Tuesday, July 20, 2010

We're Home!

Sigh. What a GREAT trip!!! 
That was exactly what I needed!


A little Pacific Ocean out the front of 
the Coach for our first night.
What a way to wake up, huh? 
The water is literally right there!
This was at a little park called 
Emma Wood, in Ventura. 
We go there every year for our anniversary but it is nice to 
get to go twice this year! :)
Really NICE AND COOL TEMPS! 
It was sunny during the days 
but still cold in the wind.
In fact most of the time I froze! 
We even had to turn the heater on 
in the coach one morning.
I know, I know -  
"SHUT UP KAREN!" 

Beautiful sunsets every night!!!
A little 3 1/2 month old 
princess to snuggle with . . . 
Had both my kids there . . . 
Geez - Justin is such a HAM!!!
Brandon on the left - 
old friend "Spike" on the right! :)
Mark in the Razor. He loves that thing.
My sister JoAnne and her hubby Doug 
in Doug's brother's Razor.
My sister and all of her clan 
except two (pout!) were there.
Doug giving me a kiss for the camera!
Justin and his cousin Staci 
and her daughter Miss Taylor.
(Justin still kind of freaks out 
that Staci has a kid! HA!)
(LOOK AT THAT BELLY!!!!
Bad shot - sorry Taylor.)
New Mom . . . and no more nursing!
"Auntie! I can have a beer!
And I can RIDE!"
New Dad . . . 
A bunch of the kids' good friends 
were still back at camp.
This is pretty much the family members 
and good friends who rode. 
Any one of them could appear 
at my dinner table and 
would be welcomed without 
a second thought.
Love each one of them! :)
Brandon and Miss Taylor
Some of them lined up for a ride . . .
"Hey! Where's Justin?"
I should've known. 
"Thanks Mom for taking such 
a good shot of me!"

Pretty cool weekend. (And no - we really don't drink as much as the pictures make it look like we do! LOL!)

Loved it on the beach. What I loved best? That our Coach was NOT on the beach - it was 1 mile away in a nice, clean, full hook-up RV park with grass and picnic tables . . . LOL! We just jumped in the Jeep, spent the day, went back to the Coach, fed the dogs, got dinner and went back to the beach. After the campfires - we were outta there again, back home to our soft - sand free bed. Then turned around and it did it all again the next day and the next and the next! It was great. One of the best weekends camping with the entire family ever!


Thanks for humoring me by looking at all the family shots! If you are the family reading this - DIDN'T WE HAVE FUN? Same time and place next year for sure!

XOXOXOXO
[signature-1.gif]

39 comments:

Barbara said...

OMGoodness Karen, it looks as though you all had a terrific time. I'm so glad that you did and I love the way you did it.

Hugs XX
Barbara

Angie said...

Ok, that looks like it was TONS of fun! I am glad you enjoyed it! And yes, super jealous here with those gorgeous views.

Nancy's Notes said...

Oh Karen, that is one fantastic and fun family trip and looks like it was enjoyed by all! I love each photograph, you have a great looking family and friends! Happy you had the coach to go back to, the comforts of a soft and sand free bed is the best when you are on the beach!

Have a great evening!

Nancy

Beth said...

Pretty awesome! My sis just got back from the Oregon Dunes, dirt biking, etc. Your destination looks so much warmer. Oh, little baby with a cute chubby tummy. She's a doll. Enjoy that beer. Thanks for sharing.

Theresa said...

Love all of your pictures my friend! I LOVE the sunset, GORGEOUS! You were correct, it was rising on my side and setting on yours! That baby is too cute and she was really poking her little belly out! All of those friends and Justin doing a wheelie!

I would have loved to been right there with you:) Have a blessed evening and welcome home! HUGS!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh how fun. It looks like you all had such a great time. I am so glad you got to go. Great pics. What fun. Sure wish we had some of that cool weather here. See you before too long. Hugs, Marty

bettyl said...

Sounds like a great time was had by all! We all need to get away sometime. Fortunately for me, I am only 120k from the ocean, no matter where I am in New Zealand!!!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Wonderful!!
Karen I love this! The pics of the ocean and the beach amazing! And you holding that cute little baby girl, just priceless! (Hey you have good legs too girlfriend)
And of course I loved seeing your family pics. I just think it's so wonderful to see families having fun! Your son's look like they had a blast!
Oh, I so wish I was coming out there. Next year for sure. I will be so jealous of Jamie, Marty and Ceekay.
Hugs Friend,
Cindy

porter place cottage said...

Looks like you all had a ton of fun and enjoyed each day you were there!

Miss Taylor is such a little cutie! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Terrie

~Carrie from Cottage Cozy~ said...

Fun and Family...can't beat that. We used to go to that same place when we live in Thousand Oaks, California!@

zandra said...

