Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Old Friends and ?????

Yesterday, I met for lunch with a group of gals whom I have now known since my oldest was in Kindergarten, that would be 1990. These are the gals who I think I will always stay in touch with. You know? Even if it is only once a year . . . we'll always stay in touch.
(l to r - me, Connie, Jeanne, Theresa, Laura (seated), Debbie, Tricia, Diane, Susan)

We were all in PTA together, for years and years, through thick and through thin, and we played Bunco once a month, for years and years. We've had babies, watched them grow up and for about half of us, watched them marry and begin their own family. (Some of us are still waiting for that one!) Our glue is one gal - Laura - who had to move away to Dallas when her "kindergartener" finished 5th grade. But she has come back every year since and we all meet for lunch. Most of us are still local in the city where we raised our families, or close by like me; one of us is about an hour away.
We were commenting about how we all still look the same. Well, as along as we leave our reading glasses in our purses and don't look too close. LOL. 20 years will do that to you . . . we had a fun time!

On another note . . . I have a new baby! 
And yup! She's RED!
Isn't she cute?
(look at all that rear cargo space!)
She is a Cadillac SRX Crossover.
Love the two seat long sun roof! 
It is AWESOME!
Good thing Saturday is almost here . . . 
I smell a good yard sale with 
something BIG that I need to buy!

I cannot express my gratitude for everyone's thoughts, ideas, prayers, hugs and stories of their own regarding my silly feet. Thank you - each one of you. What a silly thing to complain about huh? But who better to listen than all of you! Cause that's what we bloggers do. Sigh. I'm so glad I have all of you for my support group.  

Life is so good right now. I'm looking forward to whatever is right around the corner.

Hugs to all!
[signature-1.gif]

18 comments:

Kimberly said...

Love the car! good luck with it!

Theresa said...

Love the new ride, my friend! Hot... like the owner:) Have a great day, hope your feet are doing OK today! HUGS!

Heather said...

love the new car!!!! Glad you had a great time with your friends!!

Joyce said...

ooh, enjoy your new car...I have an X3 and it has the super long sunroof too-I love it!

How fun to have that longtime group of friends. That is special.

Olive Cooper said...

A woman with a new cadillac who goes to yard sales. I♥you. olive

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

Way cute car...and a Caddy...my hubs would like that!!

Debby said...

You don't need good feet if you have wheels like that.

Charlene said...

Girlfriend I LOVE your new toy!!!! I hope the next time I come to Cali we can cruise around in this beautiful baby!!!!! I hate it that I didn't see you while I was out there. BUMMER! But, next time. ENJOY! Charlene

Love the Decor! said...

Nice Car!!!
I love getting together with "life" friends!! People often marvel that I have many friendships that span well over 30 yrs and some for most of my life. It is such a blessing!!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh Karen,
I love your new wheels!! And red, my fave~ Cute pic of you and your PTA buddies. It's so nice to keep in touch with old friends. And I think it's cool that one of the gals get's everybody together when she comes back to town. Love that!
HAGD girlfriend,
Hugs,
Cindy

Blondie's Journal said...

It's nice that you can all get together once a year. All of the gals I hung out with have scattered on. I bet the luncheon was a blast.

Love your new car...zoom!

xoxo
Jane

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What a fun get together....and I love the RED RIDE....

tina said...

wow,what a car! enjoy!

debi said...

Love your new baby...she's pretty! She'll make a wonderful yard sale companion! lol

Lloyd said...

I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog to check it out. God bless, Lloyd

Ann said...

Love your new addition to the family - especially the colour.
Friendships are often forever and its great to meet up at least once a year. I meet a friend every year in Scotland - we have been friends for nearly 30 years - and we just carry on the conversation from where to left off the previous year.

Mieke said...

Great car, more like 'spectacular' in Belgian eyes!

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Hello Miss Caddie Karen!
Girl, we got off the phone the other day and one thing led to another and I never got the chance to sit and look at your new toy!!! It's soooo FANCY! I bet you love sitting up higher now than in that little red sports car. You can carry some serious loot in the back of that thing!!!!!
Love it!!!!
It's so YOU