Sunday, January 10, 2010

Whatcha Doin'?


A quiet Sunday morning. Mark is on his way home from Vegas where he has been attending a convention for the past 5 days.

"Whatcha doin'?"

"Playing in my studio."
"New table?"
"Yes, Mark gave it to me for Christmas. I love it!"




"What are you playing with?"
"My grandmother's buttons."


"I love old, old buttons"


"What else ya doin'?"
"Working on my Fat Book Swap Pages . . . "




"And my Valentine Swap . . . I got my partner . . . :)"


"I'm looking for some really special things to "swap" with her."
You know me - anything vintage is just the best.
Well, and pink. But I need to get to know her so I buy
what she likes, not what I like. "


"You never know what I'll find in my printer's typeset tray."


Or at my favorite antique store . . . or Target . . . or a Flea Market (why do they call it that anyway?)

In four days my blog is having it's first birthday. Wow.

But in the meantime . . . prayer requests for my Father-In-Law. He is having a very delicate surgery on a carotid artery in his neck. The radiation treatment he had there several years has really damaged it and it is 90% blocked. The Dr. does not want to do an angioplasty, he wants to go in by hand. Surgery is set for Tues morning at UCLA. Please, please keep him in your prayers.

Thanks everyone. Have a peaceful Sunday.

XOXOXO
[signature-1.gif]

21 comments:

Nina Diane said...

~hugs~ and prayers Karen...
and those are some beautiful buttons

Mieke said...

Seeing your pictures warms me up on this freezing Sunday. Prayers are coming your way.

ceekay said...

Will be praying for your FIL. Nice table!

Theresa said...

Hey my sweet friend! I will be praying for your father-in-law:)

Ask Mark if I can have the same as he gave you for Christmas, Please please? :)

I did the watermark the last couple of days which I learned from Jodie! I love it but... unless I do an extra step, the picture doesn't show up in the sidebar. I figured out how to force it but it is one extra step! I am gonna play with it some more!

Enjoy your Sunday dear friend:)

Hugs!!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Karen, your studio is just gorgeous and I LOVE your new table. I will keep your FIL in prayer. God Bless. Hugs, Marty

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hey Girl,
I will keep your FIL in my prayers, that sounds pretty scary! Your table is so awesome, what a great gift! Can't wait to see all the goodies your are working on too. We are waiting for the Packer/Cardinal game to start! My hubby actually gets nervous, like he is going out to play himself. What's cool is my son and Dil are going to the game today and rooting for the Packers of course! Hugs, Cindy

Lisa said...

I love your new table! It's perfect in your space! I have a printer's tray too, only it's not as pretty as yours. I think I need to paint mine. :)
PS I'll be praying for your FIL!

Oliva said...

Love your table and collection of buttons! Praying for your FIL...

Brenda @Cozy Little House said...

Love your desk! Love your buttons! Do you mean carotid artery?
Brenda

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

I hope things go well for your FIL. I love your studio...and all your great things!

Sue

Karen said...

THANK YOU BRENDA!!!!

Scrappy Jessi said...

hey sweets,
prayers being said.
love your new table
oxoxo,
jessi

Connie said...

Praying for Chuck and the physician that all will go well.

Love you, Connie

Bryanna Lenan said...

Prayers to your FIL... xo Bryanna
(I started JJ's blog...)

Mimi said...

HI!!!
It looks like you have been having fun while he was away!!!
Love that button collection!!!!
Love that new table too!!!
Praying for your Father-in-law, God is good and he hears our Prayers!!!
hugs,
jamie

Ginger said...

Hi Karen,
Was Mark at the CES convention? I am in Vegas now, a little emergency in the family, so I drove down Thurs. morn. after getting out of my sick bed on Wed. Eck...Christmas tree still up, too sick to take it down. I'll go home Wed.
Will say a prayer for your father-in-law, sure hope the surgery is a sucess.

Zuzu said...

Thinking of you all and your Father-In-Law - sending hugs and prayers.
Zuzu

A Fanciful Life said...

Hi Karen,
Wow, nice table you got there. Love the vintage style photos of the buttons and fat book sneak peek. That's going to be a wonderful book - I just finished my pages yesterday (whew!). I especially like the printer's tray with all its little compartments. So great for keeping baubles and all in. Wishing your father in law the best of health.
Hugs,
Sharon :-)

Our Back Porch said...

Oooooh! Ahhhhhh! I want to get to know you too Karen, so I get what you like! Can't wait!

Hugs and Blessings,
Rebecca

diana said...

was mark at the ces show? i used to be involved with those through a job i had.

sounds like you had a fun time.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.