Glad your home safe and sound. :0)
Looks like you had a blast.
Hugz, Z

Olive Cooper said...

fun, fun ,fun, know you would not trade those weekends for nothing...olive♥

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Hi Karen, It sounds like you and your family had lots of fun! Good for you, girl!
Hugs,
Julia

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

My Goodness!! What a good time you guys had!! It was a party!!

Welcome Home!

debi said...

Hi Karen!
I'm so glad that you all had such a wonderful time! Looks like it was FUN! Hugs!

Cortney Lyon said...

Where in CA did you visit to get that sunset? My husand and I drove out to Malibu thinking we could see it, but I think we are too far south. Love the pictures!

Christine said...

Beautiful pictures! Glad you had a good time. Happy Summer =O)

tina said...

wonderful picture of ocean and sunset. great vacation!

greeting from croatia!

Mieke said...

Aah the beach, I could need some of that right know. It's so cute to see all those tough guys with that little baby in between :)

Connie said...

Loved seeing your boys and what fun! Sounds like a great time away in some cooler weather.

Connie

Joyce said...

This looks fabulous. I could stand a week of waking up to the sight of the ocean right about now. Any ocean would do : )

MosaicMagpie said...

Glad you are back. Looks like you had a great time!
Debbie

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

Looks like so much fun!!

The Knitwit Knitter said...

Looks like you had a fun time!

Charlene said...

Looks like you had a BLAST! Oh that sunset photo was 2die4! We missed you at Les Sirenes. What an amazing group of girls!!! You were so right about the wall hanging made by Joy. AMAZING! We will be Mer-Sisters 4EVER! I hear you are getting together with one of my BF's Sandy Navarro. We had dinner together the night I flew into town. DARN... when I come back we'll just have to hang out! HUGS! Charlene

mya said...

It was only for about 3 years that we were able to meet with friends at the beach at the same time each year. It was in the winter time on a Georgia island so the weather was unpredictable, but not usually freezing. Only 3 years, but remembered as though it happened every year. To spend time with family and friends is such treasure and the setting adds to your experience. Happy days!

Heather said...

boy it looks like you had a ball! Love the pictures! We just got back from a small jaunt too, I have pictures, I just don't know how to do them yet!

Patty said...

Hey sweet Karen!

Oh my...I'm so happy to see your pictures!!! I just love the ocean too. Thank you for sharing with some of us way out here in Kansas. Yikes...Now I'm going to spend the rest of the evening dreaming about the beach.

I really think the best part is how you shared about being with your family. Priceless time!

The sand...it's messy but I miss walking on the beach, making foot prints.

Get rested my friend.

Hugs!

CHERI said...

What a wonderful trip. Having your family there I'm sure was so very special. The baby is precious!

sewingseeds4U said...

Welcome back. Such a wonderful family time, I'm sure. Good to have you back. Blessings sister, Patty

Diane said...

Hi Karen
So glad you had a great time now if you could just take me next time.....lol! Anyways glad your back I have missed you.
xoxo
Diane

Angela said...

Welcome home..so glad to have you back! Looks like you had a great trip!
Angela
www.sewloquacious.blogspot.com

Grandma Nina said...

Oh that time on the beach must have been wonderful. I just told my kinds we should try to do a week at the beach next summer. Isn't it fun when all the kids are together! That Miss Taylor is adorable.
I'm starting to catch up on my blogging so I hope to also get caught back up with the Sorority. I hate that I got so behind.
Thanks for all your comments.
BTW, that Sorority pendant and the little pillow were just darling. Such creative women. Love it!

Sandra said...

Oh my goodness, Karen! I need a vacation like that! Ummm, yoohoo hubby?! We need to take a little vacation!
Anyway, Karen, I can't wait to see your SRX, girl! I had to pick between the CTS and SRX, boohoo! I couldn't have both! :( :) JK! I'm just thankful that I have a good vehicle that will not leave me stranded somewhere! It was beginning to be that way with my previous vehicle! So no more! So happy! I can't wait to see your new ride!
Have a great day!
Sandra

Brenda@Cozy Little House said...

Oh my, looks like a whopping good time to me!
Brenda

A Vintage Chic said...

Looks like a fabulous family time, Karen! Our extended family rents a beach house (or two!) on a beach in Oxnard every other year--love it!

Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos!

Julie

Melissa Miller said...

How fun Karen! The trip photos are awesome. What a precious baby girl!

Anne - Fiona and Twig said...

Looks like an absolutely marvelous trip! What fun! :-)

Have a wonderful Friday!
Hugs,
Anne

Ann said...

Wow! what a great trip. I was right there, tasting the salt from the sea and wataching that sunset - just too good. Glad you had a good time.
Happy weekend