Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Artisitic Affaire L'Automne

Sigh. It's over. My fabulous weekend at Artistic Affaire L'Automne. I can't believe it is already passed.
My gosh we had an AWESOME time!
But - my first admission - I had a pre-senior moment and I forgot my camera in the car on the night of the Vendor "Market Soire".  I know - I know . . .
But I remembered it the next day. But it would've been helpful if I wasn't so caught up in everything that I forgot to take it out and take pictures of the entire day. Ya know - I just get so INTO it!!
Anyway -  here is what I do have!


Up the stairs she leads you with gorgeous fall displays . . .



"Croissant? There is coffee, tea and juice in the next room . . . "


The room was so full when I got up there that I took a picture of the only empty table I could find.


Kim had her vintage dress form decked out in gorgeous fall colors.




At each of our place settings was this . . .


A wonderful journal from Kim


This goodie bag was hanging from our chairs.


And filled with wonderful treasures from all the vendors.

This photo of the contents was taken by Bryanna of Polka Dot Parliament.
Thanks for sharing Bryanna - I totally forgot to take this shot
of all the wonderful sweet things in our goodies bag!

Our wonderful Hostess Kim Caldwell, explaining all the wonderful things in store for us this day.





I loved this craft. It is a foam board frame, inset with a vintage ceiling tile (can you see it?)
decoupaged and embellished.

EVERYONE loved this craft. We had the best time!
Do you see the little dragon fly?





Can you see the tiny little snail? Bottom of the lace on the right.



Next was my favorite of the three classes. Ruth Rae! OH MY GOSH!
What an awesome and talented woman.
She has co-authored one book with Kelly Snelling called A Charming Exchange.


Her latest publication Layered, Tattered and Stitched
is due to release in November and I CAN'T WAIT!!!


So on to her class . . . it was a fabric cuff!
Each of us were given a cigar box full of materials.
Ruth was extremely generous with her supplies and there truly is enough
here to make several cuffs.



She gave us plain muslin and we got to use her wonderful selection of
rubber stamps to put whatever we wanted on it.
This is the base fabric of the cuff, and you layer it all from there.



Here is mine. It isn't done yet. I will finish it today.


We had been working for over 11 hours by now, with many
wonderful breaks and treats, swaps and FABULOUS meals in between,
but by the 8:00, my eyes were tired and my back hurt and I was ready to call it a day.

See the rubber stamping on the ruffle? Then the button on the left . . .


and the elastic on the right are what holds it on.


This will be the back. I still have to stitch this fabric on. . .








I used some old vintage lace I had and a vintage button
and crown pin I had brought along . . . I love it!


Here are some the gals from Table 5 comparing projects and catching up!
That is Joy and Kim in the middle. What a fun day!

Next. A swap!
Masquerade Mask Swap - it was supposed to be an elegant fall mask that
a "Lady" of the time would wear to a Masquerade Ball. I'm just tickled that
I can use it to answer the door this Halloween!
Here was the one I made . . .




and here is the one I received. Very fun!!!





And finally - here we all are!

 Joy & I, very middle, last row.
What a fabulous day. Sigh.

Next class? SAVANNAH!!!! But that isn't until April ... more on that later!

Thanks for letting me share my special day!

[signature-1.gif]

17 comments:

Shelley said...

Looks like so much fun and you got some great goodies! Your cuff is turning out beautiful!

Cathy said...

Wow!!! What a wonderful event!!! Looks like you all had a wonderful time!!! Lucky girl;)!!!

Enjoy!!!
XOXO
Cathy

my cup of tea said...

How wonderful! The masks were beautiful! I wish we had something like that here! Thanks for sharing this special event with us!
Donna

Dawn said...

Oh my gosh what fun! The mask you made was so beautiful. Love the idea of a masquarade(sp?) ball rather than a party with scary costumes. Wheels are turning now...
Dawn

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hey Karen,
Looks like you had a wonderful week-end!! I love the masks and that vintage tile decorated is just so unique! I like your vintage cuff you made, do you have plans for it? How neat to have something like this to go, I would love it! I am subbing this week for Middle School age kids, OMG, can they be annoying! hehe. Hugs, Cindy

Bryannalenan@yahoo.com said...

It was a great day and I can't wait for Savannah!!

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness! What fun! So glad you got to go!

Stephenie said...

Looks like so much fun.. Everything looked so pretty.. What a wonderful event.. Love the cuff..
STephenie

Mieke said...

Wow, looks like a fairy tale to me !

Theresa said...

Oh i wish I had been there, looks like loads of fun. I loved you mask that you made and the one you received. Have a blessed day!!!

Zuzu said...

OhMyGosh, Karen! It is all so very, very pretty! Lucky you, and lucky us for getting to see and hear about it all!

Enjoy your day!!!
Zuzu

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

oh wow!! SO much fun your girls had!! I loved seeing all the pictures. Kim really knows how to make a girl feel special... xoxo Heather

Barb~Bella Vista said...

Karen, it all looks wonderful! So glad you had a nice time.

Barb ♥

Ginger said...

Hi Karen:
It looks like such a fun weekend. You are pretty darn creative. Love your mask,that you made.

Brenda said...

What fun this looks like! Love the cuff. Never seen anything like that before, but sure is cute! Must have been true inspiration to be around such creative ladies!
Brenda

Sarah said...

What a fun event. Thanks for sharing the details. Happy Fall to you. ~ Sarah

diana said...

pretty... pretty... pretty

but that dress form is absolutely gorgeous.