Monday, May 3, 2010

Another year older . . .

Yesterday was my birthday. I got to do anything I wanted. Sigh.

Hubbie got up early and took the dogs out so I could sleep a  little later. WOW! I can't think of the last time I slept past 6:30. He made a pot of coffee, unloaded the dishwasher . . . started a load of laundry . . .  I tell ya! The good life. THEN! He went to my favorite little fast food place, a little place called Angelo's and bought breakfast. You know - the kind you really shouldn't eat because it's loaded with calories. BUT I ATE IT. Eggs over medium, bacon, hash browns and toast. He had pancakes instead of toast and I got a few bites of his too. This meal is so big, it took me THREE hours to eat it, but I did! It's just sooooo good. Then he made Bloody Mary's . . . my husband is the Bloody Mary KING. 4 olives - garlic stuffed olives . . . yum! Once again it took me THREE hours to drink it - but I did! :)
Then it was present time! :). Truthfully - he couldn't wait until my birthday to give me my gift. You see, he went to our local GORGEOUS outdoor mall called Victoria's Garden and stood in line for 2 1/2 hours on Friday at the Apple store to be one of the first to buy a 3G iPad. When it was confirmed he was guaranteed them (you could buy two) he called saying "Happy Birthday!" This is what we gave each other this year. iPads.
OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS! 
What an amazing little piece of electronic wizardry. 
And he got me a cute pink case to hold it in.
This is what I love. The books. This is my "library" so far. 
You literally turn the pages by swiping your finger from right to left.
My free book was Winnie the Pooh!
No more reading glasses!
Amazing. Now I can play my on-line scrabble game with LARGE print . . . by the way - that game is so flippin' addicting . . . once you start . .

Sigh. Perfect. Brandon gave me a $50 iTunes gift card to buy some books with . . . and Justin gave me 3 dies for the new Sizzix machine I bought last week. LOVE IT!

My friend Jeanne . . . well . . . wait'll you check this out. Remember I told you we kind of spruced our patio? She gave me this . . . to serve in elegance!
She always puts fresh flowers from her garden on my gifts.
LOVE THAT!
 I had to lean it up against my dining room table 
just so you could see how LARGE this is. 
This tray is GORGEOUS!
It is HUGE. But not that heavy. 
Here I put my wine decanter on it so you could get an idea
of how big it is. Stunning. Sigh. Can't wait to serve appetizers
and a great bottle of wine with it. 
COME ON OVER!!!!! :)
Finally - Miss Jodie's. Now I told her no birthday~
but she wouldn't listen. (Just remember Jodie - payback)

Are you ready. Ya'll are going to swoon, so you might as well
go get the smelling salts now . . . 
I plunked my rear on the floor in front of
the french doors in the dining room
where the afternoon light was just awesome!
Oh yeah!!!! That's what I'm talkin' about!

I think this "snack" is my very favorite.
And let me tell you - it was a hard decision . . .
LOVE these tags!
Can you say YUM? Sigh. Oh my gosh . . . I was
just over the top when I unwrapped this.
I told you you'd swoon!

It smelled so good . . . 
This is some bees body butter. It smells . . . very citrusy.

Almost died here . . .
Seriously  . . . 
Started cracking up here. Jeanne and I always compare
ourselves to Lucy and Ethel. 
I am a HUGE Lucy fan! Loved this.
"Chop Chop"??? Uhhhhhh . . . I don't think so!
I know - it just keeps coming . . . 
Ok ~ for real - go get the smelling salts . . . 
I TOLD YOU!!!!!!
One  yard each of the most awesome 
VERY vintage velvet you'll ever see.
And the green ribbon? TO DIE FOR!!
All neatly twirled together and placed in this decanter. Sigh.
The back of my little pillow I showed you at the beginning.
Perfect. Just perfect. I mean . . . is this not perfect?
TOO MUCH!!!! But perfect.
Thank you Jodie. 
You almost gave me a heart attack.
But I love each and every gift.

So when the presents were opened, we went out to dinner. Hubbie kinda goofed and hadn't made reservations at my favorite restaurant ~ The Summit House ~ and when he tried they were already full. (Hello? DUH!) We wouldn't've been able to eat until 8:45 - well that's just a little too late for me. So - second choice . . . Flemings out in Victoria's Gardens. Sat at the bar with the boys (kind of strange ~ drinking with your kids ~ we haven't done this since my youngest turned 21.) LOVED IT! Had a fabulous dinner . . . we all PIGGED OUT . . . and then walked around the mall to wear it off.

A great day. Had by all. 

May is our big birthday month with the DeCapite family. We celebrate five of us! We're all getting together next weekend on Mother's Day to continue. And you know how it is - friends take you out to lunch . . . it'll go on forever. LOVE THAT! SO I'm looking forward to a very special month of May.

Thanks for letting me share my day with you. Perfect . . . 

XOXOXO
[signature-1.gif]

29 comments:

Debra@Common Ground said...

Hi Karen, what an amazing BirthDay you had! Loved seeing Jodie's goodies for you. And what a wonderful husband you have!
Hugs and Blessings!
xo,
Debra

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh Karen, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! I am so happy you had a great day and your presents are all to die for. Sounds like the perfect day. DH was really great too. So I am singing now "Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you." Love ya. Hugs, Marty

Theresa said...

WOW, what a birthday you had young lady! Sounds like a wonderful day and LOADS of gifts. Ipad? You are spoiled rotten:)

Jodie sure sent a box load of goodies! I am saying... as you would say "flipin wonderful"! Love to you my friend! Have a blessed day and enjoy all of the after parties too:) BIG hugs!

zandra said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Karen! Wow, what a great day. And how sweet is that Jodie! You must rate...she gave up her velvet ribbon stash! ;o)
The classes look awesome and looks like you all had a blast!
Hugz, Z

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Happy Birthday my Dear friend...what a fun day you had and look at all the goodies you got WOW!! I pray all is well on your piece of Calif. friend...a BIG ole birthday hu to you girl...Love, Gl♥ria

stefanie said...

