Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I'm going to do it . . .

Good morning. Well, it seems to better for some than others. I was just running out the door to work when my "boss" :) called to say she has the flu - "Don't come!" UGH! I was just there yesterday - so I'm drinking lots of water today!!!

Anyhow, as you know I just posted about how desperately I wanted to get organized and paint my studio. Well . . . we do have a long weekend coming up, and now unexpectedly I have an extra day . . . and I can't help but ask myself - is this the perfect time? I do believe it may be, because if I don't do it now - it'll be summer and I will ultimately end up on the 5:00 news, (and not in a good way) if I have to wait until then. I received so many wonderful and encouraging E-mails and comments regarding my last post, telling me how to just do what I need to do, prioritize.  So! with all of you guys cheering me on - I'M GOING DO IT!!

Ladies, it's going to be just a little bit pink, and little bit ivory. And I'm going to be so flippin' organized you just aren't going to believe it!!!

I must be a bad girl and share something I'm not supposed to. I got a package in the mail last week, from someone who requests to be nameless . . . but I just have to share just a peek of what she sent me. (Sorry nameless friend! :) But I just love it all!)

I was cracking up when I got this box of goodies. I had to call her right away.
We secretly sent each other goodies without telling each other. 
And when we both saw the box from the post office, 
yes, we used the exact same box . . . 
we both thought our boxes had been returned to us!
Then I realized this was FROM her, not to her! YAY!
How awesome is that? 
I can't tell you anything about any of it, 
cause that might give away who it was from . . . 
and I don't want her mad at me! :)
The cameo is a butterfly!
Too flippin' cute!
Place of honor - right at the front door

So today I'm preparing my Valentines Day post so it is ready to go for Dolly's party at From My Cherry Heart.  Remember we did a Vintage Valentine Swap? You must go visit everyone who participated in it on Sunday. That is the day we are all posting what we gave and what we received! It is going to be a wonderful time. I just got my box in the mail yesterday - and WHOO HOOOOOOO!!!! Good stuff to share! I am THRILLED! Having never done a swap like this before, it was waaaaayyyyyy too much fun! Rebecca was just the most wonderful partner - we have plans for future fun things too! New friends! Isn't it great?

PLUS! Any day now I'll be getting my Vintage Fat Book from Sarah!!! I am soooooo exited to see all the beautiful pages everyone created. Golly - I hope mine was OK. Never done one of those before! I will post pictures!!

I was supposed to participate in a Valentine Home Party somewhere - but I'm so terrible, I forgot which blog! UGH! Brain overload! But hopefully nothing a little pink paint can't cure! :)

Please don't think I'm missing and put out an APB. I just need to get this done - sigh -  and then hopefully my life will appear to be a little more organized.  I know there is no way I'll be able to go the entire time without turning on the computer, but . . . just bear with me while I get this done.


Thanks for understanding!

XOXOXO!!!!
[signature-1.gif]

24 comments:

Jenna said...

OMW! That apothocary jar is to die for! I wonder if I can find this at the favoite Home Goods!
Beautiful setting!

Bryanna Lenan said...

How beautiful the work of your nameless friend... just gorgeous... good luck on your studio... come help me when you are done... hee hee hee!! xo xo Bryanna

Theresa said...

Love it all my friend! You really got a sweet package from your un-named friend:) Get busy in that room and we are happy to see you when you are here. Lot of bloggers are taking little breaks and that is just fine. Hugs to you!

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

Beautiful gifts my friend. Have fun painting....and I can't wait to see your swap. I really want to do one sometime, but I seem to miss them. You will have to let me know if you see another ok??

Shelley said...

Wonderful, beautiful gifts! I can't wait to see how your studio turns out - I know it's going to be Fab - U - Lous!!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Your gifts are just fabulous, someone knows you pretty well. I hope you get the room painted this weekend, it always feels so good to get a paint job behind you and then get organized. I'll be rooting you on from here. Hugs, marty

Cozy Little House said...

Never enough time, always my personal mantra. Cute stuff you got!
Brenda

sissie said...

