Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Blown away . . .

There aren't very many times I get "blown away" by the generosity of others.
Today ~ I was blown away.

To begin with, on Saturday my lovin' mailman brought me a package. Now - I had wanted to PURCHASE this from my lovely friend Tiffany, from her Etsy shop! I was so excited to find this piece, I've been looking for something with all the character this has, and to actually FIND it ~ I was thrilled. I told my oldest son "I found your birthday gift to me if you are interested . . ." which he was thrilled about. Until I got an Email from my lovely friend saying "NOPE! I credited your account back - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Well I screamed and ranted and raved (does that really affect anyone via Email?) and she proceeded to laugh and say "Enjoy!" So finally ~ I gave in - and I am LOVING THIS!
This is a vintage box. 
I'm not exactly sure what it is made of. It's kind of heavy - but it's not porcelain. 
It's very smooth and soft.
I love everything about this box and what's inside.
Every crack, every rip in the fabric, every stain.
Doesn't it remind you of Currier and Ives?
My FAVORITE winter scene . . . 

Inside. Sigh. If you only knew how long I've been looking 
for the perfect set . . . 
I love the colors and the details. . . 
I love that is it broken. 
It just might mean that someone
had two young boys like mine and they needed a lovetap. 
Or . . . newlyweds had their first fight 
and she threw the brush at him as he makes a 
beeline for the door out of their bedroom;
Who knows?
Thank you Tiffany. Thank you ~ thank you!
But I WILL see you in September and
remember - payback is . . . well ~ you know what they say!

NEXT! This one made me cry.
I recently shared with you my Tussie Mussie Swap. I was partnered with Patty from Bloomin in Kansas. We had such a fun time! It was just wonderful getting to meet her and learn all about her, and it turns out her daughter also, because that was how I stalked Patty, through her daughter. Patty doesn't blog much . . .

Well today~ in my mailbox~ was a white gift box. All the way from Kansas. Hmmmm . . . what is she up to now?
This envelope with a lovely note tucked inside . . . 
Looks like Miss Patty went shopping!
I'm ready for a day of shopping myself in my pink blouse,
with my pink earrings and calla lily brooch,
carrying my new bag with my new handkerchief tied around it 
and my new note pad inside!


A beautiful plate ~ 
I placed it right next to my favorite picture of my Mom.
And this little framed print
Thank you Patty. You "blew me away".  I just love you . . . 

Let's see. This is the third time a lovely blogging friend has made me cry. Back in December when Miss Theresa gave me a Christmas ornament with my Mom's picture in it; about two weeks ago when Miss Rebecca sent me my beautiful Savannah journal, and now this from Miss Patty.

And finally - this was a treat of all treats . . . because I just love this woman.
A long distance Peonie. LOVE IT!!!!
This is a birthday card from my friend Mieke. She lives in Belgium. 
I've followed her blog for . . . forever. 
She's been there pretty much since the beginning 
along with Theresa, GingerCeeKay and Cindy.
The best part? I've met each and every one of these ladies.

I hope to someday get to meet Mieke too! What fun!

Hmmmm . . . Belgium . . . I wonder how much it would cost me to take 2 suitcases - loaded with treasures of course - home from there! LOL!

Just had to share my special things. I'm just so Blessed to have all of you in my life now. Isn't all of this just AWESOME? The people we meet, the places we get to go, the things we get to do . . . all because of a {{BLAWG!}} LOL.

Have a good evening everyone! Hugs!
[signature-1.gif]

21 comments:

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

AAAH how sweet!!
You are very loved my dear! Karen, your gifts are so lovely, enjoy! And my mind is in overdrive trying to figure how I am going to get out there come the end of July!
That winter scene is sooo you!
Hugs,
Cindy

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

Wonderful gifts my friend. I know you will enjoy them!

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hi Karen, what absolutely beautiful gifts from your blogger friends... so much fun receiving "surprise" packages in the mail, and it looks like you were surprised alot! Happy birthday to you! xoxo Julie Marie

Beth A. said...

Friends really make our life special and by the looks of your gifts and wishes, you have some great friends! Have a great week!

June said...

Well you really made out for your birthday girl. So happy for you Karen, it couldn't have happened to a cooler person. I am so coveting that chest with the dresser set!!!!
hugs

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Hi Karen, I'm so happy for you that you have received all those wonderful and thoughtful gifts! You deserve being so spoiled! Enjoy all the lovely goodies!
Good night and sleep well, girl!
Big hugs,
Julia

Mimi said...

Hi Karen!!!
First off I am glad I am not the only one that says to her darling son, if you want to know what to get me for birthday/mother's day it is this....I know he would rather me tell him then he guess or call me or ask his sisters etc.!!!!
SO I am so happy to hear this!!!!
I often think I sound so ....well spoiled!!!!I would really not care if he got me nothing, I say ALl I really want is a homemade card with a very personal story or message in it, I have gotten a few of those!!!!
So I love that box, that is indeed a treasure, it reminds me of that movie/book the Gift of the Magi????
remember that one????
great friends are so loving and so giving!!!!
Hugs to you my sweet friend,
jamie

debi said...

Wow! You've received some really beautiful gifts. I really LOVE the pretty box with the hairbrush and mirror.

Theresa said...

Girl, you are spoiled rotten with all those WONDERFUL gifts! I am thinking about intercepting your mailman and forwarding all gifts to ME:) Love it all but the mirror is my favorite! Isn't it sweet to love something even when it was broken? I just love it! Have a blessed day sweet Karen!

Hey, this time zone thing is interfering with our game:) Hugs!

Manuela@TPOH said...

That's so sweet! Those are all such wonderful thoughtful gifts. That winter scene does remind me of Currier&Ives!-Just amazing.

Manuela

Barb~Bella Vista said...

Karen, sweet gifts for a sweet lady. So precious.

Hugs, Barb ♥

Attic Charm said...

Funny, I had admired that box in Tiffany's shop also, it's so lovely.. I think it is just perfect for you and so sweet of Tiffany to surprise you for your birthday - happy belated birthday!!

Anne - Fiona and Twig said...

Hi Karen!
What a thoughtful friend! Aren't bloggers just wonderful?

I wanted to thank for the wonderfully thoughtful comments you left on my last post, they really did mean so much to me.

All the best,
Anne

Debby said...

Hi Karen, you are spoiled, spoiled, spoiled. Everything is gorgeous.
Debby

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Your box is beautiful! It is made of celluloid. I am looking for one in our antique malls, but they are always very expensive. Your's is one of the prettiest and nicest I've seen. Have a great day! Twyla

Heidi Meyer said...

OOOH, Happy Belated Birthday! Such sweet and pretty birthday goodies! I am glad to hear you have had a fun time celebrating. Big birthday hugs from me! xoxoxo's Heidi

Cottage Way of Life said...

That box is pretty fabulous, and how wonderful to receive so much love from friends!

CARMELINA LOUNSBURY said...

Hi Karen,
I followed your link on over from Debi of Life in my studio....

i'm now your follower...

come by anytime!
ciao bella
creative carmelina

Natasha said...

You must be loved for sure! What beautiful gifts. I hope your birthday was very special.

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Cynthia K. said...

Happy Beautiful Birthday Week!! Sounds like you are continuing to receive lots of Bday love and gifts - that's wonderful! I nearly swooned when you opened the beautiful box and I saw what was inside - just stunning!! It does look like Currier and Ives on the lid.

Cynthia K. (Beauty and Blessings)

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Good Morning my Dear friend...girl I love your "celluloid" vanity set how pretty is that...Very collectable my friend...look it up online to read about it...I pray all is well in your side of Calif today my Friend...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria