Monday, September 7, 2009

A Wedding - California Style (oh, and a surprise!)

On Saturday we shared the day with family and friends as my nephew Steve married the woman of his dreams - Miss Jessica. It was a totally gorgeous day - filled with so many happy memories and a few surprises along the way!

Let me set the stage. 
Small park - overlooking the Pacific Ocean 
La Jolla, CA 5:30 p.m.
(wow! the music from my wedding is perfect . . . )











Jessica cried through the entire ceremony! :)





The new Mr. and Mrs.

Bride and Groom with my sister and her husband.
What a gorgeous setting. Sigh. The weather was perfect.

The reception was at the Museum of Contemporary Art



Absolutely GORGEOUS! Jessica was just a stunning bride!
And the view was breathtaking too. 

Me talking with the kids. I love these kids.

What an awesome, awesome day! I just kept wishing my Mom could've been here . . .

So the next morning we - (the Newlyweds went on a Harbor Cruise brunch with all of her family from out-of-state) my sister's family and mine all go out to brunch at a cute little cafe down the street from our hotel. We are sitting there having a wonderful time when I looked over at my niece Heather who was sitting on my left talking to her sister Staci.



Heather on the left (oldest), Staci on the right (married - 2 years now).
It went from this . . .


To this in the blink of an eye! Miss Heather, just bawling her eyes out!
Miss Heather just found out she is going to be an Auntie!!!

There goes the make-up! We all started to cry! AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!


The new parents-to-be, taken at the wedding.
Congratulations Andy and Staci!!!

My sister and her husband, the new grandparents-to-be. 
Congratulations JoAnne and Doug. YAY!
What a wonderful and fun weekend. I can't think of the last time I had such a wonderful day with family! One surprise after the other. It was awesome.
Thanks for letting me share our special days with you!!!
[signature-1.gif]

20 comments:

Karen said...

Oh my goodness what a beautiful wedding! The couple is precious. It looks like you and your family had a perfect weekend and a baby too. Life is good.
Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Karen

blushing rose said...

Isn't life so full of wonderful events ... congrats to everyone.
Have a lovely week. TTFN ~ Marydon

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What a wonderful weekend filled with life changing events! Blessings abound!

blushing rose said...

Oh, this is wonderful that you enjoyed My Prayer ... I missed your anniversary, sorry, but hope it was one of love & blessings.
Have a lovely week. TTFN ~Marydon

tales from an oc cottage said...

Oh that picture of the mommy-to-be & auntie-to-be is just adorable! Any day now I will be a great auntie...yikes! How time flies! What a memorable day for you!

m ^..^

Calming Scents said...

that is so beautiful, i can see why she was crying. Those moments are so what we live for huh?

Theresa said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend, a gorgeous wedding, breathtaking views, time with family and the announcement of a baby too! MY MY, can't get much better than that! Glad you had great family time and you know what... your Mama was there with you in your heart! Love you, Theresa

Brenda said...

Oh, isn't it something how fast women's emotions can change! What sweet photos of the bride and groom. Those of the two with one crying just stole my heart though. Made me want to say to the one crying: "Honey, you think you're swinging in the wind now. Wait until MENOPAUSE and your moods will shift like crazy!"
Brenda

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

I lived in San Diego for many years and was a beach bum at LaJolla throughout my teen years. It is stunning scenery. The wedding looked awesome, and congrats to the new parents to be. Hugs, Marty

Lisa said...

Oh, I LOVE weddings! And happy tears! Looks like you had plenty of both.:) Congrats! Congrats! To everybody!

Ginger said...

La Jolla is such a beautiful place. Perfect for a wedding. Glad you had such a good time with family and friends. A baby in the family...that will be so much fun. Congrats to everyone.

T=ME said...

I don't even know you(in person) and I started to cry. What a beautiful time for you all. Thanks so much for sharing with us. Congrats to you all! Terri

Mieke said...

You have a lovely family, so nice to see all this happiness !

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Karen,
What beautiful pics!! The bride and groom are gorgeous and what a backdrop, the Pacific Ocean! Thanks for sharing, I love weddings and new beginnings! ( congrats on the baby news too) Always so exciting! I am grabbing your button for my blog. Hugs, Cindy

Shelia said...

Hi Karen! Oh, what a lovely wedding and such great news! Congratulations to the new Mr. and Mrs. and the new mommy and daddy to be!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Christine Edwards said...

Wow, what a weekend...happiness all around!

ceekay said...

Thanks for your comment today..what a lovely wedding and such a great family time.
I chuckled at the chin up....I AM trying!! Sometimes, I feel like Moses when he needed help holding his arms up....maybe I need help with that chin sometimes...but mostly I get it...from my blogging friends!!

Kara Ward said...

Oh, how I love a sweet wedding. What a beautiful bride. Kara

Connie said...

I'm so glad it turned out so well and you're going to be a Great Aunt!!! Such a pretty bride and LaJolla beach...can't get much better than that!

Connie

diana said...

what a beautiful location for a wedding. we may have our mountains, which i love, but you have the ocean, which i miss so much.