Friday, September 4, 2009

A New Button and an Old Anniversary

Well, my new button for the mini-series "Doors of Welcome" is ready! Thank you Amber from Shabbee Chick Designs! If you would like to grab it and post it on your blog to spread the word - that'd be awesome. We have so many delightful blogs that have already signed up! I'm so excited!

On Saturday we are driving down to La Jolla to attend my nephew's wedding. It should be a gorgeous day! Then on Sunday, Mark and I are celebrating our 29th wedding anniversary. WOW! 29 years! We will stop by his folks house in San Juan Capistrano on our way home and it'll be a sentimental day for me because that is where we got married. In their back yard overlooking the glorious Pacific Ocean. It was a great day.

I'm posting a few pictures of our special day. You will notice there are no formal ones of the bride and groom. Gee - do you think if the photographer had remembered to put film in his camera, it would've turned out differently? Don't even get me started . . . nothing we could do about it. So we relied on whoever had a camera and was clicking away. But we have professional pictures of before the wedding, the ceremony, our wedding party, and of us cutting the cake. (nothing of my dress :(  )  So it isn't too bad. Enjoy!

Our wedding picture. HA!

"Please be nice to me, please be nice to me . . . "


My Guy with Marriage Certificate in hand!! WHOO HOOOO!!!!


Have a great long weekend everyone! Be safe!


[signature-1.gif]

15 comments:

common ground said...

Great wedding photos. I just love looking at peoples wedding pics. Can't believe that your photographer didn't load his film!
Thank goodness others helped you out! Happy Anniversary, and have a great trip.
Debra

Nina Diane said...

Happy Anniversary! I have just one up on ya....30 years married this past May. And also like you, I have very few pics because of agreeing to let someone not so nice do our photos, yeah, let's just say revenge!

Mieke said...

You looked stunning, no photographer could do better.

Connie said...

Congratulations on 29 years! Both Mark and Dwight had mustaches when we got married. How fun to look back. I'll be thinking of you this weekend at Steve's wedding...hope all goes well.

Love you,
Connie

Brenda said...

Thank goodness he didn't stuff that cake in your mouth. I've seen that done too many times, and I just wanna get up and slap the groom's hand! Congratulations on this milestone. Sadly, I have not been able to do the same. Married three times. This one has lasted the longest: 12 years. Don't know that I was much cut out for "wife" material. But here I am, still "wifing" away. Three strikes and honey, I'm out. Grabbing your button...
Brenda

Karen said...

Awh, what dear pictures. You look so lovely.
I hope you have a very Happy Anniversary!

Ginger said...

Happy Anniversary, Karen and Mark!!
I hope you have a great weekend.
I bet you were pissed when you found out the photographer didn't have film in the camera.
I am going to see if I can take your button and post it on my blog.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Happy Anniversary -- aren't you both so cute! We're coming up on 34 years this November -- Wow! Where have the years gone?!?!?!?!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you!!! Karen, you look so cute and I bet the scenery overlooking the Pacific ocean was fantastic! How neat to be attending a wedding on your anniversary, I hope your day is awesome! Have a great week-end my friend, Hugs, Cindy

Barb~Bella Vista said...

Hi Karen, happy anniversary!!!! Your pictures are wonderful.

Looks like you are already getting a great turnout on the Doors of Welcome. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs, Barb :-)

Jodie LeJeune said...

Oh my little friend, how could I miss this post???? I'm a little slow girl, sorry!!!
Let me start off by congratulating you on reaching such a wonderful milestone!!! Just think...next year, the big 3-0!!!!
What a wonderful weekend to spend your anniversary...watching a young couple start their life together and then reminiscining about your wedding day!
I hope you have a wonderful time and a wonderful trip! I'm so glad it fell on the long holiday weekend!!! Yay! More time to celebrate!!!
Tell us all about it when you return!!! Oh..no. Maybe not ALL of the details ;)
Have fun girl!!!
everything vintage

Elyse said...

aw, these are so fun to see! happy happy anniversary to you! i have some remorse about my wedding, just let it go... :)

have a safe and happy labor day weekend!

xo
elyse

Theresa said...

Beautiful bride and groom! Time flies right by. Love weddings and pictures! Happy Anniversary Friend!

Rettabug said...

How incredibly romantic to have been married outside in San Juan Capistrano overlooking the Pacific Ocean! Then to be fortunate enough to return for your anniversary....I wonder how you'll top this next year when its #30? (for which the traditional gift is Pearls!!) :)

curtissannmatlock said...

Makes me smile. The styles bring back memories, even if my wedding was far longer ago. Celebrate!
All best wishes,
CurtissAnn