Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I am so Blessed . . .

Blessed by all of you. This world of blogging is an awesome thing. I am "meeting" people that I never, EVER would've met without it. I just cannot imagine my life without all of you! Thank you - each and every one of you who have come into my life. You brighten my days. You make me smile, you make me laugh and you make me cry . . . all good things.

For Valentines Day I made a special friend. Rebecca of Our Back Porch. We had a wonderful time with our Valentine swap. She asked me if I wanted to do another - an Easter swap! Well my goodness, OF COURSE!!!! So we did. I got my package today.

OH MY!

I was literally speechless. It's like she can see inside my head, and knows EXACTLY what I like. Down to the smallest detail.

Each and every little thing . . . it is . . . perfect.
Darling card!
GASP! So many little packages!
Easter towel and pot holder!
Cute box . . . 
filled with little picks - "awwwwwwww"
This is a one-of-a-kind Easter Egg
that Rebecca made for me. 
Just loaded with vintage yummies! sigh.
From the top . . .
from the side . . . sigh.
A single white paper rose 

This is a piece of wired ribbon. It is about 6" long
and TO DIE FOR!
A little basket with chicks!
Aren't they sweet?
And the CUTEST little bunny she made!
LOOK at the detail! "awwwwwwwwww"
Another cute little bunny and some pearls . . . 
a little bag of goodies that opened into a bag of the
most AMAZING things. sigh.



Vintage score pads!
These two trims are super wide! I think 5"!
Another little goodie bag filled with . . . ready?
(please note the YEAR on the ticket!)
The most awesome treasures!
Tiny paper dolls . . . 

Dr. O'Hare . . . sigh.
old pictures
tickets . . . 

Here we are! My Easter swap from Rebecca. Sigh.

Rebecca - I love it all. I don't know if I'll ever have the nerve to use any of it - I know I will hoard it. I I just want to keep it and look at it over and over. HA! It's going right on my shelf next to my Valentines things from you. Which I am also hoarding.

Sigh. Oh. My. Goodness.

Rebecca had quite a time once again - her Dad had a stroke about 10 days ago. Thankfully he is out of the hospital and recovering. But please - do say a prayer for all of them.

Like I said - this was just amazing.

XOXOXO
[signature-1.gif]

23 comments:

Love the Decor! said...

Wow what a wonderful gift from Rebecca!!
It is true, blogging friends are a blessing!!

Patty said...

I'm having an overload of cuteness!

Debra@Common Ground said...

Oh My Goodness, I've never seen such "fabulous-ness"! It's all just beautiful, blogging is such a HUGE blessing! Come enter my giveaway when you get a chance.
hugs,
Debra

debi said...

Wow! What a haul! teehee!

That is a beautiful swap gift. You'll have fun with that pretty package of goodies!

Theresa said...

Great googlymoogly, what a wonderful gift!!! I believe she meant to send that to me:) Hugs and congrats on such a great gift. You deserve it.

I will pray for Rebecca's Dad!

Hugs my friend!

sissie said...

Blogging friends are the best!
What a wonderful lot of goodies that Rebecca sent to you. I'm like you, I just want to hoard my gifts and look at them often.

I hope Rebecca's Dad recovers.

hugs
Sissie

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

OMG Girlfriend!!
Your right, I think she read your mind! I can't believe all the wonderful vintage goodies and the beautiful things she made for you! This swapping thing is good stuff, I need to check it out! If you get a chance, come by and see the video I posted of my niece Molly. It's really cute!
Hugs, Cindy

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh my word, this is all gorgeous. You really did hit the jackpot. So many beautiful things. I just can't wait to see what you do with all of it. How did you make out at the estate sale in Palmdale? Hope you had a great time. Hugs, Marty

Blondie's Journal said...

Love all your goodies. Rebecca is not only generous, she is talented. I love the egg and the bunny. I would hoard it all, too!! ;-)

Prayers going out to her father. Have fun with all your treasures!

xoxo

Sandra said...

Very pretty! I can't wait to see what you're going to make with them. I think we are all so blessed having such sweet blogging friends. Have a great evening.
Sandra

Cozy Little House said...

Well, didn't you hit the vintage goody lottery! I'd be hoarding and gazing for a long time with this stuff. I shall go visit her.
Brenda

Debby said...

What a beautiful package to receive from your friend. ISn't this blog world wonderful.
Debby

Bryanna Lenan said...

WOW... what a gift! And that ribbon is to die for... lucky you, indeedy!

June said...

Karen you received the most amazing things from Rebecca. How fun it must have been unwrapping all those packages. I would be just like you...and keep it all around just to stare at.
hugs

Elyse said...

oh karen!

how fun! rebecca assembled the most wonderful goodies for you. i am the same way sometimes -- when things are packaged so sweetly i won't use them just because i enjoy how they look so much.

enjoy your cutie treats, cutie!

xo
elyse

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

My goodness....what a stash of good stuff! Hey, you laughed at me when I said I couldn't use my Bingo card....hmmm, sounds like you are very similar! I am just saying......

Joyce said...

Oh how fun! I love the Easter Egg-that's beautiful. And the paper dolls...very sweet!

Happy Easter!

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Wow girl,
Rebecca showered you with beautiful goodies!!!! I love her little bunny she made and those tickets and stuff too!
You are such a lucky girl Karen!!!!

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Wonderful goodies for a sweet girl! I love that Easter egg and the ephemera! Have fun hoarding, dear Karen ;-)!
Love and hugs,
Julia

Shelley said...

Rebecca is a generous sweet woman - wow!! Great stuff!!

Kansas Amy said...

What a wonderful gift! So MANY goodies!! Thanks for stopping by my blog! You actually are right, I am Patty's daugther! ;) We decided to play a little game and see who would be the first to put two and two together. I guess it wasn't hard for you since we are her only followers. She is just starting to get a hang of blogging and is already loving it! Of course, I'm only 3 months in and am having a blast! Come back and visit soon!

Zuzu said...

Absolutely amazing gorgeousnes!!! Wow, I don't think I've used that combination of words before - truly a wonderful swap! Enjoy!

Mimi said...

Hi Karen!!!!
See our blogger friends are real people aren't they!!!!
I so love all of you too!!!My life is complete with each and every one of you!!!!
That is some gift box you got my friend!!!!How sweet and special!!!!
Have you gone to Savannah yet?????
You are going to LOVE it!!!!!
OH MY ....
Where are my manners!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS on that new baby on it's way!!!!!
How wonderful is this news!!!!!
Congrats again!!!!
If you are a 1958 prize, you and I are the same age!!!!!
Happy/Hoppy Easter
hugs,
jamie