Thursday, April 15, 2010

A little early . . .

Have I mentioned lately that I love my mailman? As soon as he spies me running out to the mailbox, he jumps back into that little truck of his and takes off. I think he's afraid he's going to get mowed down!

Here is what he brought me yesterday. And yesterday was a CRAZY day - so this absolutely made my day. I got my Tussie Mussie Swap!

Now - I know, I know, I know! I'm early. I don't think we are supposed to post our Tussie Mussie Swap until May Day. But I leave next Wed and I know my life is going to be crazy hectic before  I leave (ya think?) and after I get back (OMG I cannot even imagine how crazy it'll be then!) and then it's my birthday and we're going away . . .  so I am posting my beautiful swap now. I have to!

Now, I know . . . it said all over the box, "DO NOT OPEN UNTIL MAY DAY!" But . . . what's a girl to do? It was decorated with flowers and I was dyin' to open it. So I did! (BIG GRIN!)

My partner is Patty. Her blog is Blooming In Kansas She is a brand new blogger. She is such a wonderful person. I couldn't have been more pleased to have her as a partner once I got to know her.

Sooooo - wanna see what I got?

I love it ALL! 
The Tussie Mussie itself is so PRETTY!
I love the pearls wrapped around it.
And she placed a beautiful sheet of paper inside . . .
And attached a sweet little tag.

I found the perfect pace to hang it in my studio.
Look at the little butterfly! So sweet.
And then all the wonderful little gifts to go with it.
A wonderful scrapbook page kit. Love it!!
And look at the adorable little lady bug chocolates!
Now - I need a moment here to share something special with you.
I have had some "interesting" (for lack of a better word) 
experiences with my two swap partners of late. 
First Rebecca for Valentines Day and Easter and
now Patty. 
For Valentines Day Rebecca gave me a pewter plate with the year
1980 on it. She had no clue that was the year we were married.
Then for Easter she gave me a vintage ticket, with the year 1958 on it.
She again had no clue that was the year I was born.
And now Patty. While Patty and I were chatting and getting
to know each other, she asked me what my favorite flower was.
I told her it was the Peony. But she sent me - these!
Lily of the Valley. When I was a little girl, THESE were my favorite.
And I did not tell her this. 
Don't you think that is . . . "interesting"?
I can't wait to plant them next year.
She also sent some yummy soap petals!
And then she did the sweetest thing. 
She gave me the history of the Peony. 
And hand wrote it all out. I think this is awesome.

So as you can see - I had a wonderful Tussie Mussie swap. I've made a wonderful new friend. Sigh. Blogging is just the best! Thank you Patty, this is a lovely, lovely gift. You created a wonderful package, and it was your first swap too!

I'm not sure if Patty has opened her's yet, so I'll just give you a sneak peek at what I sent her.







I hope she likes it. I had such fun trying to think up things that will hopefully make her giggle with glee.

I must extend a big thank you to Linda from A Swap for all Seasons for hosting this fun swap. Be sure to go over to her blog on May Day and check out the BEAUTIFUL Mussie Tussie creations. She's giving sneak peeks right now and OMG! They are just GORGEOUS!

Final notes - I have two of my very special friends that have had some medical issues these past few weeks. Cindy from Applestone Cottage had emergency gall bladder surgery and was in the hospital for 5 days. She is home now and on the mend but please keep her in your prayers.

And my Dear Friend CeeKay  has had a horrible/fabulous week. Please, please  everyone, keep her in your prayers . . . Our Lord is listening!!! Praise Him!

Hugs to all of you! Now I'm off to work and back to my crazy life . . . next week this time - SAVANNAH! WHOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

[signature-1.gif]

19 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Karen, you did indeed get some gorgeous things. Isn't it just the greatest thing to meet such wonderful friends in blogland. I love your tussie. So pretty and all of the goodies are beautiful. I am praying for Cindy and Ceekay. Both really need it. Hope you have a super day. Hugs, Marty

stefanie said...

gorgeous!!! how much fun, oh, I couldn't wait either!!!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Good Morning Dear,
I want a tussie mussie too!! How sweet of you to think of me and I must go over and check on Ceekay. I love all of your goodies, what a neat idea and with your B-day coming up and all! I am actually starting to feel human today! I drove my car into town and I have managed to stay up and not take any pain pills! I think I'm on the mend, Big Hugs, Cindy

Debby said...

