Friday, July 24, 2009

Where Bloggers Create Party



Well I am so excited about today's "Where Bloggers Create" party. I think this is a wonderful idea and thank you to Karen at My Desert Cottage for coming up with such a fun idea!

I've had my own space for almost a year. I kind of repossessed my kids Bonus Room upstairs since - at the time - neither were living with us any more. When our youngest moved back home he looked at me and said "Mom - there is just waayyyy too much pink in this house now." I had to laugh, because the room is green, just with some pink accents. But I do admit, slowly but surely, my little creative touches are appearing all over the house.

In addition to scrapbooking, which is what lead me down this road to begin with, I've discovered I love mixed media art, I love working with paper, I am looking forward to making some wonderful jewelry, I love antiquing and thrift shopping looking for treasures to make new again. Totally am in love with Vintage, working with vintage fabric, paper, ribbon and lace. I had the extreme pleasure of attending Kim Caldwell's "An Artisitic Affaire Printemp" and am soooo looking forward to attending the Fall event too. I love learning new things!

When I painted the room in January, it came out a little brighter than I expected - but figured all of my stuff would cover it up. Well . . . it didn't, so am planning on repainting it again this fall, to a more subtle apple green. This is just a little too bright, even for me!! But I do have a fun time in here. It makes me GRIN!!!!! It just makes me happy!

Enough words - here is my space. I just love it.


Come on in! Pardon the doggie gates. Since I began all of this,
I get to doing something and lose track of the time,
and the dogs - and BOY! can the two of them get into mischief!!!


I have my sewing machine on one side in this area.
It isn't really "in" my space, but close enough.


Here we are! Is it bright enough for ya? :)

If you turn to the left after you walk in - you'll see my little
sitting area. I love it when my husband brings the laptop up and
plunks down right there and we talk and work together.


To the left of that is the built-in cabinetry I use for storage and such.
My Cricut is over here and just some fun things I love to look at.
I am kind of a visual person - I love having things
out so I can see them. I use lots of glass jars and such
for storage of things.


Love to decorate my file folders!



I think my antique sheet music looks pretty rolled
and tied with pretty ribbon in a pretty container.
Got the container at Home Goods
Deadly store. Just deadly!


Some antique ledger paper and vintage wrapping paper.
I always find myself hoarding the good stuff!
I need to get over that!


Go ahead! Have a seat! In front of you is a
little end table I use as a coffee table.


.

I've placed some of my favorite things on top of it.


The silver thimbles were my Mom's.



Some of the fun things I've collected over my lifetime
on the shelves above the loveseat.


So further into the room . . .
what's in the armoire? FABRIC!!! Lots of it!!






Like I said - it started out as just scrapbooking . . .


And then EXPLODED! (who knew?)
I love my vintage and antique bottles, and buttons and pearls.


OK, I know this table is goofy looking.
It used to be our coffee table, until I took the
legs off and put counter height ones on.
I was supposed to paint them white,
but . . . who has the time?
I'd rather PLAY!

The work table is a real mess right now.
You caught me packing up for vacation next week.
The pink containers are stamps I will take along.
(we have a motorhome)


My new tote that I'm packing too! LOVE IT!!!


These are two little stands I found to keep my favorite rubber stamps in.


Found this quilt coverlet in a local antique store
and decided to use it for a valance.


Love pink! Love toile! I'm happy!



The Amish dolls were my Moms.

I surround myself with things I love and treasure.



Sometimes, I luck out on Ebay! I found these vintage charms . . .


I found these old drawers at the thrift store,
scrubbed and painted them and now just LOVE them.
I need to make a new sign . . .
My inspiration board. LOTS of sentimental things are on this.

Ribbons and lace - bits and pieces - vintage and new/used.

A little bit of my bling I've collected. I'll find something to use it on.
I have another bag of it under the table. :)


Inspiration at a glance! My kids!



On around . . .

This is pretty much where I stand. Occasionally I sit.
The tables are all at counter height, because
I just am not comfortable sitting and working.
I know - weird.

My little mobile we made at An Artistic Affaire.
Phoo phoo and now sentimentle -
I love it.

