Thursday, April 29, 2010

Fun times!

Fun times indeed! Old friends and new friends. Gifts, gifts and more gifts. Food and more food. Here we go!
She did WAY too much! And once I saw this . . . 
I had a hissy fit. She had checked into attending the event
 and then thought it would be over her head. 
NOT SO! 
Look at that adorable covered match box she made! 
Filled with "hugs"!  awwwwwwwww :)
And this beautiful angel ornament . . . 
Can you see what it says? Makes me cry . . . 
I just love you Theresa!
Look at this lovely book . . . 
Filled with wonderful sweet quotes.
Janette Oke is one my favorite authors.
Now for my roommate gifts from Miss Jodie

Hmmmmm . . . do you see a pattern here?
I do! She wanted me to gain 20 pounds on this trip!
And then when I got home, there was this waiting for me . . . 
I've been really good. I got this far . . .
But when I read this . . . I stopped. Awwwwwwwwww  . . .
Well, almost . . . it was so tempting . . . But Mr. Harley sniffed out
something that smelled HEAVENLY so I took it out.
"Oh come on Karen, please can I eat it?"
(note the flour still in the fur!
they are finally at the groomers today!)
"NO!"
:)
I'm waiting until Sunday to open it. I know I'm gonna cry. 
And when I show you - you're gonna cry too. 
Cause it's MINE. ALL MINE! (sorry! hehehe)

OK, back to Savannah. First night was the Welcome Night Soiree. (I'm borrowing a few pictures from Jenn. Thank you Miss Jenn!)
This was grand room* we entered into.
This was our place setting . . . goodies galore!
Look at that sweet fan!
And in the white eyelet fabric pouch was our name tag.
Too flippin' cute!
Of course, we had this pretty pink bag on our chairs . . .
What's that? What's inside? 
Be patient . . . that'll come in my next post.
Rosalyn Sue set up the most AWESOME
Southern Sweet Bar just FULL of yummy candies and goodies.
She just OUTDID herself. She was just an absolute sweetheart .
She took ill on the very last night there, but came
home today and is undergoing more tests. Please
put her on your prayer list. She is just so sweet and kind. 
Yup - we each got to fill up our own bag! :)
Then the Miss Jo Packham of Where Women Create
spoke while we all dined on lasagna and chicken. Good stuff!
Just look how cute these two are *. 
What an honor for Jo to spend the ENTIRE weekend with  us.
We started the evening off with peach martinis. *
Can you say YUM?
And ended it on a ghost tour of old Savannah. *
Of course, camera was left behind in the room . . . ;( 
But oh well. It was still just a great evening! 

Coming up next - the SWAPS!!! sigh.
[signature-1.gif]








22 comments:

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

Is your birthday Sunday Missy??

Cathy said...

Hi Karen,

Wasn't Savannah an absolute blast? I love each and every moment and am so thankful that I didn't come down with the flu until Monday night! Yikes.... I have been sick in bed ever since, but am lucky I didn't miss the trip all together.

Thank you so much for your wonderful gift. I love it!

Hope to see you again soon.

xo Cathy

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Karen, this just looks like more fun than a barrel of monkeys. I sure wish I had been there. Everything is beautiful and oh my so many fabulous gifts. Now as for the birthday. Were you going to keep that a secret. Well a little early, but I am singing Happy Birthday To YOu, Happy Birthday To You. That was done in my very best southern voice. lol So glad you had fun. Hugs, Marty

Mimi said...

HI!!!!
I saw pics on Cathy's page and now I get to enjoy more on your page!!!!Oh MY, I wish I could have gone to that event, that is something that would have made my heart skip a beat!!!!I loved everything about that first night soiree, it was spectacular!!!!My mouth hit the floor when I saw all the frilly petticoats and parasols!!!!Love the candy bar thing too, my sweet tooth is doing a happy dance looking it over!!!!
Oh girlfriend!!!!
IT IS YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET FRIEND!!!!!!
Enjoy your special day!!!
hugs and love,
jamie

Elyse said...

wow, that is so cool.

isn't it just amazing the people and things that have been brought into our lives through blogging. it stuns me all the time.

i spy cathy scalise!

xo
elyse

stefanie said...

lovin' your gifts...can't wait to see what you got for your birthday...HAPPY Birthday!!!! looks like the best time ever!

