Monday, January 25, 2010

Just a Big Sigh . . .


My refuge.
Where I can escape the trials and tribulations of life.
Where I can just be "me". No worries.

It's clean right now . . . won't be for long.

Right now, I'm just kind of contemplating life.
How quickly it can be taken from us.
How . . . in an instant . . . things could change.

How I am very happy to be me.
How I am thrilled with my life - just the way it is.
I really couldn't ask for more.

Sometimes, when something happens to you,
when your life really does flash before your eyes,
you come to appreciate the little things.
Like picking up the phone to find it's your 24 year old son
just calling to say "Love you Mom."
Couldn't have come at a better time . . .
I needed to hear those words.
My "experience" was this morning . . .
but it's just hitting me now, hours later, how things
really could've turned out quite differently.

I'll say this - my cute little red car worked like
the Energizer Bunny today.
It took a HUGE licking, and kept on ticking -
didn't even miss a beat. Thank you Infiniti!

All is well. I'm going to have a glass of wine
(I know it's only Monday but tonight, I deserve one)
and go play in my playroom.

Love you all! Hugs your kids.
And your folks. And your better half.

Two posts - one day. Wow.
What a difference a day can make.

G'Nite.
[signature-1.gif]

20 comments:

Cottage Cozy said...

I love your refuge...wish I could over to play!

kudos for your son :)

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Hi Karen, Your studio is very cute! Enjoy your glass of wine and relax! Have a great evening! I cuddled my cat already this morning since hubby is still sleeping ;-). I'm always up very early. Have sweet dreams!
xoxo,
Julia

Mimi said...

HI KAREN!!!!
I love your adult play room, gosh with 3 well kind of empty bedrooms, I mean no people in them, I should have one of those!!!!!
Have a nice glass of California vino!!!!
Did I miss something???
I have a feeling I missed a post, were you in a near car accident?????
Glad you and all the ones you love are ok!!!!
Hugs,
jamie

Theresa said...

Girl, you know I love that room and WHAT HAPPENED? Yes, I was yelling. Splain yourself with the little red car!!!!! Love you!

Sandy said...

Some days are diamonds is a much better outlook on life than my usual motto of "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug". Feeling more like the bug every day. I think I will go with your thought for today!

Sandy

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

YOur craft room is just wonderful. I am so happy you have this wonderful place to just escape to. Hope all is well. Hugs, Marty

Lisa said...

Sounds like you has one of THOSE days. :) Glad all is well.

stefanie said...

Its gorgeous!!!!!

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

Glad everything is ok

I got bad news yesterday morning. My dear aunt's brother died. He sat up in bed and fell over. They guess a heart attack. Reminded me again how quickly things can change. And how to live while we are living!

Dawn said...

Yes things can change quickly. I'm glad you are okay and your little red car kept you safe.
Just breath!
Dawn

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

I love the room and the attitude, but I got a chill at what wasn't said. I'm glad things turned out well.

Sue

Lisa said...

Oh the things I could do if I had a room like that! I love it!

Ginger said...

Now you have us wondering what happened? I am with Mimi, was it a car accident or near accident?
You are a lucky gal to have such a beautiful home and family. Not to mention those darling dogs, and your motorhome. Okay, I want you to adopt me. lol
When I was your age, I never though much about life and how short it is, now that I am getting older, I know I don't have that much time left and it's scary.

tales from an oc cottage said...

I want to escape there too!!!!!


m ^..^

Mimi said...

HI Karen!!!!
Is it raining over there yet???
That means it is on our way!!!!
Yes, Miss Camdyn wanted to snowboard so bad!!!haha I think she thought it was a sled!!!!
Here is my e-mail address:jamiegibbs@hotmail.com
I hope to be in Southern Calif for Valentines week-end, my neighbor's baby is being Babtized in Laguna Beach and we have been invited!!!!I have to get with her on Hotel and all, but it looks amazing, her sister works at the resort, so it will be a family discount, so it makes me really wanting to go!!!!!
Hope you're having a great week so far!!!!
I did some crafts tonight, made L-O-V-E for my son's girlfriend for Valentine's Day and framed 3 pics of them!!!!!I need that adult play room real bad!!!!!
Maybe a to do for 2010!!!!
hugs,
jamie

zandra said...

Glad you're ok? Love your escape room! Bigz Hugz your way, Z

karenskraftymoments said...

Karen,
Glad that you are okay, I am assuming you were in a car accident?? Love your refuge...
Take care.........Karen

Manuela@TPOH said...

Sounds like you had a near miss! Glad you are o.k.!

Your studio is really a wonder. Just beautiful!

Manuela

Liz Schaffner said...

Karen I love your refuge!!
If I bring a bottle of wine can I come & play with you ??? LOL
I don't know if we would create anything but we woudl have fun..isn't that all that matters!?
Hugs,Liz
P.S: thatnks for visiting my blog :-)

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Oh my, sounds like you had a close call! Enjoy the studio, the best part about getting them all cleaned up is messing them up again.