Monday, March 1, 2010

Home . . .

Home. Just driving up the streets into our community is welcoming . . . but pulling into our drive . . . Sigh.

Home. Hubby is out in his garage tinkering with his Harley. Big hug! Son is still asleep and it's 12:30!!! Sigh.

Home. Dogs are beyond ecstatic to see me. You'd think I'd been gone 2 weeks - not just 2 1/2 days. Sigh.

Home. Clean and fresh from all the rain they got while I was away. The yard is so green and lots of our flowers are just beginning to bloom, because Spring is in the air - it comes early here in So Cal.

Home. My own bed. Sigh. There is no more comfortable bed anywhere than your own bed. I am just not a hotel person. The next time I go to AZ it will be with hubby in the Coach. And then he can meet all my wonderful friends too.
Left to right - Me, CeeKay, Sherry, Marty, Cindy and Jamie

I blew it though, I forgot about the time difference and everyone was waiting and waiting because Karen  was late! I felt terrible! So this picture was taken within 30 seconds of me arriving . . . do I look a little dazed? They had just been sitting there, visiting, eating bread and GABBING AWAY! We had such a good time. And we brought fun little gifts to exchange.

A special bottle made by CeeKay.
A darling spoon transformed by Sherry.
A fabulous pincushion made by Marty.
A cute little bird and a pillow Cindy made for me. 
I made Marty a silly little thing proclaiming her
"Queen of Cloches".
We all know she is!

Then I made each girl a little Spring tag 
and gave them each some fun ribbon to use.
Teal - for CeeKay's battle with Ovarian cancer.



And then we went shopping! We hit two Goodwill's!
It was so fun to wander through the store and hear the
laughter and exclamations of the other girls
when they discovered something to love. 
I've met these women twice now, and I could pick out their laughs 
a mile away. Each one sounds exactly like I thought they would.
I got this wonderful HEAVY silverplate tray. 
Can't wait to see how it cleans up!
Found some GORGEOUS frames to play with!



You gals, I had such a fun time!

Saturday I spent FIVE hours in an antique store called The Brass Armadillo. While a lot of their prices were just waaaaayyyyyy too high, I did find a few fun things.
A cute scale . . .
A few buttons and trims . . . 
And a beautiful old rhinestone necklace.

Then Saturday evening CeeKay invited me over to her home. Her home is one of the most comfortable and enchanting homes I've been in. Every nook and cranny is filled with wonderful memories of family members and days gone by. She has done just a FABULOUS job making her home the center of her world. I could've stayed for days. Instead I stayed until after midnight! It was pouring outside with thunder and lightning! It was perfect! We just gabbed and gabbed and gabbed. It feels like I have known her for forever. Her husband came home around 11:30 - took one look at us on the computer visiting different blogs we each love and just rolled his eyes and shook his head. TEEHEE!!!!! Way too much fun. And of course, we took time out to go to Cracker Barrel for dinner! How can you not just pick up a few things there - especially when California does not have them! 

Look what I found for my niece's baby! 
How stinkin' cute is this?
Their baby shower is this coming Saturday.
I will share the big event with you!

Anyway - this post is getting rather long - sorry - but I had so much to share! 

Driving 5 hours . . . it is what it is. It's easy to drive there, I just don't like the drive home. But the view on the way home was OUTSTANDING! Three different mountain ranges of snow was just breathtaking. We need the snow and rain so terribly bad here in California. And we are still in a drought - but every drop that falls and quenches the thirst of the land it touches helps.

March 1, 2010.
Wow! Where did January and February go?

Did I mention it's good to be home?
[signature-1.gif]

24 comments:

Mimi said...

HI!!!
So glad your visit was so much fun, next time you have to stay with me!!!
I went right out and got gifts for you gals, so Please could you e-mail me your address????
jamiegibbs@hotmail.com
I want to send you it!!!!
How fun you must have had at ceekays, she is so sweet and fun to be around!!!!
glad you had fun in good ole AZ, we need to come to L.A. and hang in your neck of the woods, maybe I can arrange something!!!! We could stay in Calabasas, as that was such a fun town, if that is near you!!!!
Hugs,
jamie

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Karen, I had such a great time with your visit. I sure wish you lived here, it would be fun all the time. I am thrilled with my "Queen of Cloches" banner and hung it in the laundry room where I do a lot of my crafts. Gives me a smile every time I walk in. I am so glad you had fun. It was a thrill for all of us to get together. Love you. Hugs, Marty

Connie said...

So glad you made it home after a wonderful weekend. I love Cracker Barrel too and wish they'd come to California. That little outfit for your niece's baby is too cute!!

Hope to see you soon...Connie

Theresa said...

Oh, it is always good to come home and get in your own bed! I know it was loads of fun to see all of those ladies! Quite a ride, but it sounds like beautiful scenery!

