Thursday, February 11, 2010

My first Fat Book

I had to take a break from painting before I go cross eyed! So I'm going to share with you what my mailman brought me yesterday. Remember I told you I had been asked to participate in a Vintage Valentine Fat Book Swap hosted by the sweetheart Sarah of Gypsy Mermaid Life?  Well! It came! Sigh. It's perfect!
Sarah made the cover herself - as well as a page!
OK, no need for words - you can just enjoy!
(sorry for the background. My studio is torn apart and 
I can't get to my linens OR my fabrics! :( )
See why they call it a fat book?It's about 4" tall!

Look at the yummy vintage velvet Sarah used!!! Sigh!

How cute is this? Inside the front cover . . . 



Front and back by                              
Neriba of NicNacManiac


Front and back by                              
Sharon of A Fanciful Life

                          
Front and back by                               

Front and back by                                 
Sandy of Sew Revived

Front and back by                                                 
ME! (oh! The heart is flipped!)

Front and back by my roommate in Savannah . . .

Front and back by                    
(sorry about the white out)

Front and back by                                

Front and back by our hostess - 

And that my dear friends is my very first Fat Book swap! YAY!

"What's that?" "Now?" Are you dry yet?" sigh. The paint is calling me . . .

Have a good one!

[signature-1.gif]

23 comments:

stefanie said...

That is crazy gorgeous!!! how cute is that!

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

Stunning...I don't think I totally understand how it is done...but I like it!

zandra said...

Glad you couldn't wait to post it! ;o) Just posted mine! Thanks so much for such an amazing book! Just love your work!
Hugz, Z

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Wow Karen,
I am really impressed! It's so beautiful and all the other pages, made by others are gorgeous too! What a neat idea and I love this Bloggy idea. I will need to check it out next time! Hugs, Cindy

debi said...

Oh, what a treasure! So many beautiful pages! I love yours...you did a wonderful job!

Theresa said...

Gorgeous! Love it all. Fat book should be called Beautiful Fat book swap:) Hugs to you and get busy!

sissie said...

I cannot imagine the work that went into making such a lovely piece of art.

Gorgeous.

Sissie

Jodie LeJeune said...

Hey my little fat booking painter girl!!!
You are so funny...I think I heard that room calling you..."come paint me, coooome paaaaint me!"

I just looooove my Valentine fat book...love it to pieces! I just keep running my fingers all over everyone's pages!!!!

Thanks for being a part of it Karen...it's truly a keepsake for me since you are in it!!!!

xoxo~
everything vintage

Elyse said...

wow, karen! how stunningly beautiful!

xo
elyse

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Karen, I love the fat book! Every one of you had done such a fantastic job in creating those beautiful pages! It turned out gorgeous!
xoxo,
Julia

Twyla and Lindsey said...

How perfectly beautiful! A real treasure. Happy Valentine's day! Twyla

Debby said...

Such a gorgeous keepsake. Everyone really made such special pages.
Love it.
debby

Mieke said...

wow, this is amazing, a real artwork created by friends, can't imagine how many hours of work this means but I'm sure all pages are sewed together with love...
We still have cold feet (about 20°F last night) and snow and Winterblues.

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

Oh how fun! An entire book of art...how lucky you are!

Sue

Gypsy Mermaid said...

Hey sweets!!
soo beautiful! I am so glad you were in the swap! your such a doll! Your page was breath taking just like everyone elses!! big hugs

toodles-
sarah

Happy Valentines Day!!!

Bryanna Lenan said...

WOW that is just beautiful! Great job EVERYONE!!

Zuzu said...

Gorgeous!!! So very inspiring to see each one of these! Thank you, Karen!
Hugs,
Zuzu

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh wow Karen, this is just gorgeous. I love it. So pretty and every page is just beautiful. I hope you are coming out soon, I can't wait to see you. So glad Cindy's going to be here and maybe we can all have lunch. Hugs, Marty

sew revived said...

Hi Karen,
Thanks for stopping by! I am so glad you love your first fat book! You did an amazing job and I just love your pages!
Happy Valentine's Day!
Sandy

Our Back Porch said...

This is awesome. Isn't Sarah the sweetest!! I clicked on some of the links and saw basically the same. So I am just curious! Did each of you do a page {and make the same page for everyone in the swap}. The fat book is wonderful! All of the pages are just gorgeous!

Hugs,
Rebecca

A Fanciful Life said...

Hi Karen, Wasn't this a fabulous swap? I just adore every page in this book, I can't stop looking at it. I even brought mine to work to show it off! Your page is just lovely. Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day.
Sharon :-)

Eileen @ Star's Fault said...

Hi Karen! Love your "Fat Book"! I have been thinking about making one myself, have lots of yummy fabric and trim scraps and this would be a perfect project to use a bunch of them up! Your's is realy pretty and I bet you had a ton of fun making it!

Blessings ~ Eileen @ Star's Fault

Teacup Mosaics said...

Hi Karen,
Sending you a very tardy THANK YOU for your beautiful page in the Vintage Valentine FAT Book swap, your page in just stunning, I love all the embellishments and care yhou put into to it.
I love my new treasure and the new blog friends too!
Happy Weekend!
Kelley