Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Day!

It was a beautiful day at the beach . . . just COLD! The Moms froze to death while eating our wonderful lunch made by all the guys (while they ate inside) and served to us out here on the patio.
But it was so pretty, and the swallows 
(you've heard of the swallows of San Juan Capistrano right?) 
darted all about. They are so fun to watch.
But they are fast - couldn't catch a clear shot of them.
It sure looked like a storm was moving in - 
but by 7:00 when we left to go home, the wind had 
kicked up and blown all the clouds away.
Back inside - Gramma opened her Mother's Days gifts -
She never stopped smiling yesterday and I had 
to get the one shot of her not smiling . . . she loves it
when she has all of her family home.
 Then Mother's Day cards were opened . . . 
this is Mark's sister Lisa on the right, she had just gotten off
work at the hospital and joined us in her scrubs.
Her birthday was back in March - we celebrated it yesterday.
Grandpa's birthday was in April. 
"what did you get Grandpa?" says Zack, my youngest nephew.
And happy birthday to my SIL Christie.
(Her and I are the "out-laws")
This is her and her youngest, Zack and her husband Chris
- Mark's little brother. Christie will turn FORTY next week.
I teased her RELENTLESSLY yesterday :) LOL
Me and Brandon - my oldest. 
He will turn 25 next week . . . MAN!
(I had to wear my jacket - I was freezing.)
Our nephew "lil" Chris (Lisa's son) and Brandon. 
Chris' birthday is end of May, he'll be 19. 
All the birthdays! Happy birthday to all of us!
We tried to figure out who would blow out the candles,
and came up with Christie and I, because our birthdays
were exactly 8 days before and after  yesterday.
(did you follow that?)
Brandon looks like he was pouting, huh?
He wasn't really . . .   :) 
And finally the traditional picture of the 5 grandsons
on the stairway. We have this same shot of all the
boys ever since the three oldest were about 13.
Love it!

Happy Day!!!

Off to work . . . have a wonderful week everyone!
[signature-1.gif]




13 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh Karen, you all look so good and like you were having such a wonderful time. The pool area is fabulous. I sure miss having a pool. Just sounds like such a wonderful day with family. Hope your day is a super one. Hugs, Marty

sissie said...

Hi Karen,
It's so lovely around the pool, even though it was cold, it is still a great place to be with your family.

And, what a lovely family you have.
Wonderful photos of wonderful memories.

hugs
Sissie

stefanie said...

how fun...family and the beach!!!

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hi Karen, what a beautiful family you have... looks like you all had a wonderful celebration of Mother's Day and birthdays... I have been to San Juan Capistrano and LOVE the swallows... they are returning here right now, and we have had many nests on our homes out of their mud, and always leave them up for them to raise their young... soon I will post some pics of two of the babies that were born on our porch... love to you... xoxo Julie Marie

Theresa said...

Looks like loads of fun to me:) I love the pictures of all you Birthday folks and the boys on the steps is great! I love pictures that you take year after year!

Have a blessed day my friend! Hope is a great one! HUGS!

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

Oh how fun...I really missed having a big family thing yesterday. You have some handsome young men in your family, love the stair shot! I'm glad you had a fun day:)

Sue

Heidi Meyer said...

Happy Mother's Day to you Karen! Everyone looks like they had a great time. {HUGS} Heidi

Shelley said...

You have a wonderful family - all beautiful smiles! That pool looks like it should be in a luxurious resort! I'm bringing my bathing suit and I'll be right over!

Shabby Kim said...

Happy Belated Birthday Karen.. I celebrated my birthday on May 3rd, just one day after yours. Looks like you had a wonderful time with your family and the location is spectacular even if it was cold where you were. It's been cold here in Minnesota as well and some parts of the state even saw SNOW over the weekend. YIKES!! At least it stayed away from the suburbs of Minneapolis where I live. Take care and have a great week.

Kim

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

What nice pics Karen!!
I always love seeing family pics and you have a beautiful family!
That view, oh my, I want to be there you know. Your MIL's home looks really lovely, but especially that outdoor area! I loved your note, you always crack me up girl! Yes, I am California Dreamin! Ha!
Hugs,
Cindy

Mieke said...

You are so sweet to share all these lovely family pictures with us. We have two birthdays coming up this month too, and the weather is too cold for this time of the year ... always fun to find things aren't so different at the other side of the world.

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Hi, dear Karen, You had such a wonderful family get-together. "Happy Birthday" to all the birthday girls and guys! Wow, what a gorgeous pool area and a breathtaking view. The picture of the 5 guys on the stairway is really sweet.
Have a great day!
Big hugs,
Julia

Diane said...

Hope you had a Wonderful Mothers Day! Stop On Over I'm having a Virtual Baby Shower for my daughter Breezy, games and prizes, would love to see you there! Let's Get This Party Started!! Hugs, Diane