Saturday, May 1, 2010

A little bit of this . . . and a little bit of that . . .

Before I left for Savannah, my Mailman was showing me some love! The day before I left ~ this arrived. My two-time swap partner ~ Rebecca from Our Back Porch made it for me. She said she didn't want me to forget a single moment of my wonderful adventure.
She made this little journal for me
Look at the beautiful 
Southern Belle 
and all the detail! It is a work of art!
It was so sweet of her to think of 
me ~ and so unexpected. 
What a fun surprise!
Love you Rebecca! Thank you so much. 

Remember I promised to show you what was in this adorable pink fabric bag? Well, it's time! 
LOVE the outside! It is sooooooo pretty!
Started by pulling out some fabric . . . 
Yummy fabric . . . 
Here is where the "little bit of this 
and  a . . . " comes in 



Too cute!
front
back

Love this!!!
Adorable Heather from Pretty Petals gave us goodies!
Too sweet!
A little bit of this
A little bit of that . . . 

And finally - sitting at each of our 
place settings was this . . .
From Miss Jo Packham of WWW. 
A bookmark! How sweet!
Where Women Create
Jo was signing her latest book called "Where Women Create ~ Book of Inspiration". I took my only copy back and had Jo sign it for my friend Joy. To my surprise ~ my roommate ~ Miss Jodie ~ gave me a copy of the book and had Jo sign it for me! I was so excited! What is so cool about this is ~ my friend Joy gave a signed copy of Jo's first book "Where Women Create" for Christmas. So now I have both awesome books! LOVE THEM!


I know I said I was going to post the swaps - but that will be next. And tomorrow I'M OFF! It's my birthday and I'm going to spend the day with my hubbie and kids. Then we are off to my very favorite restaurant The Summit House in Brea for a fabulous dinner! YUM!


I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday, and I'll be sure to post my FABULOUS gift from Jodie! Sigh! CANNOT WAIT! It's killin' me sitting on the dining room table OPEN! I have not so much as peeked! I deserve major brownie points for that!!


Love to you all! 
[signature-1.gif]

20 comments:

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Happy Birthday my dear sweet friend!
You really hit the jackpot there too! I just adore that journal and all the other goodies. So much gorgeous pink! Sounds like you have a fun day planned too. Enjoy it!
Hugs,
Cindy

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh, I forgot. Today is my daughter Katies birthday. We celebrated yesterday. She is 20. Amazing that time goes so fast.
Cindy

Theresa said...

Oh my what wonderful goodies, I am so jealous that I missed all of this:) I can't wait to see what you got from our sweet friend, Jodie! I know it will be great and to get you the book, signed... wow! Enjoy your Birthday my friend! I hope it is perfect in every way!

Love you bunches,

Theresa

Julie Ann said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Oooh- that journal is GORGEOUS!!!! I hope you have lots of happy memories to put in it :) I can't wait to see Jodie's gift for you!!!!

Beth A. said...

Happy Birthday! Wish you many more!

Dawn said...

Happy Birthday dear Karen! Hope you have a wonderful time.
Hugs,
Dawn

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

What a beautiful journal! Rebecca has spoiled you, Karen! That was a real sweet idea! The goodies in the bag are wonderful! I'm still amazed how much work had been put into all the decoration and the gifts for this event.
Well, it's not midnight in CA yet, so I wait with my birthday wishes and will send you a private e-mail later ...
Have a good night and sweet dreams, girl!
Big hugs,
Julia

Mimi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO A VERY SWEET FRIEND
enjoy your special day!!!!
Those gifts are amazing!!!Is that silhoutte, one she made for you or a generic one???
I would love to get some silhouttes made from pics, does she do that????
just wondering!!!
Lovely trip, so fun, wish I had come along!!!!
hugs,
jamie

Sandy said...

Beautiful treasures! Enjoy your day.

June said...

Oh that journal and your bag of treats are awesome.
Have the happiest Birthday Karen and have a great time with your family!
hugs

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

Happy Birthday my friend. Have a wonderful day and eat some cake for me!!

Oliva said...

Happy Birthday! Your so blessed by having so many talented, creative and thoughtful friends. TFS

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Happy Birthday Karen!!!!
Hve a wonderful day!!!

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

What a fabulous bunch of goodies! And what a thoughtful gift the journal is....just incredibly thoughtful!

Happy birthday Karen...may this day bring you all that you deserve!

Connie said...

H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y!!!!

Love ya,

Connie

debi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAREN!!!
I hope your day was wonderful!

I love all your goodies...so yummy!

Debby said...

Happy Birthday Karen! Hope your day was filled with all beautiful things. I just love that sweet journal and all the other beautiful gifts, gorgoeus.
debby

Shelley said...

Great goodies! I need to find friends like yours!! :-)

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love, love your blog....What font do you use...Its one of my favorites...Sunday evening blog hopping.....
Have 2 great giveaways that I am drawing for on late tonight.....
Hope you will stop by.
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/2010/04/oh-happy-day-and-giveway-no-two.html

Heidi Meyer said...

Happy Birthday! I am so glad we had the chance to meet at such a memorable event. I love being about to relive the moment in everyone's pics {sigh}, lol! big HUGS, Heidi