Finally, my computer is right in the next room, with a nice view!
Here is where I actually BLOG! LOL

Thank you everyone for joining me on my little
tour of my creative space. I can't wait to meet you
and see your special little places in the world!
And again - thanks to Karen for hosting this great event!

And that is my quick (HA!) condensed version (LOL)
of my creative space.
HUGS!
[signature-1.gif]

63 comments:

Lisa said...

Now there's an idea! Taking over the kid's playroom. I love your space and all your little treasures. I know you have had some fun, creative times in there!

Terri said...

Super terrific spaces to do what ever your hearts desire. Loving the green walls too!

fiberdoodles said...

What a wonderful place to create!

Sharon

Jodie LeJeune said...

Wow Karen, I stayed up until almost 3am to see your magical space and I promise I'm not regretting my lack of sleep! It's beautiful and I love the colors...I wouldn't repaint it! It makes me grin too, happily!!! All of your little details are beautiful and I love all of your personal touches. I can't pick a favorite...I love it all!!!! It's everything I imagined it to be and MORE!
And what's with the boys...there's nothing wrong with a little bit of pink! ;)
I loved my visit...but I ALWAYS love coming to your beautiful home!!!
Have a fun (& safe) trip and I hope you get to create your heart out that Coach!!!!
everything vintage

Theresa said...

Karen, I want this room!!!!! I couldn't wait to see it all. If there is a prize to be won-You Won! Love to all and have a blessed day! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous space!

Joyce said...

Wow, you are so creative...it looks like a fun space!

A Hint of Home said...

Hi Karen,
What a great bright, cheery place to go and create in. You have great storage and supplies.
A place all your own, who can beat that.

Cathy said...

Wow!!! What a beautiful space to create!!! I am in love with the green!!! Next to orange I love this color green!!! Everything looks good with it!!!

I love all of your accessories...they are useful and beautiful!!! I think I would have a hard time working in this area...I would just want to sit and enjoy the gorgeous space!!!

This space is stunning...wonderful job!!!

Enjoy!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Jennifer said...

Beautiful. I sent your blog to my friend, she will fall in love with your space too. Thank you for your generosity in sharing both your time and your space with us. *hug*

Lori said...

Wow--just WOW! We are sisters at heart girl! I love green and pink together and as I read your profile, I thought: Geez, that's me! Anyway, I need to know where you got those jars that hold your ribbon? LOVE them! I also saw the item that holds glitter, beads, (?) It's made of wire and turns I think---just love it! I LOVE everything about your space! Thanks for sharing. You have inspired me!

Nina Diane said...

I love your space.......looks great. I still have so much work to do in my craft room. I only set it up less than a year ago

Dawn said...

I tried to take over our little sun room for my craft space but hubby and the kids just aren't cooperating. You did a great job. It is really beautiful, bright green paint and all!
Dawn

zandra said...

Wow! So glad you joined the party so I could find you! Great Space! Thanks, for sharing! Hugz, Z

Brenda said...

I love your containers! All so fun and creative. Lots and lots of true eye candy here, Karen! Now I can visualize you in your beautifully inspiring space!
Brenda

Gypsy Mermaid said...

Hey chickadee!
Love your space!! it is for sure bright but oh so pretty!
Big mermaid hugs!
toodles-
Sarah

Debra said...

Hoe bright and cute! Love your room and how you display all your "stuff"! Wow the most creative collections from the most creative people! Love it!

Mieke said...

WOW can't believe my eyes Karen. It's like you have your own little store inside your house. And every inch of it looks so lovely. It's so much more then a creative room, a 'boudoir' maybe...

Anonymous said...

I love the green! Don't change it, it is perfect for an art studio!!!!! I have that same craft tote, aren't they adorable? Thanks for sharing.

www.queenmarcyoriginals.typepad.com

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Love, love, love it! Great color, great use of space and I love your ideas for storage. Thanks for sharing.
Stop by and visit when you can!
Donna

Shellmo said...

You have a master control center there! Or are you an air traffic controller from that room??? LOL! I love it! And I've always loved the color combo of pink and green together! (Scout's leash and some of her stuffed toys are a mixture of pink and green!) Your built in cabinets are nice too. Did I tell ya I'm coming over? Yep, I am. I think I am going to make something in that room - I don't know what - wish I knew how to scrapbook! LOL!

