Sunday, February 21, 2010

He Shoots . . . He SCORES!

Seems like just the other day . . . this was how we spent every weekend. Hockey tournaments. Both of our boys played, played well and took us traveling all over the US to their  tournaments.

(Justin - 4th grade)

But not any more - until the other day Justin looks at me and says "Hey Mom, I have a college tournament this weekend in Corona. The Ducks (Anaheim's NHL team) bought the facility and it's supposed to be nice now."

Mark jumped on his Harley and rode down to the first game while I concentrated on getting the baby shower book finished. They beat USC! WHOOO HOOO!!!!!! 2nd game - Mark came home - got rid of the bike and got me and back down we went.

Strange to look across the rink and see MEN playing where my kid should be. 
Where did my little boy go? Justin is #23, blue and yellow hockey pants.

Here we go!

GET IT!!!!!!

Ohhhhhhhh.  Not to be. "Nice save Goalie."

"I'm open!"

Scuffle around the net - pounding ... pounding . . . 

HE SCORES! YAYYYYYYYYYY!!!! :)
(I'm such a Mom!)

"Nice Goal Justin" "Thanks Coach" 

BREAKAWAY!!!  SKATE Justin SKATE!!!

(I'd wave Mom but I'm trying to score here . . . besides, 
you didn't even get the puck in the picture!) LOL.

And the Goalie comes all the way out and poke checks it away.

Oh well! There is a very brief synopsis of my Saturday. We won all three of our games,
USC - 4 to 3, UC Irvine 6 to 1, Saddleback - 5 to 2, this is the college my FIL teaches at! (hehehe)
And Justin scored in all three games. YAY!

Today . . . NASCAR - nearby in Fontana! Hope it doesn't rain!

Thanks for letting me indulge in one of my favorite past times - watching one of my kids play hockey.

Have a great day!!
 [signature-1.gif]

14 comments:

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hi Karen, looks like a fun weekend for you! I love seeing families sharing such wonderful times together... you should have gone there on the Harley though! Jack has a Harley too and I love to ride with him! (When the weather gets warmer, of course!) Wishing you a beautiful Sunday... xoxo Julie Marie

Our Back Porch said...

I remember the day. My boys didn't play hockey but there were other sports and activities that took us all over. We still go to the guys music gigs. They never get to old to be your babies! Glad you had fun!

Hugs and Blessings,
Rebecca

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

OH Karen,
We both spent so much time on the ice too! That Justin is just the handsomest young man! Katie used to love those hockey players! Dang! Congrats on all the winning games too! You have a lot to be proud of! And now your off to Nascar? Have a fun day! See ya soon!
Hugs, Cindy

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

We are always mom...no matter how old they get! I'm glad you had fun.

Jodie LeJeune said...

Hey Proud Momma!
Dang, Justin's soooo handsome!
So is that hockey not played on ice? I see they have rollers on...what's up with that? We really don't have hockey here so I have no clue...I just thought it was always on ice.
Glad you had a good time and you used your camera well! haha
everything vintage

Theresa said...

Don't we love our kids whatever they are doing, whenever they are doing it and however old they are:) Love the pictures and I could hear how proud you are in your voice... errr in your post! We watched the race today and saw the dark clouds. My Marc said it did rain a little. Love you dear friend! Have a blessed week!

Dawn said...

How fun! Great job with the photos. How can you shoot and cheer at the same time? I used to video my brothers and sister in sports. In a college game my brother (a linebacker) picked up a fumble and ran about 45 yards for a touchdown. The video was all sky and me screaming my lungs out.
Hugs,
Dawn

diana said...

how fun... to watch him play. and you got some great pics.

looks like the rain stayed away from the race. hope you had a good time.

Mieke said...

Isn't it great that those 'big boys' still like their mom to come and watch the game !

Joyce said...

You have some great photos here! It looks like fun. I don't think we ever get tired of watching our kids do what they love. Have a nice week!

Ginger said...

How fun!! I remember the days too...only it was baseball with my boys.
I bet you are having great weather, warm and sunny. We are freezing here. More snow.
I just got home from Vegas again.
Housesat for my fur grandkids at my daughter's house while they went to Phoenix for soccer tournaments. I didn't want to come home!!!

Melissa Miller said...

~Wow! Time does fly by that is for sure Karen. This looks fun!

Thanks for coming by and your kind words. It's always nice to hear from you sweet lady. Show us your new island when you get one. I know it will beautiful.

~Blessings, ~Melissa :)

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

Ah yes... I remember the days following my daughters to their respective sport activities! Congrats to your son on the team wins!! Watched Nascar in my jammies with my grandson. Had a touch of a bug. It was raining cats and dogs here! Couldn't figure out how the Fontana Speedway wasn't getting any rain and they are only a few minutes from my home! I guess all the rain clouds were up against the foothills where I'm at. It was weird! Hope you had a great day!

Connie said...

What fun that Justin can once again play a game he loved and that his mom can enjoy it as well! Great photos by the way!!

Missing you...Connie