Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentines Day Swaps!!!

Happy Valentines Day!

I hope you are visiting with everyone who is sharing their Vintage Valentines Swap from Dolly at From My Cherry Heart! Oh my goodness - we've had SUCH FUN!!!!  Dolly - thank you soooooo much for hosting such a fun time!
 Come on along and let me share with you what my partner and I swapped!
Through this swap I've had the wonderful oopportunity to get to know a new blog friend! 
Her name is Rebecca and her blog is Our Back Porch
Now she had a heck of a time even getting this swap done 
because she had two oral surgeries during it, but . . . she
did a wonderful, fabulous, couldn't be more perfect - job!

One big box in the mail lead to TWO inside! :)

Little one first! Look how pretty! With a beautiful rose
carefully wrapped on top! sigh.

Inside!
Look at this vintage cameo heart vase! TO DIE FOR!
And a cute card with CHOCOLATE on it. (not literally!)

Box number 2!

We were married in 1980! Rebecca didn't even know that!
How perfect is this? Sigh.
Look at all the wonderful goodies! SO CUTE!

A princess - and so many little vintage goodies . . . 
More vintage goodies!
Look! The coins have Cupids on them! How perfect!
A beautiful vintage card and hankie. TO DIE FOR!
Rebecca even made me a Valentine.

The back.

This was my very first on-line swap. And it was so much fun to do. Meeting Rebecca . . . shopping for her. I just had the best time!

What's that? What did I give her? Well . . . OK, here is a peek.

Rebecca collects vintage red handled kitchen gadgets!
And cookie cutters too!
I know . . . a Hedgehog? But she was so soft, and so flippin' cute!
So I hung a little heart around her neck.
These are two old vintage brass findings 
that Joy and I found last year in Paso Robles!
I put them on some vintage lace.
I made her a small Valentine pennant . . .  
She collects birdhouses, so I made her a tiny one.
The shingles are all shaped liked hearts. 
I had such fun making this!
The back . . . 
if she turns the little tag over - there is her initial!
I had such fun - searching for what I hoped were the perfect Valentines Day surprises. Never having done this before, I wasn't exactly sure what to do, but just went with what I thought I would totally enjoy getting.

Rebecca - I love everything you gave me. Thank you for a perfect package!

Now go on over and check out more swaps at Dolly's.

And have a Happy Valentines Day!!!!


XOXO
[signature-1.gif]

28 comments:

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hi Karen, my goodness, I am going to have to look at your whole post again to make sure I didn't miss a thing! How pretty everything is... I especially love your little plate with the year 1980 that you were married... Happy Valentines Day... xoxo Julie Marie

Dolly said...

Pat on the back....
Karen for your first swap you did awesome girl!
So many sweet treasures!
And Rebecca being your partner and sending that plate....was that fate or what!
So perfect!

Thanks again for joining my swap!
It was a pleasure having both of you gals play along!

Happy Valentines day,
Hugz, Dolly

Our Back Porch said...

Karen, I had the best time with this swap! I feel so blessed to have made a new wonderful friend!!!!! I am so glad you are happy with your goodies. I SOOOOO LOVED everything you sent me! You did a lot of research on my blog, and it couldn't have been more perfect! I look forward to keeping in touch, my dear, sweet friend!!

Hugs and Blessings,
Rebecca

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

Both your items are fabulous! I will have to try this again soon...maybe for Easter! What a wonderful box of goodies...I love that!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Wow, you received so many gorgeous things and they all look so perfect for you, and then your gifts that you gave her are just as wonderful. This just sounds like so much fun. I love it all. I can't wait to see you when you get over. I'm planning on lunch. Hugs, Marty

Debby said...

So many gorgeous goodies in both the giving and receiving. What a beautiful swap.
debby

Ginger said...

Just fabulous swap. Your gifts and what you sent couldn't be any more perfect. I participated too wasn't it fun? Love your blog.

Ginger
glitter and roses

Theresa said...

What a beautiful bunch of goodies, given and received. You girls have been really busy:) Enjoy your evening and Happy Valentine's Day my friend! Hugs!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

I love the hedgehog! What wonderful Valentine's booty coming and going from your hours!

debi said...

Wow! You've been having LOTS of swapping fun! Lots of pretty treasures!

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

such lovely things!! i love that birdhouse you made!!! very cute and creative!

happy ♥ day!

June said...

Karen what a fun swap you and Rebecca had. I can't believe that that little plate had the same date of your 'year' on it. I love that cameo vase!
That fat book in your previous post is absolutely amazing. I saw it over at Jodie's and the page you designed and made is gorgeous girl.
Tahnk you so much for coming by.
Hugs

Mimi said...

Hi Karen!!!
Both gifts were fabulous!!! What a great idea!!!! Isn't it so fun to make a new friend!!!!
It is so fun getting to know some one on a more personal note and this exchange did that!!!!
How sweet the thought of the gifts were!!!
Have a Love-ly day on Valentine's day!!!
Hugs and love,
jamie

Duchess of Tea said...

Darling, wishing you a love filled Valentine’s Day, full of laughter, good food and great company.

Love & Hugs
Duchess

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Good Morning Karen,
OH, I just love this!!! So much eye candy, so many sweet and thoughtful gifts! I adore that bird house you made and the hedgehog, I have him too! This is such a cool idea, you are both very talented! I need to go back and check out everything again! LOVELY! Happy Valentine's too! LOVE YA, Lookin forward to AZ. Cindy

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Hi Karen, It looks like you both had a great time picking all the goodies for the swap! How amazing that the plate has your wedding year. Enjoy your treasures!
I wish you a wonderful and very romantic Valentine's Day!
Hugs,
Julia

Debbi said...

wow! fab swap! Such a fun way to make new friends....I love them!

Amy Arnaz said...

Gosh, Karen! All those treasures. Very fun post. Have a wonderful Valentine's Day. xoxo Amy

jen said...

Hasn't this been such a fabulous swap? what gorgeous treasures you have there! Have a Happy Valentine's Day full of LOVE and laughter!
luvs and glitter
~jen

Claudia said...

You both did such a great job of finding things for each other. Happy Valentine's Day!

Claudia

Christine Edwards said...

Karen, what a fantastic swap box you got! Some very cute and amazing vintage goodies. Love the box you sent too. Hope you have a great Valentine's Day!

Melissa Miller said...

~WOW! How beautiful everything is Karen! You are so generous and you received a wonderful box of goodies too.

Thanks for entering my giveaway sweet friend!

Have a blessed day. ~Melissa

Patriotic Mom said...

So many cute things on both swaps. The little boy and girl on the ornament/plaque is adorable. I'm lovin' the birdhouse. My first swap and I loved it! Joan @Americana By Candlelight

marian said...

what lovely treasures you exchanged...i love those darling cookie cutters :)

zandra said...

Such cute goodies! Just love that hedgehog! Aren't swaps great! ;o)
Hugz, Z

Zuzu said...

Gorgeousness!!! All of it so very, very wonderful!
Happy Valentine's sweet Karen!
:)
Zuzu

Sonia ~ Vintage Rose Designs said...

Hi Karen,
This is a very beautiful post. I am here to deliver some news. You WON my heart scented sachet giveaway. Please send me your mailing address to giftshop@ccraftscollectibles.com so I can send it out to you asap.
Thank you for participating.
Hugs
Sonia
VinatgeRoseDesigns.blogspot.com

Christine said...

OH what a fun swap Karen! Looks as though you two met your match!...lol

A great big happy Valentines day to you..hope you had a fun week end.