You commented on my blog about the mailing of the package overseas. I have been using the flat rate boxes and did get a discount all the other times. The box I used wasn't flat rate and that was the problem. He is worth it:)

Enjoy your Monday and I'll chat with you soon! ((((HUGS))))

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

Your pictures are wonderful. I am soooo glad we got to spend Saturday evening together. Just remember, I have a guest room that is way more comfortable than a hotel. I a so glad you enjoyed yourself on your getaway Weekend...Savannah is just around the corner!!

my cup of tea said...

Sounds like a great time was had by all! Glad you made it home safe!
Have a wonderful week!
~Donna A~

Bryanna Lenan said...

Welcome Home!

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Welcome Home Karen!!!!
Sounds like your trip with the girls was great!!! I think the smiles on ya'll's faces said it all...even though you WERE late! haha (leave it to you girl...only you!) I'm sure they didn't mind a bit...That meant more time to chat!
The gifts were so sweet. Ya'll have soooo many good memories that have been shared together. Now when you look around your little room, you will constantly be reminded of these wonderful ladies...how sweet is that??? You are sooooo blessed girl!
Well, rest up and get back on schedule...we have to get ready for Savannah baby!
;)

Maryjane - The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Karen!

I am thrilled that we live so close to each other! As I said we need to get a fun lunchon planned for out here! Glad you got home safe and enjoyed your time with these darling ladies!

Talk soon neighbor!
Hugs,
Maryjane

sissie said...

Hello Karen,
You girls had too much fun! I'm just jealous because I wasn't there, (sniff, sniff)
It must be great to finally meet and be with blogging friends and you girls certainly made the best of your time. Just look at all the good stuff you found! And the gifts you made for one another are fantastic.

Glad you are home and thanks for sharing.

hugs
Sissie

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh Karen,
You are the best ever!! I had so much fun and I think it would be way cool if you brought hubby next time. I'll bring hubby too and they can guy talk. hehee. I am so grateful that you were so patient driving me to my Son's house. If it had been left to me I would have ended up wandering through the desert somewhere. I love the beautiful tags you made, thank-you so much! Tomorrow I head home. I am missing my hubby, my bed, but not the snow. Next time I will definately plan 2 days and I will have wheels. Did you see that pic of you and me on Marty's blog? We looked like quite the pair hey! hehe. Great Big Hugs, Cindy
p.s. My son's computer is so goofed up I can hardly get on anyone's blog. Boy, I am having blogger withdrawal.

Audra said...

Sounds like you ladies had so much fun. Maybe next time you visit I will be able to meet up with you. Or as Mimi says...maybe we can head over there to visit you.

Looking forward to having a great time next time your are around.

ttfn...

Sarah said...

Trips are fun, but it is always good to get back home. How nice that you girls get together again and again.
Love the silver tray you found. I hope you show us photos of how it cleans up. I like to polish my silver. Do you? Beautiful frames too. That must be a great GW! Thanks for sharing.

Cottage Cozy said...

Looks like you had a simply wonderful trip...meanwhile I just returned from my trip TO southern California! I live in Oregon. Good to be home for me too!

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun with your blogging friends, Karen! Thanks for sharing all the pretty gifts that had been exchanged. You brought home some great treasures from the goodwill and the antique store! I know what you mean about sleeping in your own bed. It's just much more comfortable at home.
Have a good night and sleep well!
Hugs,
Julia

Gypsy Mermaid said...

ohhhh can I come next time?! Looks like you had such a blast! wonderful finds I have to say the scale is my FAVORITE!! hehe Guess what?!! I am going to be going to Cali in July to that mermaid event! You must of convieced me it was ment to be hehe are you going to go to it as well? big hugs

toodles-
sarah

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Good Morning Karen, just seeing all you gals at the table has got to be the best table top tuesday Marty has done so far ha ha!! Girl you guys had so much fun and look at all your treasurers you brought back with you WOW!! I'm having a pity party here on my mountain top Karen...
Hope you have a GREAT day my friend...hugs and smiles to you Gl♥ria

Mieke said...

Welcome home Karen! Looks like you had a wonderful day. You ladies are all so talented, all these pretty presents, must have been fun.

Snow is gone here (hopefully until next year) It can still freeze until may but the primroses should be able to survive that. It's possible to grow them outside trough Winter but then the flowers are a lot later.

The Pleasures of Homemaking said...

Sounds like so much fun! My husband travels for work and he always says how nice it is to be in his own bed. He never sleeps well in hotels. The gifts are so sweet! Queen of the Cloches for Marty is so cute (and so true)!

Manuela

Nina Diane said...

it sounds like you had so much fun! and you are right...there's no place like home and your own bed!

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

Welcome home...obviously you all had a great time!

June said...

Karen it sounds like you had such a great time! You guys all look so darling sittin' there together. You lucky girl getting to meet Ceekay. She is such a doll. Glad you are home safe and sound. There truly is 'no place like home'!
hugs

zandra said...

Sounds like you had a grand time. Glad you're back safe and sound!
Hugz, Z

debi said...

Oh, I'm so glad you had such a great time Karen!
It's wonderful to have girlfriends to laugh and gab with!