Great package of goodies.
I hope you get all organized and show it to us when you are done.

I am loving that apothocary jar and your entire Valentine setting.

Sissie

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

Before and after pictures please? You will feel so much better when it is done! It might even be fun.

Sue

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh how sweet! Love the mask!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Go Girl...you'll do it...Love the box of goodies you got...Now go forth and paint ha ha!! Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Jodie LeJeune said...

Are you still full of pink paint? Oh my gosh...I...I think...I think I see some in your hair Karen! And some on your butt! Looks like you are having a blast in your studio ~ I can't wait to see PICTURES!!!

And oh....that "nameless" friend must really really love you to send you some goodies. I hope the CHOCOLATES were delicious! I AM SURE THEY WERE!!!! And in return, how SWEET of you to send her something in return without her knowing...My guess is that is was something GORGEOUS!!!!! ;)

Well girl, fix you a glass of wine and don't forget to take a break and gaze upon your success.

I'll be hoping you don't get the flu in the meantime! yuck!

everything vintage

Amy Arnaz said...

Karen~
I live in a pink world. You'll love it.
xoxo Amy

Dawn said...

What a funny story about your sruprise boxes passing in the mail.

I'm so envious that you HAVE craft room. And now it's going to be pretty and organized! I can't wait till this rain stops and we can get started cleaning out the wash house and working on it.

Thanks for the comment on the music, it's not everyones cup of tea but I can't help myself. Remind me sometime to tell you my concert stories about Chris LeDoux and Garth Brooks (back in the day)!
Hugs,
Dawn

June said...

Karen you crack me up! I love that you showed us the beautiful gift without letting the cat out of the bag. I can hardly wait for the you to show us the fat book. I have got to see these.
happy pink painting!!!
hugs

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Hi Karen, Pink and ivory sounds wonderful to me. Please share pictures of your "new" studio! Your friend has sent you lovely gifts. It's funny that you both had chosen the same box. I love your Valentine's sign in your hall!
xoxo,
Julia

Barb~Bella Vista said...

Hi Karen, happy painting....can't wait to see!!!

Barb ♥

Kara Ward said...

I am drooling over your mask! Simply breathtaking! Oh, and your Valentine Decorations are so cute. Valentine decor is tough to find. They skip it an go straight to Easter. I have missed your lovely blog. Good Luck painting! I am glittering and writing directions on cards that are on their way to QVC London!

Gypsy Mermaid said...

Hey chickadee! hhhhmmm I know who sent those or at least I think I do lol wasnt that sweet of her to send you something! Stop worrying about your pages in the fat book!!! They were beautiful!! I promise :)
big hugs

toodles-
sarah

p.s.
Go get in that room and just do it! You will be soooo happy when you do! believe me I have become the queen of redoing craft rooms since I move everyyear! lol

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Girlfriend,
What a lovely surprise gift! So thoughtful, just like you! I can't wait to see your room all newly painted and I am getting excited to go to AZ. I leave 2 weeks from today. I know several ladies who would like to do lunch. Marty, Linda, Sherry, Jamie and more. I hope you can make it, but no pressure from me. My mind is so scattered right now, I just found out my daughter is pregnant. Yes, and your one of the first to know. I am in a little bit of a freak out right now. Take care and talk to you soon, Cindy

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

LOVE the vignette...it's charming! Good luck w/ the painting...can't wait to see your finished studio.

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

Hi Karen, Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving your lovely comment...I was so happy to hear from you sweetie!! :)
Oh, what beautiful gifts you received from your dear friend. Hope you get your studio painted and organized over the weekend, would love to see pictures when you are finished. Just know it will be gorgeous!! :)
Hugs, Carol Anne

debi said...

Oooooh! Have fun with your pink and ivory makeover....that sounds beautiful! Can't wait to see lots of pics!

Love your sweet gifts! Don't you just love swaps?

zandra said...

I hope you get it all done! I need 2 months to clean my mess! lol Waiting until Valentine's Day to post my fat book. Happy Valentine's Day hope it is great~you gals already made mine great!
Hugz, Z