I think you just had the best!!!! birthday EVER!!!!!!!! good for u!!!!

Dawn said...

Wow, Queen for the Day! What a wonderful birthday. You're going to need to expand your craftroom to showcase all your lovlies!
Hugs,
Dawn

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

Looks like a lot of wonderful presents...I know you will put them to good use, when you can bring yourself to using them!

Get that tray ready...I amm working on that visit!!

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

I'm so happy you had such a wonderful birthday Karen. A dinner with Mark and boys sounded wonderful, along with a cool iPad is like a cherry on top!
Enjoy your goodies...or yur scrabble games...whichever one you are playing with at the moment ;)

Blondie's Journal said...

Such a fabulous birthday, Karen! You were truly pampered and those are the best!! I love all of your pretty gifts and the IPad is awesome!! Lucky girl!!

Happy Birthday, my friend!!!

xoxo
Janie

Debby said...

WOW!!!! This is like the perfect day! So many beautiful treasures from Jodie, all so yummy! And an ipad from your husband, awesome. Breakfast, cocktails, dinner, does it get better than this. I always love to say it is my birhtday month and it sounds like that is exactly what you will have. Enjoy and a Happy Birthday.
Debby

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

That sounds like a perfect day. Love all of your goodies, love that those you love treated you special!

Sue

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Wonderful gifts, Karen!

A belated Happy Birthday!

Mieke said...

What a yummie birthday you had.I can only add a Big Hugh!

Joyce said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day filled with lots of special treats...Happy Birthday!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

You hit the jackpot girlfriend! Hubby really spoiled you, that is so sweet! I just love all the pretty girly gifts you received! May is our birthday month too. Both of my kids have May B-Days and numerous nieces and nephews as well as two of my brothers. May is a glorious month isn't it!
Hugs,
Cindy

Shelia said...

Hi Karen and a belated Happy Birthday! Oh, I think you had a marvelous time! Your goodies are wonderful! What a nice hubby to let you sleep in and bring you breakfast!
So glad your day was great!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Shelley said...

Happy birthday dear Karen!!! Your hubby is a keeper - he definitely knows how to treat his wife well on her special day! Glad you got all those wonderful presents - I know you deserved them!
Big Birthday Hugs,
Shelley

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

Happy Birthday! What gifts you received. I'm addicted to playing scrabble on Facebook. Maybe I should think about an ipad. Hope your birthday month is really blessed!

debi said...

WOW!! Look at all those beautiful birthday gifts! It sounds like you got the royal treatment yesterday. What a sweet hubby to bring you breakfast. I'm glad you had a great birthday, Karen.
Hugs, Debi

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Hi, sweet Karen! I'm happy to hear that you had such a lovely birthday with wonderful gifts and delicious food! Miss Jodie's package had been so full of yumminess (I guess that's even not a word but who cares, lol). No wonder that you had been so excited and over the moon. I would have flipped out as well. Have fun playing with all those beautiful goodies!
Big hugs,
Julia

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hi Karen, wow, sounds like you had a beautiful birthday! That breakfast sounds soo yummy! And I love all of your gifts... your hubby sounds great! May is a celebration month for my family too, next week it is my birthday as well as my brother in law's on the same day, nephew in law's birthday, Mother's Day, so many fun things in May... we start celebrating early... sounds like your celebration is still going! Happy Birthday to You! xoxo Julie Marie

Elyse said...

hi karen and happy belated birthday!

it looks like you had a wonderful day, beginning with that breakfast - mmmm! (i love those kinds of breakfasts)

enjoy all of your sweet treats and blessings.

xo
elyse

Nina Diane said...

well first, I don't know how I missed your birthday so HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLIE!! And wow, sounds like an awesome one....glad you have fun and what a wonderful hubby!!

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

Hi there Karen! What a perfectly wonderful day you had! Happy belated Birthday by the way!! Loved all your awesome gifts!! That iPad with the pretty pink cover is awesome!! Yay!! Have a great rest of the week! Hugs!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hey Karen,
I was just thinking of you. Oh, I would love to come the end of July. I will put my thinking cap on. Maybe I can sell my plasma or something to make extra money. hehe. Just kidding. On a bright note.... Katie had an ultrasound yesterday and she is having a baby girl!!! I am so happy about that. If she ends up being a single mom I think having a girl might make it easier.
Hugs dear friend,
Cindy

Lynn Stevens said...

Karen,
Tou are one lucky Lady, Whta a wonderful Birthday that was!!! Such a DH to think of everything(except the reservation)LOL but he made it up with everything else. and your friends oh my. What wonderful gifts. I'm drooling all over my keyboard.

I came by to Thank you for following me and posting about my giveaway on your blog. Thank you so much. You now have 3 entries. Who knows maybe you'll have another Bithday gift in the mail soon!
hugs Lynn

Tracychele @ The Week-Ender said...

Hi Karen. Happy Belated Birthday! I love your new Ipad. I have a Sony Reader and I really love it. Mom is so addicted to the scrabble game with you. She just spurts out words out of the blue, like when she watches Wheel of Fortune. Too Funny. I LOVE all the gifts. That tray is divine! Have a great evening.

Tracychele @ The Week-Ender said...

Umm. I am not new to this or anything! Blogger gave me some message and said my request could not be processed, so I sent it again!!! Sorry if you get it several times! :)