Monday, April 26, 2010

I'm home! Sigh!

Hello sweet friends. I am back. Sigh. My wonderful time at my Art Event in Savannah is over.

And predictably, upon arriving home to the real world, I am SWAMPED.  Life truly does go on while we take a few moments out of our everyday life to just be, learn and create.

There is so much more to come later. But . . . it'll take some time. So much to decipher, so much to edit, so much to enjoy all over again.

It is too difficult to express how wonderful this event was for me. Petticoats and Parasols, hosted by Jennifer Hayslip. Jenn produced a top-notch, fabulous event. In every way. My thanks to her for taking this huge undertaking on so the rest of us could just enjoy while she stressed out (needlessly).  But it had to be perfect - and it was. Miss Jenn - if you only knew how much so. And I have to thank Tiffany, Christine, Rosalyn Sue and Jo for making this weekend such a HUGE success! The five hands helping each other all contributed to making this just an awesome event for all of us.

In so many different ways I learned so much. From meeting fabulous women who are so happy to share their knowledge and creative ideas, to learning some of our American history - both the good and the bad. I learned about the South, about it's people. I learned about friendship and what a wonderful thing it is. I even learned a few things about traveling and what NOT to do next time! (hehehe).

So here are just a few special moments of my trip.

Meeting Miss Theresa and rooming with Miss Jodie 
The beauty of Savannah . . .

and some of it's history . . . 
One of three very special evenings . . . 
perfect - down to the smallest detail. . . 
this lavish place setting was set for each of us
The adorable Jo Packham, who I never, ever 
dreamed of meeting let alone get to hug! :)
To get to know her on a more personal level . . . 
sigh! just never thought it would happen. 
the SWAP! (GASP!)
then back to the hotel room where Jodie & I 
stayed up until 2 am looking at it all!

Southern finery on our way to another special evening event
And an entirely creative day - albeit a rainy one . . . 
here -
at the Ford Plantation. (And this is the BACK!)
Ahhhh to live in the times of these gowns . . . 
Our wonderful projects. I can't wait to finish mine.
(no - I didn't not finish a single one while I was there.)

It was a special time filled with catching up with old friends, making new friends and creating memories I shall never, ever forget. I cannot wait until next time . . .

But for now, it's off to unload 2 BIG suitcases, overly packed and way too heavy for the airlines liking . . . (big frown), laundry, chores around the house, a bazillion Emails to read and answer (including several from the boss, which leads me realize I have to go back to WORK tomorrow and that'll be another zoo in and of itself) did I mention I have to unpack? But as I do so I will need to treasure each and every item as I unpack it . . . trying to remember and put faces to names again . . .  not to forget photographing it all . . .

Welcome back to the real world Karen!

[signature-1.gif]

25 comments:

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Welcome back dear Karen,
OMG, girl what a fabulous looking event! You must have felt just like a southern belle! I love the pic of you and Jo, so pretty. And that table is set so beautifully! If you go back next year, take me pleeeeze!
Big Hugs,
Cindy

stefanie said...

oh, it sounds sooooooo fun...I can't wait to see more!!!

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

Welcome home...I can't wait to see more. You sound tired...which is to be expected! Talk to you soon!!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Karen, that just sounds like the most fun trip ever and I so love the south and those beautiful dresses and parasols. I am so thrilled you got to go and had such a wonderful time. Your pictures look like such fun. I can't wait to hear more about it. Hugs, Marty

Barb~Bella Vista said...

Hi sweet Karen, so good to have you back. Your pictures are just wonderful....they really allow us to share everything with you!!

You look darling! Can't wait to hear about everything.

Hugs, Barb ♥

Theresa said...

Who are those two cuties? Oh that would be me and Jodie:) Funny thing, meeting you felt like we had lived next door to each other and just met at the fence. Blogging does that to us, doesn't it? I treasure our friendship and we will be OLD and still be friends. I will visit you when I get even a little close to where you are.

I am happy that you enjoyed the event! Sounds like a wonderful time and you made and received wonderful goodies!

Unpack that ginormous suitcase and I learned a good lesson on this trip! "Don't take so many clothes and you won't have so much to unpack, hehe!" I had more to hang back up that I wore:)

Love you my friend! Hugs and a sway!

debi said...

