Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Day of Thanksgiving

I can't believe Thanksgiving is here. The days and months and years are going by sooooo fast!



We celebrated our Thanksgiving last Sunday down at my In-Laws. What a great day. It was just a little hazy over the ocean . . .

Looking S/W. San Clemente Island should be right there. Too hazy.

Can you tell we need rain?

There was a big housing development planned for right next to them,
but they went bankrupt and this is what they left behind.
At least they still kept their view!
This is looking north, toward Laguna.

It really is a GORGEOUS view. Just not right now . . . sorry.
Back towards the house. We got married
right there where the fountain is now.


Here we are all! FIL took the picture. The only thing that
could've made this day more perfect was if my Mom
were in this picture too. She always came with us to my In-Laws.

My MIL decided to roast two smaller turkeys.
Mark did the honors.

Cleaning up. Boy! Everybody just INHALED!


Justin with his two little cousins, Zack and Evan.
They have more fun together!


Brandon and Gramma.


Mark's younger brother Chris and his adorable wife Christie.
If I could've hand-picked a sister-in-law,
I would've chosen Christie. I just ADORE her.
Chris almost dropped the cake when she grabbed him! LOL.
Yes, we were celebrating Chris' birthday this day too.

My MIL found these great Pilgrims at Tuesday Morning.
I WANT THEM!!! TOO CUTE!

It's starting to clear up a little . . . I love this time of day.

Click on the picture and look at all the sailboats!


Tried to get a family shot for our Christmas card
but Chris kept making us crack up.


What a wonderful day. Thank you Lord, for my family and our good health.

My family leaves tonight for Glamis. I'll be home . . . alone . . . want a hint of what I'll be up to?

And this is only HALF of it.   :)


I hope everyone has a happy, peaceful and relaxing Thanksgiving. Be safe. God Bless.

XOXOXO

[signature-1.gif]

24 comments:

Dolly said...

Family gatherings are always the best.
I can't wait till Thanksgiving to see our children and grandbabies!

Where in michigan were you Karen?
I am hoping the snow waits until next week as we have alot of driving to do and I love when the roads are clear and dry! :-)

Hugz, Dolly

P.S. Enjoy your "ME" time

Nina Diane said...

thanks for sharing those pics of your family. I loved seeing them. I have a major cooking marathon getting ready to start this afternoon. I am hosting dinner tomorrow for 12! Then the trees will go up this weekend. I have already decorated everything else

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Have fun decorating! Can't wait to see the pictures out of the boxes -- I'm getting mine from the shed on Friday after the kids leave.

ceekay said...

Your family looks so happy! Looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving day, early!
Have fun with those boxes. Wow, you do have a few!!
Makes me feel better....my hubs always says...get rid of some of this JUNK! But I am standing firm!!

Theresa said...

Oh Karen, what gorgeous pictures. Happy family around a beautiful table. Wonderful views... even with the haze:) Love to all, Happy Thanksgiving. Wish you were closer, you would fit right in with my family:)

Mimi said...

Hi Karen!!!!
Now that is a great looking family you have, wonderful sons!!!! That are funny too!!!!! Your view is amazing!!!! Hazy and all!!!!! I love the view of the ocean, what a sight!!!!I would love to be going to glamis, we have never done the Thanksgiving thing there, we go but not around the Holiday, I have heard it is crazy!!!!!!You will get a lot done with everyone gone, good for you!!!!!!I cannot wait to see it finished!!! I start mine on Friday!!!!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
hugs,
jamie

Brenda @Cozy Little House said...

I bet you're looking forward to some peace and quiet and those boxes! I'm having a peaceful and quiet day myself with the pets. And enjoying it too!
Brenda

Elyse said...

how lovely! i love thanksgiving.

wishing you and your family a healthy, happy and yummy thanksgiving!

xo
elyse

Shelia said...

Hi Karen! What a lovely family you have and so glad you had such a nice time. Those views are beautiful!
I love your laughing photo! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Joyce said...

Your family is so cute. Have fun decorating...I've been cooking all day today and tomorrow will be a repeat but its been fun. My girls are here and my inlaws too and my sister in law and her family are enroute. I love a crowd at Thankgsiving!

Ginger said...

It looks like you were all having so much fun. Great family you have.
I think your family picture is cute.
I hope the guys have fun riding their toys, while you are having some alone time at home.
Happy Thanksgiving.

A Hint of Home said...

Looks like you had a wonderful family time together.
You sure have your work cut out for you with all those tubs to go through. Whew, I'll be thinking about you.

Happy Thanksgiving!

debi said...

Karen, It looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I just love family get togethers...they're the best!

Enjoy your quiet house, and have fun with your home transformation project. Can't wait to see what you do.

Hugs, Debi

Christine said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your sweet family! My dad has been very sick and so I have been pretty consumed with him everyday. We had to put him in a nursing/rehab home. Hard times and it is going to be sad not having him here with us at the house for Thanksgiving. We will all go over and take him dinner and spend the evening with him. Life is changing all around us and now we are the adults...deep sigh. Glad you enjoyed the cookies...I thought they were awesome! Miss you.

Zuzu said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Karen! It looks like you and your family had a wonderful time!

Hmmmmmm. Whatever could be in those boxes? :) Ho-ho-ho, have fun!!!

Zuzu

Manuela@Pleasures of Homemaking said...

Just came by to say "Happy Thanksgiving"!

Manuela

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh Karen,
This is such a lovely post! I just loved seeing the pics of you and your handsome sons and hubby! What a neat home your in-laws have. I loved the view in the last pic, so pretty with the ocean in view. It looks so warm still, we are a bit chilly now, only in the 40's yesterday. No snow yet! And girl, it looks like you have your work cut out for you with those piles of boxes~ Whew! I get tired looking at them. LOL. Thanks for sharing these wonderful family pics, Hugs, Cindy

Bryanna Lenan said...

Happy Thanksgiving! You all look so happy!

Karen said...

Isn't it just fabulous to get together with family? Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Natasha said...

So glad you had a great time with your family for Thanksgiving.
I can't wait to see what is in those boxes!!!!
Best wishes, Natasha.

Mieke said...

You are blessed with a beautiful, happy family. Thank you for sharing.

Connie said...

Looks like a wonderful time was had by your family. I love the photo of you guys...it's great to see all the smiles! You all look so good!

Have a good week! Connie

Joy Campbell said...

Great pics of the family and you Mark and the Boys....Happy decorating, you are way ahead of me...

Hugs

JOy

Pamela said...

What a wonderful family pic! I can't...but can wait till my boys are that old!