Oh my, your tussie swap is gorgeous, look at all those beautiful goodies. I got my tussie swap in the mail yesterday and just posted about it. I think I am in trouble, wasn't sure if we were suppose to post or wait until a certain day. I posted, I am a bad girl.
Hugs,
Debby

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Hi Miss Karen, You've been spoiled again and you deserve it! Isn't it fun to do those swaps?
Just a few more days and your off to Savannah! Wooooohooooo! I'm all excited for you and Jodie!
Have a wonderful day!
Big hugs,
Julia

~Carrie from Cottage Cozy~ said...

Well... you just hit the jackpot with your lovely swap partners. Everything is just beautiful!!

I hope you have a wonderful time and I will lift our fellow bloggers up in prayer.

Stay Cozy, Carrie

Lisa said...

It's so great when you get a Kindred Spirit for a swap buddy! I love everything she sent you. And I love all the little God winks (coincidences) along the way.:)

Theresa said...

Love that tussie mussie, it is too cute! What a wonderful gift and loads of time went into making it! Enjoy your crazy life out there my friend! Can't wait to see you next week!

Mieke said...

You taught me a new English word again! 'Tussie Mussie' sounds as sweet as it looks like. Where do you ladies keep finding these wonderful things?!

Shelia said...

Hi Karen! Oh, what a lovely tussie mussie! What treasures you've received. Bloggers are just so wonderful, aren't they? I'm glad you didn't wait so I could see your pretties! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Jennifer said...

What lovely items from your swap partner! I was lucky too - my partner sent me the most special items - I was thrilled by what she had made and sent. Aren't swaps fun! I love the name of your blog, Jennifer jennsthreegraces

Cozy Little House said...

I keep saying I'm going to make tussie-mussies. Because I love herbs so and they often have them in herb books, due to their popularity in Victorian times.
Brenda

Nancy's Notes said...

Karen, oh my goodness, great buys there! Meeting new friends here, just pretty mind boggling, isn't it. So many wonderful friends, who knew!

Nancy

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Beautiful!
Patty totally spoiled you Karen!!!
The sneak peek of what you sent her looks gorgeous too!
So are you all swapped out by now? You've been a swapping machine lately...a mailman mow machine...a trader babe! okay...it's late and I'm getting delirious.
Counting down the days to Savannah!
and no...I've still accomplished nothing!
Signing off,
The Last Minute QUEEN!

Ticking and Toile said...

Wow Karen ~ you did get some amazing beautiful things!!! Swaps are so fun!

If I find a table like the one on my post (on craigslist)...I will let you know! :) Keep your fingers crossed for me!

xo,
Shellagh

Collected Treasures...for the home, heart & soul said...

Hi Karen....absolutely adore the tussie mussies....they are among my favorite things to have and to make as well.....thank you again for stopping by for the visit....I plan on putting you on my blog roll so I don't miss what you are up to....love your blog and sweet words......
xojana

Mimi said...

Hi Karen!!!!
Oh those are so sweet, such lovely gifts!!!!They are wonderful, I was wondering what a tussie mussie was????So I guess I know now!!!!It is a flower arrangement scrolled into a shape like a cone???Right or wrong?????
Have fun on your trip, I know you will!!!!!
Cannot wait to hear all about it.
Yes, I have been Praying for Cindy and Ceekay, I have a card for both of them!!!!
Hugs,
jamie

Carole~Maynard Greenhouse said...

Hi Karen,
Thanks for stopping by. Yes Zuzu is a doll.
Love your tussie mussie swap. I don't blame you for opening it up early. All made from the heart.
xxx
Carole

Jill said...

WOW! If I got that kind of stuff in the mail, I'd be mowing over the mailman too!!

Consider me a new follower!

Jill