Wow! It looks like you had an absolutely dreamy time! Everything is soooo gorgeous!

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hi Karen, it sounds like you and all of the ladies had such a beautiful time... your photos are great and I can't wait to see the rest and hear about everything... xoxo Julie Marie

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

Savannah is one of my favorite cities and this looks like such fun! I was oooing and ahhing over each picture. I can't wait for more details!

Sue

Our Back Porch said...

Welcome back my sweet friend! I can't wait to hear and see all about it! What I've seen so far looks fabulous!!! So glad to hear you had such a great time.

Huggles,
Rebecca

Ginger said...

Glad you made it home safely and had such a great time. I loved seeing the pictures. You look so cute in the picture.

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Get some rest girl...you sound so tired.

Thanks for being a wonderfully sweet roommate and freezing your ass off just for me :)

Get over the luggage fee...just GET OVER IT!!!! Now you know you need to jump in the Coach next time instead of jet setting ;)

Debby said...

Hi Karen, Your trip looks like it was so amazing. All the pretty goodies, and sight seeing and of course meeting all the fabulous ladies. I am so jealous. I can hardly wait to see your pics and hear more. Bet you had the time of your life with Jodie, she is such a kind soul.
debby

Rachel said...

Karen - so wonderful to meet you in Savannah!! It was such a fun night at the pub with you and Jodie!! Berta as our waitress!! Too fun. Re-entering reality is TOUGH!! Hang in there!!
Hugs
Rachel

~Carrie from Cottage Cozy~ said...

So happy you had such a lovely time...now back to the real world!
Urggg!

Mieke said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun Scarlet... time to become Karen again ;)

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Welcome back home, Miss Karen! I'm kind of inhaling you pictures. It looks and sounds like you had a fabulous time. What sweet pictures of you and Jo and Jodie and Theresa. You all look so happy! The swap items are very pretty. Hopefully you will share some detailed pictures as well. I love the projects you were working on. The parasols are so sweet and the framed collages are beautiful! That Ford plantation looks awesome and it must have been wonderful to be there.
What a shame that you can't relax for some days but have get back to work. Hopefully your boss will have some sympathy when you still have Savannah in mind.
Have a great day, girl!
Big hugs,
Julia
Have a great da

Cassandra said...

Karen your photos are lovely! I SO ENJOYED MEETING YOU! What a great time. It was wonderful having you at the table with me. I hope to see you again one day.

Hugs
Cassandra

twinkleshabbystar said...

Karen, thank you sweet sweet friend for your beautiful kind praises! I am OVERJOYED that you had a FABULOUS weekend! I appreciate you seeing the beauty in everything...even to the last detail! Love to you!! XOXO,Jenn

Nina Diane said...

welcome back Karen! So glad you enjoyed your trip. The south is just awesome huh? looks and sounds like a fabulous time was had by all.

Charlene said...

Karen, I LOVED the time we got to spend together!!!! Meeting you & Jodie & the fun we had will be in my mind as I try to get back to "real life". Bummer... I want to go back to FUN everyday! Did everything arrive in those over packed suitcases? It should after what you had to pay to get them back! Mine looks to be fine 7 now I will be to the store replacing the glue that I had to throw away. Hope we get together again soon. Charlene

Cozy Little House said...

Honey, you just have entirely too much fun! No, I want you to have lots more. You can't have TOO much fun!
Brenda

Elyse said...

oh karen,

how fun! it looks like it was such a fabulous time! thank you for sharing your great pics! how great to me jo, ganky, and so many others!!!

xo
elyse

Sheri said...

Welcome back, Karen! And thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures. I'll give you and my Fairy Blog Mother a few days for your feet to get back on the ground.

I sure hope you're going to share some pictures of your gifts! I can't wait to see what others made.

Blessings!

Holly Loves Art said...

Hi Karen,
Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous photos! I've so much enjoyed popping from blog to blog and reading all about Jenn's event. It looks amazing! I'm so glad you had fun!

Will you be coming to Kim Caldwell's Le Sirenes event this summer? It's going to be incredible.

Also... I got such a kick out seeing your funny doggies getting into trouble. They are so darn adorable. Love the pictures.

Take care,
Holly