessings,
Sandra

Lisa said...

Love them all. Wouldn't it be fun to live in that farmhouse and decorate that porch...!

Anonymous said...

Pretty!!!

Theresa said...

They are just gorgeous! You WILL have that cabin in Colorado... I am sure of it:) Have a blessed day.

Allidink said...

How nice! My favorite is the Victorian Gardens one :)

All the best,
Allison

Mieke said...

I hope I get invited when you live in that cabin...

Shellmo said...

Karen - I LOVE Thomas Kincaide!! I would love to live in one of those photos too!

P.S. HOpe I get to sell you that log home in the future - LOL!!!

diana said...

they're beautiful.

Kathleen from England said...

Hi, just want to say I really enjoy your blog and I too want to live at Peaceful Retreat, that place just looks exactly like my idea of heaven!