Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Home Sweet Home


Ahhhhh. Sigh. We're home.

I'm glad, but I'm sad. There is so much out there in this big, beautiful country that I want to see. And I want to see it all NOW! But, my life awaits. I'm just going to have to be patient and see it a little at a time.

Well the good news is, I LOST 1# while on vacation. The bad news is, my husband asked if the scale was broken. SMACK! Men!

This picture was the first thing I unpacked. Isn't she enchanting?
Don't you wonder what she's thinking about?


Anyhow, backing up . . . today I am digging through all of this



Yup, all that was under the bed in the motorhome. . .

And then I will have to figure out where their new homes are going to be.
(GASP! You see TWO dress forms!!! Nope, one isn't for me.)

I have to put all of this away . . .


and I just need to get organized again in this house.

It is BLAZING hot here today. Perfect time for me to
share a few more of my precious finds with you!


I cannot begin to describe how utterly GORGEOUS
this little teacup and saucer is.

And I literally squealed when I found this old bridesmaid's hat.


And this doilie is just beautiful. See the hat pin in it?
Shhhhhh - don't tell my sister-in-law Christie that
it is part of her Christmas present this year. If you enlarge it,
you'll see it is a pair of hands folded in prayer.

What is it with me and pictures of women?
I bought three on this trip. I just think they speak to me.
I would love to know who she is . . . where she
lived . . . did she have children?
This is a beautiful pencil drawing.



I found this cute little dress form.
Can't you just picture it with some BLING handing on it?


And this cute little picture holder!
As Joy would say, "Too stinkin' cute!"


And finally - who could resist this little bundle of joy?
I just want to gather her up for a big hug.
She looks ALOT like my Mom!


Maybe I should go run around the block and sweat off another pound, then I could brag to Mark I lost 2! (anyone who knows me - knows SWEATING IS NOT AN OPTION!) Gee it's only 103 outside! I cannot think of anything I am less likely to do than sweat! Well . . . except for these DOGGONE HOT FLASHES!!! Will they ever end?

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great evening everyone!!!

xoxoxo
[signature-1.gif]

13 comments:

Brenda said...

I'm beginning to think they never end. And I'm on HRT! Only a few here and there. I'll stand at the door where I can feel the air while Carpenter Robert is working. And he'll ask why I'm doing that (standing half in and half outside). Hello! I'm a menopausal woman, I'll say. Need I say more? Men gulp and look the other way. So glad you're home and safe, and have all these new pretties to put away!
Brenda

blushing rose said...

Looks like you really found some wonderful treasures. I particularly love the art. Don't you love traveling ... antiquing is such fun as you meander down the way. TTFN ~Marydon

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Welcome home Karen!
You found some lovely goodies my friend! The dress forms are so awesome and all the other goodies. Now, I am amazed you lost weight on vacation! How often does that happen! Way to go girl! And for those nasty hot flashes, who knows when they end, they haven't for me yet, and I have a low dose patch. Oh well, the things we women have to go through. Glad your safely home, hugs, Cindy

Theresa said...

What a lovely bunch of goodies you have from your trip! Happy you made it home safely! Enjoy sleeping in your own bed! Hugs from Georgia!

Dawn said...

Ah the thrill of the hunt and the dread of finding a place to stash it until you decided where it will really go.

Your little hanging half dress form is very similar to the one I used to showcase a vintage apron. It you haven't sen it you can find it in my vintage thingies posts in the labels.

If you're like me you need a vactation from vacation now!
Dawn

grammy said...

You really had an early Christmas. I lost 1 pond on vacation too. I had Monta Zumas revenge the last three days, but I was glad to not come home 5 to 10 pounds heaver (o:

Joyce said...

Wow, you really loaded up on some goodies while on holiday!

I hear you on the hot flashes...just when I think they are no more they reappear. Yuk!

Have fun finding a home for all your new treasures.

Lisa said...

Glad you're home safe and sound! You found some amazing treasures you lucky girl you!

Chari said...

Hi Karen...

My friend, it looks like you had a wonderful trip and a fabulous time!!! You sure found some "goodies" to bring home! I just adore that gorgeous little teacup and saucer...soooo pretty! And I love all of your ladies...they are so pretty...I can see why you just had to have them! The pencil drawing really looks like my oldest daughter when she was a bit younger! Love all of your treasures!!! Can't wait for you to completely unpack and show us everything!!! UGH...don't you hate the unpacking part after a trip? I sure do!

Well my friend, I just wanted to stop by to say thank you for coming by and leaving me such a sweet note on my "Celebration Giveaway" post...sure meant alot to me! Also, just wanted to take this time to thank you for following Happy To Design...it's been such a pleasure getting to know you, my friend!!! Ohhh yes...wishing you the best with my book giveaway!!!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Chari

Connie said...

Hey girl...welcome home! You found some really neat things while you were away. I really like the tea cup too.

We've gotta get together again soon! Love ya, Connie

Ginger said...

Hi Karen:
So glad all of you made it home safely. You sure found some neat things. I love the teacup, it's gorgeous. That is a neat pencil drawing too.
As for hot flashes, they eventually go away. Mike told me one time when I was complaining about them, if I lost weight I wouldn't be so hot. MEN!! He slept with the dog for awhile. lol.
We are cooling down here, only in hte low 80's and so nice and cool at night. Heading into a great time of year here.

diana said...

you found some wonderful treasures. i like the pictures of the women, too. i've always loved old pictures. you can't help but wonder who they are and what their story is.

welcome home!

Jodie LeJeune said...

Oh my goodness girlie...do I have a alot of catching up here to do!
However I didn't know that when I'd come to visit, I'd be so darn jealous of all of your new finds! If you just wait a little bit on saving everything, I'd be more than happy to come and take some off your hands! haha
So when is the next vacation? and where? It never hurts to start thinking ahead!!!!
everything vintage
ps...miss you!