P.S. Which Ginger's blog are you talking about? I visit 2 Gingers so wasn't sure which one. I'll visit both!!

Sonia ~ Vintage Rose Designs said...

Karen you room is just beautiful. Thank you for showing all the details. And love how you utilize old jars and pretty containers for storage. Boy I have so been enjoying all the studios and neat ideas.
Have a great weekend!!
Sonia

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi Karen! I just love pink and green together!!! Such wonderful goodies you've collected to surround yourself with inspiration ~ I love your paper storage too!! What a cheerful creative space Karen, thank you so much for visiting me ~ xxoo, Dawn

Sophee-a Laroo Bijoux and Sheri too said...

What a terrific space and the green walls!!!!
My daughters walls are that same color but she did not add pink and black~I love it.
Yes you can lose track of time...creating and blogging too :)

Lynn Stevens said...

what a yummy place you have and your green walls look so fresh especially with the pink. beautiful and inspiring
Lynn-trashtotreasureart

Claudia said...

What a wonderful space and a great re-use of the playroom! You've created a wonderful creative retreat!

Ginger said...

You know I love your house, and your "space" is so beautiful with the colors that you use.
My slow dial up won't load all the pictures, darn.

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

I love your green room!! Bright, happy...just the perfect place to be creative! Love all the jars that you store your ribbons and such in also!! Great space!Thanks for taking the time to share with us!

Sheila R said...

What a bright and cheery studio just filled with inspiration. Thanks for sharing your creative spot!

Kara Ward said...

Love the GREEN with the PINK and the cabinets are to die for! Terrific space!!!

Christine Edwards said...

Karen, OMG, your space is amazing and very inspiring! I love all of the little details and touches that surround you. I too am a Home Goods junkie, most of my B&W damask print items came from there. :-) Hope you enjoy your trip to So Dakota (Mt. Rushmore?) and make some good scores at the antique shops along the way. Thanks for sharing everything.

Cindy said...

Hi Karen,
Oh, I'm late! Oh, I'm jealous! This is the perfect crafting, sitting, blogging room one could ever have! I love the pink and green , all the fabulous cupboards and nook and crannies you have created! I also love all the feminine touches! I think when you raise two sons, you deserve to have a little or a lottle (not a word) pink! I want a feminine room too you have inspired me! Hugs and are you leaving soon on your trip? Cindy

Karen- The Graphics Fairy said...

Hi Karen,
What a wonderful space you have! I think the green walls are quite fun actually!! I enjoyed looking at all of your pretty things. That mobile you made is amazing, what a fun project that must have been!
Thanks for the tour of your lovely space.
Karen

Natasha said...

I LOVE your studio! That narrow passageway that you use as your sewing area is my favorite part... Too cute! What a beautifully creative space you live in! It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance at this lovely event; please do stop by for a visit soon!

Enjoy the party!

Warm Wishes,

Natasha
www.lifeafterdarkjewelry.blogspot.com

Judy @ In His Grip said...

I really like the colors you chose for your space. That table with what I think is gian buttons around the edge is sooooooo cute. Come on by and visit my studio at:

http://judysturman.typepad.com/in_his_grip/2009/01/stitches-by-sturman-studio-makeover.html

I am lovin' this party!!!!!

Michelle (Shell) May said...

Karen your space is wonderful! I'm totally droooling over the containers you have your ribbons and lace in! They would look perfect in my house!
Thanks for a great tour!
bunny hugs,
shell

Karen Valentine said...

Karen I think that room is perfectly fabulous. It's so cheery! I think that green is great! There are so many wonderful details to look at, you must just spend hours in there with a grin on your face! Thank you so much for coming to my party. You've really helped make it a success!

Karen
My Desert Cottage

Jayne said...

Hi! I actually love your "green" color choice. It looks cheerful and pretty! You have so many neat storage ideas; I'll come back and tour more leisurely one day soon!

Have a lovely day,
Jayne at mysongwithin

Cathy said...

What a great room! I just love the green walls and how you did the table skirts. Beautiful!

