Monday, March 8, 2010

We had a pink Saturday . . .

And it was sooooo very fun.
(Lighting was horrible so bear with the pictures . . . )

On the way down we passed Angel Stadium!
Can't wait for Opening Day! 
(sorry Ganky, I bleed RED!) And we outran the rain! 
Well . . . kinda.

They had the shower at the community clubhouse
a block from their home.
It was perfect - if it hadn't turned so BLOODY COLD!
It had a patio outside . . . by the pool.

And a patio under cover (good thing) with a BBQ. . . 

A kitchen - WITH A HEATER . . . :)
Kitchen crew - hubby - BIL and Heather.
(I've never been to a baby shower where they served beer . . . )

An indoor room with lots of tables and chairs . . . and HEAT!
 The New-Grammas-to-be! Staci's MIL on left, my sister on right.

Do you think my sister is excited? 

Hey! Brandon (my oldest) made it . . . 

Justin (my youngest) rode down with us - and yes, 
that's the new bridegroom (last Sept) my nephew Steve on the left.
(Talkin' about Glamis next weekend I'm sure!)

The New-Auntie's-to-be . . . my niece Heather on the left 
And that's Jessica (bride to the above Steve)  on the right.
The girls did a great job giving the shower!

Andy started opening just a few things that were specifically for him . . . 
like his  Taylor's new Barbie fishing pole!

Then, this was my gift to him . . . he doesn't like foof or pink . . . 

The pink tiara! (But she can't play with it until she's three!)

Now - somebody was thinkin' when they made this!
A new Daddy tool belt!
Complete with goggles . . . 

And diaper tongs! Too funny!

And the rains came . . .  it poured!

So we all moved inside and they opened gifts! CUTE STUFF!
Love this bib - "My Mom is hotter than your Mom" LOL.

And of course all the women were doing the "awwwwwwwww" thing . . . 

So then of course, all the guys started in too. "Awwwwwww . . . "

Hand made quilt from Gramma . . . 

And a pink sailor dress . . . (flippin' ADORABLE!)

Andy is like "Staci - you do look a little silly - don't ya think?"

Ah! until the pink Angel's ballcap and first Angel's outfit comes out!
"Now who looks silly Honey?"

Staci reading the guest book I made for them . . . it was really funny!

One of the questions was comparing Staci and Andy to a hot Hollywood couple . . . 
"Honey - we're right up there with the Simpsons!"

We all had a great day . . . 

Thanks for letting me share it with ya'll!

Have a good week everyone!

XOXOXO
[signature-1.gif]

14 comments:

Lisa said...

I love baby showers! Especially for little girls. There is nothing cuter than baby girl stuff!LOL I know this an exciting time for your sister. She looks like she's in Grandma heaven.:)

Theresa said...

Oh I love baby showers and enjoyed all of the pictures. Your Sister DOES look so excited and I know with those two cute parents... that is gonna be a precious baby girl!

There are some really cute things for babies, especially girl:) Love the little dress and OMG the tool belt, what a great idea. For real, to have all of that stuff ON YOU?

Happy you had a great time and funny thing, this Spring when your Angels play MY Braves... it will mean something different.

Hugs to you my friend! Have a blessed day!

Joyce said...

I just love a baby shower. I love the tool belt...that was clever! Congrats to all...nothing sweeter than a brand new baby girl : )

Kara Ward said...

Oh, looks so sweet....
When I think of baby girls, the first thing that comes to mind is MARY JANES. Every little girl needs a pair. Don't you think?

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

It looks like fun! I like it that the dads get to come too these days. More fun for everyone!

Sue

Connie said...

Looks like fun and your sister looks so darn excited! I can't wait until it's your turn...tell your boys to get on with it!!

I've never been to a shower with beer either...oh, these young ones...anything to get the guys to come! :)

Love ya, Connie

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

Looks like it was adorable and so PINK! It poured here all day Sunday also....I am ready for some sun!

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Okay, I'll join in!!!
.
.
Awwwwwwwwe! How precious!!!!
Looks like ya'll had lots of fun and I can see that little girl is going to be ONE SPOILED little angel. Seriously...an Angel (fan)!!! ;)

Too bad the bad weather came, but luckily...the beer was cold inside and the heater was warm ;)

Fun Fun.
So what's next? You are such a busy woman these days girl!!!!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hey Girl,
Your sister looks sooo excited and happy! I can see the family resemblance there! What a neat shower and having beer probably livens things up a bit! hehe. That pink sailor dress is just about the cutest thing ever! I hope I can get as excited as your sister looks. Oh, and of course how sweet that your Son's went too! I bet they loved your gift too! Big Hugs, Cindy

Lisa said...

Oh Karen (in response to the whole Jane Austen thimg),
You must read Pride and Prejudice. My absolute favorite. Hands down.I find reading Jane Austen a lot like reading high school Shakespeare. Remember when you first started Romeo and Juliet? It was like what.is.this.But then a light bulb came on and you realized you actually like Bill even though he wrote kinda funny and R&J was really romantic and they were, after all, misunerstood teenagers just like we were. Jane Austen is like that.:) Let me know which novel you read first.:)

Audra said...

What an amazing baby shower! I love the new trend incorporating the daddy to be in the shower.

Looks like you all had a blast.

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Hi Karen, It looks like you all had so much fun! The girl got really sweet gifts. I love the pink sailor dress. It's just so darn cute! The Daddy tool belt had been a great idea. What fun! All the best for the expectant parents!
Have a good night!
Hugs,
Julia

Barb~Bella Vista said...

Hi Karen, wow, what a wonderful time. Thank YOU for sharing this with us.

Barb ♥

Amy Arnaz said...

Mmmmm..... I'm jealous. xoxo Amy