Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Thrifting . . .

Had a #@*#! of a day at work yesterday. It's been that way lately . . . too much to do and not enough time and working for a man and woman of perfection. Sometimes beyond perfection . . . it's hard. Just as I don't understand some of the things they tell me, they too, do not understand some of the things I try to explain to them. It was like that yesterday . . . sigh. But I love them both. It's just hard to work for your best friend sometimes.

OK, enough complaining! So on the way home - I stopped by the local Goodwill store - hadn't been there in weeks. It was calling my name . . . I drive right past it. In I went to see what treasures I could find.

Here are some of the things that gleefully jumped into my little basket knowing I would give them loving homes . . . eventually.

A little heart shaped Hallmark box . . .
with the tag still attached.
Love this little mug . . . 
Best find of the day - a stuffed bag of tidbits
of ribbon and lace. Sigh. Needed this so badly!

Yum!


I'm so glad I stopped. It made my day. (Boy - how sad is that when a trip to a GoodWill store makes your day?)
Hopefully today will be a better day at work and I will get everything accomplished that needs accomplishing. I shall walk out the door of my home with a purely positive attitude!

Thanks for letting me share . . .

[signature-1.gif]

17 comments:

Joyce said...

Hope today is better for you...I think you should be a full time crafter : )

Nancy's Notes said...

Wow, what great finds! Do hope your day is a better one today, you started it in a great way, way to go!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh Karen,
Hang in there dearie! I love your little computer swearing, very cute! Great finds at GW, I can see why they jumped into your cart. And what loads of lovely lace you got there! I hope today is better dear friend, I will be thinking of you!
Big Hugs,
Cindy

stefanie said...

I would be happy, great treasures!!

Inspired-Simplicity said...

Karen,
Just signed on as a new follower. Good stuff. I need to stop by our goodwill. Looking forward to visiting with you often.
Blessings,
Carolyn

Lisa said...

Somedays you're the bug and somedays you're the windshield. Hope today is a windshield kinda day.:)
PS Love that little heart box! Too cute!

Theresa said...

Well, the day got better after the Goodwill! Looks like you got some really good loot:) Love the bag of lace! Hopefully it was a better day for you, my friend!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Karen, so sorry your work has been so hectic and stressful. I do remember those days. Now you know that I totally understand how a stop at GW can make your day. It's always one of my favorite places and if I find a treasure, then I am thrilled. You found some great things. Have a super day. Hugs, Marty

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Girl I hope today is a better day for you...I'm so glad I'm retired now ha ha!! and look at all that ribbon and lace you got can't wait to see what you make with it Karen...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

I'm sorry you had such a bad day at work again, dear Karen! Hopefully it will get better soon. At least you found some treasures at the GW store. A bag of laces is always a great find and the boxes are wonderful also. Have fun playing with those goodies!
I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of paper dolls you are working at.
Have a lovely and stress-free afternoon!
xoxo,
Julia

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Oh Karen, I don't think that's sad at all when a trip to the goodwill makes your day! Remember, the simple things in life are the best! And your little stash looks wonderful... I always am amazed at the "little things" that truly make my day... xoxo Julie Marie

Mimi said...

Hi Karen!!!!
Great finds!!!!
Love that Hallmark box, that will make a great little gift to tuck something into it or great for you!!!!
Love that lace stuff too, oh wow, I need to hit my GW soon!!!!
Hope your week is better then yesterday!!!!
Hard to work for family and friends!!!!
hugs,
jamie

Amy Arnaz said...

Dear Karen ~
I don't think I could say it any better than your funny friend Lisa who said "somedays you're the bug and somedays you're the windshield." There you go!
:) Amy

June said...

Karen you made me laugh with the Good Will comment! It always makes my day to go there and find a treasure. You know what that means my life is like.lol
I love all your finds. And I so hope you have a better day at work.

I loved your comment. It made my day and I think misery loves company. For some reason I felt better knowing that you are laying awake at night as well. Great friend aren't I?! hehe
Maybe tonight all will be dreamy.
hugs

Doni said...

Very nice finds! Especially that bag of lace and ribbon! Hope your day is MUCH better tomorrow!! Take care!
Doni

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Yummy lace and trim Karen!
Sorry you had such a bad day. I know you've been busy and have a lot on your plate right now but keep your chin up and every time you get stressed, just think of...
Savannah
Savannah
Savannah
It's right around the corner!!!
yay!
Hope it only gets better from here :)
Are you sure you don't want to come with me to Round Top? I'm leaving tomorrow, I'll wait for you :)

debi said...

Ooooh! Don't ya just LOVE good days at the thrift store? I know I do!