Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Dear Friend and a PRIZE!

Hello everyone! How is everyone doing? I have been BURIED in decorating my home for Christmas. But I think I have it just about done. There will always be little things here and there to change or add to. New special treasures you discover and absolutely MUST find a home for. It's very festive here and two of my three guys came home yesterday and were totally delighted in the transformation of our home. I love watching the looks on their faces.

Mieke, these are for you - just a hint . . .








If you recall a few weeks ago I made a whirlwind trip to Phoenix. I met up with all of the Arizona bloggers for a luncheon. There were 2 special reasons for me to make the trip.
     One - to meet Cindy from Applestone Cottage who was in town from Wisconsin.
     Two - to meet CeeKay from Thinkin' of Home.

I had put together a little surprise for CeeKay a few weeks prior to my visit, (at the time - not even knowing about their luncheon.) Well my surprise worked and I think she had a really fun time with it. But after getting to know someone so well, not only through her blog, but through all of her friends that Emailed me with tidbits of information about her, when Marty from A Stroll Through Life invited me to come over for the luncheon and that CeeKay was going to be there - how could I not jump at the chance.
We had a ball. But the time went much too quickly! We've could've talked all day and far into the night!

Anyway, about a week ago, a received a little package in the mail. Very exciting!! Hurriedly I opened it once I saw it was from Miss CeeKay! And inside - a very special little book she made just for me, something so precious, I will treasure it always!! I had sent her different things to make up an altered book journal for herself. Little pieces of paper and ribbons, vintage this and that. Just "stuff" for her to use. And this is what she made for me in return. Wow!














Very fun!   A "D" - for my last name.

And a special little note on the back cover from her.


Needless to say - this special book has earned a very special spot in my room.
(I'd show you- but my studio looks like a tornado hit it right now so . . . another time.)

CeeKay - I just adore you. But I think you know that by now. :)
Thank you for my special gift. I will treasure it always!

Then - yesterday I opened my mailbox again . . . and found . . .


$35 gift card to Cracker Barrel from Barb at Bella Vista.
OH MY GOODNESS! I won her giveaway!!
Thank you! Thank you! SO COOL!!!!
Barb, this is one of my favorite places . . . you just have no idea!
Maybe it is because we don't have them in California.

So needless to say - now that I have a gift certificate to Cracker Barrel . . . CEEKAY!!!! Let's do lunch soon! I drove right past that Cracker Barrel in your town, and . . . hmmmmm . . . there is a Hobby Lobby too . . . oh boy! Sounds like a road trip is planned for sometime soon!!! I think this time I'll bring the truck though, my car has kind of a small trunk . . .

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday and are quickly getting in the Christmas Spirit!!!

XOXOXO

[signature-1.gif]

14 comments:

Mieke said...

Lovely present Ceekay gave you, not only because of it's beauty but also because you can see with how much love it is made.
You know how to make me curious. After all this decorating we get only a few details to see... I want to chant now : 'we want more, we want more,...' ;)

my cup of tea said...

Wow! What a blessing! So nice to know we have friends out there!
~Donna~

ceekay said...

Just let me know when....I can go shopping at CB and HL any time!!

Brenda @Cozy Little House said...

I wish I could get "in the spirit." It's just such gorgeous weather here I want to be outside! I'm usually not this slow to get myself moving in the holiday decorating direction. No one has ever had to shock me into motion when it comes to decorating. That altered book is so precious. I know you will cherish it with love.
Brenda

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh Karen what a super and special gift from Ceekay. She really is such a dear and so thoughtful. I can't wait for you to come back out and use your Cracker Barrel gift card and maybe I can join you and Ceekay for all the fun. Can't wait to see all of your decorations. Hugs, Marty

Theresa said...

Sweet post Karen, beautiful gift from CeeKay too! Love that little book with all those precious pages. Gift cards-Cracker Barrel NICE! I am so thankful to have all of you in my life! Enjoy your Christmas decorations and I hope to get to meet you someday! hmmmm-California-Georgia... oh well, a girl can dream. My husband asked me at dinner last night if I would ever like to meet any of my blogger friends. I said yes and one of those would be YOU! Have a blessed evening!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

OH Karen,
That is just so gorgeous! Ceekay did a fabulous job, what a treasure! Congrats on that Cracker Barrel gift card, you've been on quite the winning streak! Now for the shopping trip, can you guys wait for me? I am trying to get back in January! Well, just a thought! Your the best! Love ya, Cindy

Sandra said...

Hi Karen! What a lovely gift Ceekay sent ya! I love it! And congratulations on winning Barb's giveaway!
Have fun decorating for Christmas. I have boxes and boxes of Christmas decor in my living room. :)
Have a wonderful day.
Sandra

Barb~Bella Vista said...

Hi Karen, the book from Ceekay is lovely!!!!!!!

So glad you received your giftcard. Enjoy it, sweet girl.

Hugs, Barb ♥

Jacqueline said...

Hi Karen, Jacqueline from Washington here. What a lucky girl you are to have met these bloggin' friends and then been on the receiving end of such treasures! I think one of the best things that happened to me this year is learning to blog and the incrediable women I've met. I love the Christmas box, that's a treasure in itself.
Cheers to a bountiful and beautiful Christmas.

Karen said...

I am having SO MANY PROBLEMS with comments. If you have left a comment on any of my posts in the past week, they are not posting. I'm sorry!

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine said...

Oh no! I left a comment a couple days ago..maybe they will just show up one day?

Christine said...

Hey...mine just showed up! =O)