Theresa said...

Oh I love you too my sweet friend! I wish I had gone to the function with you all but like you said "maybe next time"! I have thought about so many moments of the time I spent with you and Jodie and it isn't fair that we live so far apart! It is certainly a trip that I will never forget and would love to duplicate.

Sweet gifts from everyone and love the sweet bar, I guess you had to eat all of that stuff since your luggage already weighed tooooooo much:)

And yes, I will be the one crying when you open your Birthday gift from Jodie! waaaaaaahhhhhhhhh Girl, she has an eye for good stuff!

Love you my friend! Enjoy your day!

Dawn said...

Oh man, I bet you've got enough memories to post about this trip for a whole year! It's all so sweet and cute I don't even know what to comment on! Glad your back so you can share it all with us.
Hugs,
Dawn

Blondie's Journal said...

Lovely gifts and it sounds like you had a fantastic time in Savannah (DO you ever stop traveling?). So glad you had a great time at the event.

Prayers going out to Rosalyn Sue and Happy Birthday to you!

xoxo
Jane

June said...

Karen I am so happy for you! I am just thrilled that you had such a great time. I can't even imagine the fun you had. I bet Jodie was a total blast to be around.
I loved the picture of you and Jo. What a delight that must have been!
I hope your birthday is great and I will be checking in to see the great stuff Miss Jodie made for you.
hugs

Nancy's Notes said...

Okay, Sunday is the day, I'll be back to see what your surprise is going to be! Happy Birthday a few days early!

Hugs,
Nancy

overthetopstudios said...

Hi Karen,
I feel so behind EEEKKK! I am just going through my swap bags and haven't even posted pictures yet. I love your little bag of goodies, esp. the micro slide. Too Cute!
So nice meeting you, it went by way too fast. Hopefully we can meet again soon,
Hugs Sweetie,
Amada

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

Oh my...how wonderful! I'm excited just reading about it all:)

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hey Girlfriend,
I really loved seeing the beautiful pics and goodies! So much pink! You really got some beautiful gifts there and it looks like you made some wonderful memories as well. Today was my first really long work day. We had a training out of town and boy am I tired. I don't have much pain anymore but the tiredness is still there. Your B-Day is coming up too! Got big plans? Hope all is well.
Hugs,
Cindy

Debby said...

Thanks for sharing with us, this looks like a beautiful weekend. And you got to have Jodie for your roomie, how fun. Can hardly wait to see your pressies.
debby

Charlene said...

Karen, GOOD thing she didn't give you more stuff for that poor suitcase! I was a witness you were seriously not happy Sunday morning. But, if it's from Jodie, it'll be great. Can't wait to see what's in the box. And by the way HAPPY BIRTHDAY a few days early. It was so much fun to be with you last week. Oh how I wish we were back there this week. HUGS! Charlene

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Wow, You girls have been spoiled! What a pretty decoration in the grand room and what a sweet idea to create that sugar bar!
Isn't Jodie just the sweetest? Thinking of your luggage and sending the package before the was going to Savannah, so that you would have it when you come back. I for sure would have been tempted as well to take a closer look. Just two more days ... :-).
Have a lovely day, Miss Karen!
Big hugs,
Julia

Mieke said...

Ok now I'm jealous. This looks like a fairytale. Please go on showing us more treasures... and have a SUNny happy birthDAY!!!

Barb~Bella Vista said...

Karen, wonderful pictures....so much sharing all this with you. Look at all those lovely goodies. Theresa is a doll!

So glad you enjoyed yourself!!

Hugs, Barb ♥

Lisa said...

Oh Karen!
I know you and Ms. Jodie had a ball! What a beautiful event! I'll bet you felt like a princess.:)

Oliva said...

so glad you had a great time! It seems like you all did! Can't wait for Sunday when you get to show us your gift...TFS

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

I miss Theresa.
just. plum. miss. her.

You took some fabulous photos Karen. However, you really should have taken your camera on the ghost hunt.

Don't tell me that you still haven't dug in that box yet. I know you have...you are so sneaky!!!
;)