Saturday, May 29, 2010

A Bloggers Sorority???


While at work the other day, my friend Jeanne's daughter Amy blasted through the room. This is a common occurrence now since she has moved back home for the summer. She attends USC and will be a Senior next year. Exciting stuff!

I love Miss Amy like she were mine. (I secretly wish she and my oldest would get together - but . . . do not envision it happening.) I've watched her blossom from a little Alice in Wonderland in first grade, to a beautiful and kind young woman.


But the new thing I've watched with her this past year is this ~ she joined a sorority. She shares an apartment with 3 of her sorority sisters and she is just having a ball. And it reminded me of someone.

Me. I'm having a ball with all of you!

It's like we have a sorority too! I guess the closest thing  to one I've ever experienced would be the PTA. Those women, all 60 some odd of them, over the 6 years I was immersed in it; were incredible.

And now I have all of you! :)

Don't you think we have a special something 
between all of us? 



I mean, we visit each other sometimes daily - we know each other's family and pets. We go on vacation with each other, and share our hopes and dreams. We are there for each other no matter what ~ no matter when.  Some of us have been fortunate enough to have met one another. At the very least - talk on the phone. We share our creations, our homes, our visions. Don't you think this is an awesome thing we have going?

So I think we should create 
our very own "Sorority".

I'm not quite sure how far I want to take this . . . so I'm open for suggestions. I've been thinking about it for the past couple of days, and mentioned it to a few friends to see what they thought. We could name our sorority, I can have a button made, and we can proclaim our special "sorority day" by having a special blog party. I have some ideas, but would love to hear what the rest of you think about this idea?

Please Email me or comment on this post as to what you think! I can't wait to hear from you!  I'll be reading them over the next week or so to see what transpires. And I'll let you know!



Have a safe and Happy Memorial Day.

xoxox

[signature-1.gif]

25 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm in!!!

Charlene said...

Karen, Thank you so much for your sweet comments about my jewelry! You should take a class with Diana there in California! She is a wonderful teacher. Maybe we could go to one together sometime. I need to come back to that area. I was hoping in the fall maybe????? I thought about extending when I was out for Kim's Event in July but, hubby will be off more then & I should get back to do some stuff with him. AND IT WOULD BE MUCH WARMER in July. Well, maybe not. I remember last year we were there during June Gloom & wore jackets more than once. LOVED the photos of the trip you took to the winery. Looked divine! Can't wait to see you again soon. HUGS! Charlene

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Ok, since I am already your Sorority sister, I think we should make it official. So I want to be part of the group. Sounds like so much fun. So figure out a great name for us and let me know what I need to do. I can't wait until our trip. It will be so much fun. Hugs, Marty

Theresa said...

Well, you know I am "skeered" but I will follow your lead:) You are my precious friend and I will join this sorority! Hey, we can call it "Scrabble":) Love you!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Hey girl I'm in...we could call ourselfs the Bag ladies...which stands for "Bargains At Goodwill" as you and I both know Marty is the queen of that..ha ha!! Hope your having a GREAT hoilday my Dear friend...Hugs and smiles...Gl♥ria

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hear,Hear Karen girl!
I'm game! I love parties and since I never got to join a sorority I am ready for one now!
My mind is blank for a name (maybe the society of blog sisters) hehe.
Oh, and we could wear togo's! Remmember animal house? Oh, that was a frat. No frat's for us!
Hope your weekend is going well,
Hugs, Cindy

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

I am in too!! A name??? As long as wrinkle, celulite, and double chin isn't in the name...I'm good!!

Collected Treasures...for the home, heart & soul said...

Okay....if we are the society of blog sisters....does that make us "S.O.B.S"? Sorry, but couldn't resist.....be interesting to see where this goes.....:)
xojana

Our Back Porch said...

Oh Karen. I think this is a FUN idea! Count me in, my dear friend!

Hugs,
Rebecca

Mieke said...

This sounds exciting!

Bryanna Lenan said...

Cute idea... I still talk to my soriorty sisters and it has been many many years!! I think a blog soriority would be fun!!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Sounds like fun to me -- yes, I've grown very fond of many of my blogging sisters.

sissie said...

Count me in too, because I'm already a sorority sister and I agree with Marty.

Sounds like so much fun and I think you need to give us a name or have a name contest and a button suggestion.

I'm in, just let me know when the party begins.

hugs
Sissie

debi said...

I would love to be a sorority sister!! That sounds like great fun!
What can I do to help?

Debby said...

OH!!!! This sounds so amazing, I would love be part of a blogging sorority!!! I am game..Hope you had a great weekend.
Hugs,
Debby

Mimi said...

HI KAREN!!!!
OF course I AM IN!!!!!I have always wanted to be in a sorority, my daughters were so why not mom?????
I love this idea!!!!
A Name, well I will have to think about that one!!!!But I am sure we will come up with something cute and clever!!!!!
We are here for each other for sure!!!!
and I do enjoy knowing things about all of you!!!!!
this group is the best!!!!
hugs,
jamie

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

A sorority sounds wonderful, Karen! I'm looking forward to hearing more about your ideas.

Diana said...

Our blog sisters are certainly that "Sisters". I am so pleased to have discovered you through Charlene's blog and include you as one of my new blog sisters. I would love to have you in a class some day. Hope you are enjoying your holiday weekend.
Tootles
Diana

Heidi Meyer said...

So sweet of you Karen! I think a blog sorority sounds like so much fun! I agree, I have met so many wonderful people through blogging - like an online sisterhood. What do you think about a fun kickoff swap? Can't wait to see what you come up with. xoxoxo Heidi

Shanda said...

I sure do think us bloggers have something special in common. Its so much better than sitting in front of a tv and watching junk. I love the thought of sharing lives, we do know alot about each other and its really bad when your husband who doesn't blog; knows who you are talking about. Funny, but great friendships still.

Elyse said...

hi karen,

we definitely do have something special going on here and it's awesome!

happy june ~*~

xo
elyse

Nancy's Notes said...

Sounds like fun, count me in!

Nancy

Thespa McLaughlin said...

I'm glad to have found you Karen, you sound just like me, an ADD Crafter. I love doing all different things and I have a blog for just about everything, I'm signed up in the Sorority and I think its a great idea. And Colorado is the place I want to live, I'm in Arkansas right now but went to CO when I was a teenager and always wanted to move there. It's a beautiful place. Although Arkansas is too, and we have four seasons, LOL. Anyway just wanted to say thanks for inviting everyone into your sorority. Have fun with it and good luck!

Anitra Cameron said...

Just saw this on dear MizMollye's page, and had to come see what you were all about. I'd love to join, if you'll have me!

Apron Senorita said...

Just found your blog. I've added your button to my blog and I'm now following. Glad to join in.

Yoli :)