Wednesday, January 13, 2010

All is well!

OMG I was floored by how many Emails and comments I received from everyone out in blogland sending prayers and good wishes for my FIL and my family. THANK YOU! That was awesome!

Surgery was 2 1/2 hours late - but it finally took place and went extremely well. We finally got to see him last night around 8:15 and he looked wonderful. The obvious complaints of pain and so forth but he was doing really well. I have to laugh, the first words out of his mouth were "Now everyone gather around, and listen to me! There is a lesson to be learned here about what we eat and that little monster they call 'saturated fat'." :)  So I think our family is finally going to be one cohesive unit when it comes to diet. We are all finally on the same page. (Namely Chuck is! He has been the biggest battle.) YAY!

And the Ronald Reagan wing of the UCLA Medical Center is one incredible place. I've never been in a facility like that - new, top notch, HUGE and already outgrown and only been open less than 2 years. But what a place!

We got about 29 drops of rain early this morning - I guess it's better than nothing - but we need RAIN!

Tons to do around here, but just wanted to thank everyone and let ya'll know the surgery was very successful. Praise be.

Have a great day!

[signature-1.gif]

23 comments:

A Hint of Home said...

I'm so happy your FIL came through the surgery well.
Having just hit the one year mark since my hubby's open-heart surgery, I understand your concerns.
I pray he will have a full recovery, happy and active life.

Zuzu said...

Yay!!! Very happy news!
Hugs,
Zuzu

Barb~Bella Vista said...

Karen, I am just seeing this and I will certainly continue in prayer.

Take good care of yourself.

Hugs, Barb ♥

Theresa said...

Sounding good, my Friend:) Hope he will continue to improve and keep that attitude. Hey, bloggers are the best and there are a bunch of them. So, it is a huge prayer group! Love to all!

ceekay said...

Such wonderful news. Hope recovery goes smoothly and fast!

Cynthia K. said...

Hi! So glad to hear this wonderful report on your FIL. Thank you, Lord.

Cynthia K. (Beauty and Blessings)

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Karen, what a blessing and answer to prayer. I am so thrilled. I know your family is all walking around on cloud nine. God Bless. Hugs, Marty

Lisa said...

What good news! I know ya'll are so glad it's over!

Joyce said...

Great news Karen...so glad all went well. One of my favorite things about blogging has been the wonderful support found here. Hoping your fil's recovery goes well.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Such wonderful news...it has always been true...You are what you eat"...hopefully his testimony will help others...

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

That's wonderful Karen, I am sure that is such a relief and a load off your shoulders. Hugs, Cindy

my cup of tea said...

So glad to hear that all is going well!
~Blessings~
Donna

debi said...

Karen, I'm so glad to hear that all went well with your father-in-law's surgery. :) I hope he is up and around soon.

29 drops of rain, huh? hehe!

Cozy Little House said...

I'm so happy for you and your family. Good news!
Brenda

Blondie's Journal said...

I am glad to hear your FIL is doing well...makes us all think about what we put into our mouths! ;-)

Now I'll pray for rain for all of you!

xoxo
Janie

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

I'm so glad things went well.

Sue

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

Karen...I am so sorry I haven't stopped by for awhile, and I just read your post regarding your FIL. I am so glad it all turned out well. What a scare it can be. I pray he has a smooth and quick recovery. Hope everything else is going well with you! Hugs and best wishes!

Mimi said...

HI!!!
Great news!!! So happy he is all better!!! And yes, as a patient on elevated cholesterol meds, I need to cut out saturated fat!!!!! And walk or run!!!! Sadly it runs in my family!!!!!
Hugs,
jamie

Nina Diane said...

good, good news!!

Ginger said...

Great news, glad everything went well.
I am still in Las Vegas. We had rain yesterday here too, now the wind is gusting. But the sun is shining and there is no snow on the ground, that makes it perfect.

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Karen, That's great news! I'm so happy for you and your family that eveything went well and your father-in-law is recovering! Thanks for your so sweet comment on my blog today!

Hugs and love,
Julia

Leann said...

So glad to hear the good news!

Leann

Our Back Porch said...

Praise God for sure! I am sooo glad to hear he is doing well, my new friend! Sending hugs your way.

Blessings,
Rebecca

PS Can you tell I'm still snooping around? But I give myself away, because I keep finding posts to comment on. lol