Cathy ♥

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

I love pink and green together!
When my oldest moved out, I painted his old room PINK for my studio area! And hung a pink chandelier where the "sports light" had been!
I didn't get my studio photographed for this event, but I am having a giveaway on my blog this weekend for "Christmas in July". Stop by if you like PINK! :)
~Becca~

Paradise Blog Design said...

Love the colors you have used to decorate your space!

icandy... said...

Oh, Karen... such a lovely creative space you have! Thank you for letting us all take a peek!
Hugs,
Christina :)

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Oh so pretty creative space! (Thank you so much for sharing and please come visit me, too!)

icandy... said...

Eeeekkkk! You are sooo observant! :) I love it! That is too funny, the stand is actually a display rack for my art fairs, it holds all of those tiny creations of mine that hang! You know, you make a very valid point... while not in use at the fairs... why not decorate it??? I will have to do that! I need to find a special spot for it and use it everyday! You've inspired me! :)

HUGS to you!!!
Christina! xx

Caleen said...

A great space to create in.. Love the green and pink and black color combination. It is a fun place with lots of fun things. Lots of great treasures.. Thank you for sharing. Keep Creating!

Denise said...

I love the color of the wall...not too bright at all.
Thanks for sharing your space with all of us!
Dancingly, Denise
www.dancinglydenise.typepad.com

A Fanciful Life said...

OMG - so much to see! I love the built in cabinets, the decorated file folders, rolls of paper... you are one lucky lady! It's all very happy. I am coveting your Kim Caldwell supply tote - it's beautiful.
Sharon :-)

Gypsy Flea Market said...

Good morning Karen ... I'm STILL partying!!

Your room is wonderful!! SO bright, happy, and cheerful.

I could totally lose myself and spend HOURS {days!} here ... I bet you do!

Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by my little corner as well.

Wishing you a creative day,
Jill
xo

Jane said...

Wow, what a space. I loved everything about it, including the color! You look very organized. Thanks for sharing.

June said...

I bet this room is a delight to create in. I just love the colors you have in here.
Smiles,
June

fairychildheirlooms said...

Hi Karen, wonderful room! I love how much space you have for doing your creating
:) Missy

Rebecca said...

Hello Karen
Thank you so much for stopping by and your kind comments, it was so nice to meet you.
Your studio is wonderful, so nice and roomy -- I love all the jars full of treasures and that metal shelf is to die for.
Blessings to you
Rebecca

debi @ life in my studio said...

Love the way your pink and black pop against the green walls! And your room is filled with so many things to inspire creativity. Thanks for sharing!

Miss Sandy said...

You are a woman after my own heart, I like my file folders decorated too! I love the apple green wall with pops of pink and crisp white. Your play space is just fantastic, thanks for sharing!

grammy said...

That is amazing. You have to create with a beautiful space like that (o: Have fun and show us some of the things you make.

Ginger said...

Hi Karen:
I came to the library to use the computer and now I can finish looking at your pictures. Your "space" is great. What fun to look at everything.

paperbird said...

You have a wonderful creative space. So tidy and organized. Your supplies and treasures are amazing. A girl could have loads of fun in your creative space. Thank you for letting me peek.

paintinpatti said...

I like the green room! It is bright, but it sure is HAPPY! You have a fabulous decorating sense - Your home is BEAUTIFUL! Have fun on your vacation!

Elyse said...

hi karen,

you are such a positive cutie and it that just shines right through your happy green studio! i love it!

xo

Molly Alexander said...

I love the green! And the table skirts! And the sitting area! And the storage! And...well I love your studio! Thank you so much for sharing your workspace with us!

:-) Molly

Liberty said...

Better late than never..I missed a few blog with their creative spaces! How could I. Your space really is beautiful and bright! Love your mobile, it inspires me to make one for my room. Thanks for letting us in..
Blessings,
Linda

Laura said...

Wow! What an amazing space to work in! Beautiful color choices and fabulous stash of treasures and creative materials!!
Thanks for sharing!
Laura

Little Lovables said...

wow, that is an amazing room! I love those glass urns with the white metal base and top, lovely find

Christine said...

This is the same green color in Alison's room!...lol She has bright orange on two walls and the sonic boom green on two...it actually looks really cool. I love what you did with your scrapbook room...how fun!