Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Tablescape Thursday


Whoo Hoo! (why do I start most of my posts that way?) LOL

Thanks again to Susan at "Between Naps on the Porch" for hosting this event. It really is fun to get see what everyone does. I am still in awe of what some of you do. Me? It is so REALITY. What you see here, is what we had for dinner tonight. HA!

So here we go. 

What is it with my tablescapes that it looks wonderful in real life, 
and as soon as I look at the pictures it's like  "huh?"

Dishes courtesy of Target! (well . . .  I paid for them)


It really did look cute. 


Tonight's menu was easy. Cobb salad.
Mark was going to be late . . . I rest my case.

I got the most DELICIOUS white nectarines at the Farmer's market.


A little garlic bread - yes I know . . . it's "slightly charred".
I got distracted!

The Hydrangea are in bloom all around us.


So I cut just a few . . . 


Have you ever sat down to dinner with your 20 year old son,
and had a ball?
Well he and I did tonight. Every once in a while - just the two of us - 
clicks. A good night for Dad to be late.
Lots of dialog. 
That's a good thing when they are 20.
Ever hear the song by Montgomery Gentry called 
"Back When I Knew It All"  ??
Perfectly describes my 20 year old.
But hey, I got him to try an orange bell pepper. . . 
and surprisingly - he LIKED it.

Perfect!

XOXOXO Hugs everyone!
[signature-1.gif]

25 comments:

Elyse said...

what a perfectly sweet table and an evening to match. my boys are only 6 and 8 but there's nothing better than when we have a really good time together and share a real laugh. it's the best.

so fun and i always love gingham. adorable, sweetie!

xo

Kathryn @ Bonafide Southern said...

I had a watermelon theme this week too for my TT! Your cobb salad looks amazing!

diana said...

it all looks very cute and yummy. i char my garlic bread on purpose - i like it that way =)

glad you and your son had such a nice time together. those times are special.

Kammy said...

Hi Karen !
Love those flowers and that table - WOW ! Your food made me want dinner , again.....hmmmmmm, LOL 1
Hugs ~ Kammy

Melissa Wertz said...

Nice table and love your outdoors. Glad that you had a wonderful evening with your DS.

ceekay said...

Those plates are sooo cute and I just love all the checks. Very summer-y!!

printersdevil said...

Family time is wonderful. Your plates are very cute and the flowers are great.

Really Rainey said...

Great post... love all the colors! Love the love too!
Have a good rest of the week!
~Really Rainey~

Connie said...

Your tablescape is definitely summer! Pretty colors too! WHat a nice dinner to share with Justin and get some one on one time. I love those times too.

Connie

Theresa said...

Ahhhh, I loved visiting your table and I want some pink hydrangeas. I only have blue but they are beautiful and I keep a bouquet on my kitchen counter. Have a blessed day!

Enchanted Rose Studio said...

Karen, your tablescape is lovely. The pail holding the flatware is adorable! The pink hydragenas are beautiful!

Thanks for sharing!

Tina

Tracie said...

This is so pretty....I adore hydrangea..and am working very hard on my one little bush here in the dessert..Very Pretty..thanks for sharing

Michelle said...

I love the pink and green! Throw in some good food: heaven! I like my garlic bread crunchy!! Happy TT!

Kathryn @ Bonafide Southern said...

The comment you left on my TT post was just the sweetest. I hadn't added a followers button because I honestly didn't know whether anyone would want to follow me or not. I didn't know how terribly exciting my blog would be. Since you asked for it though, I went and added one, so you'll have to check it out! :)

You had asked me about summer break, and yes ma'am I am on summer break right now, so I have plenty of time for things like creating tablescapes! Please come back and visit with me anytime!

Tracie said...

I can't get past that beautiful slate table too.......thanks for your help with my blog :> Got it!

Brenda said...

This is so pretty and upbeat with the flowers in the garden and elsewhere! I love outdoor settings. Who cares if something is a little "brown." Must have tasted wonderful. Love it, hon!
Brenda

Ginger said...

Hi Karen:
Whoo hoo (lol) I love your table and the food looks so good. I haven't had cobb salad before, but it sure looks delicious. So do the white nectarines. I think anytime you can sit down with your son and have dinner and conversation is a good night. I bet Mark is sorry he missed out.

Ginger said...

I forgot...those pink hydrangeas are beautiful

Allidink said...

Cute tablescape :) very summery!

All the best,
Allison

Cathy said...

Oh...how fun!!! The table looks so summery and pretty!!! Your food looks so YUMMY!!!

What a wonderful thing to share with your son!!!

Enjoy!!!
XOXO
Cathy

honeysuckle said...

The table looks great. The food looks delicious. We all strive to have the perfect table and food but what is important is the people at the table isn't it? Tuck that son memory away so you can relive it again and remember how special he is at another time when you need it. Thanks for sharing that sweet story!

Mary said...

Very nice!

Kathleen said...

Such a cute table..the best was the company..priceless times!

Melissa Miller said...

Verry pretty and perfect for summer!

I forgot about Cobb salad.
Thanks for the reminder.
It's delish. :)

Liz said...

A perfectly sweet summer table. Cuteness!
~Liz