Friday, August 27, 2010

CeeKay's Swap

I'm pulling this post off quite late. "Life" just happened and UGH! But here we go. Better late than never!!! :)

Months before  my two wonderful friends CeeKay and Marty came from AZ, CeeKay and I had decided to do a private swap. We themed it Summer, but . . .
well . . .it didn't quite go that way. Look what we did!

My gift from CeeKay started with this CUTE bag!
Tied with a vintage hankie . . .
and a sweet tag . . . 
I was cracking up at Cracker Barrel fans. 
We don't have Cracker Barrel in California.
But Mark and I always go when we are
driving thru AZ. CeeKay and I had dinner
there when I was over to her
place this past Spring. LOVE IT!!!
A little vintage sewing box filled with GOODIES!
LOVING the tiny bottles!
And the piece of lace . . . sigh.
Thimbles, beads . . . velvet!
Yummy vintageness.

CeeKay has become very creative . . . 
by making one of her favorite photos 
that she shot of the desert into postcards!
She even made me some cute little magnets . . .
Which I placed on the cloche that holds Marty's 
pin cushion she made me! Along with
my PRIZED chandelier crystals Jodie and I
found in Savannah.
LOOK! A vintage pill cup. My Mom had
one EXACTLY like this!
FUN things to create with.
I put this soap on my worktable
because it smells Heavenly
CeeKay's home is filled with treasures from
her and her hubbie's childhood and ancestors. 
When I was there she showed me 
these feather hats she had. I loved them! 
Well . . . she GAVE me one! GASP!
And wrapped in this OLD piece of newspaper . . .
was this FABULOUS old photo album!
You guessed it - very crushed velvet . . . 
Filled with so many wonderful layout pages.
I don't know what I want to do with it yet . . . 
But I'll think of something!
So what did I give Miss CeeKay you ask?
She was easy. She always says, 
"We don't have stuff like that here.
I can't find all those good things!"
So - I found some for her.
All the little things she "can't find".
HAD A BALL on the hunt!
Found a cute box!
Added my own touches . . . 
Then filled it up!
yummy old lace, trims and wooden beads
a tag of watch parts and VERY old crepe paper
My grandma's buttons. 
And a little orange trim
cause that's CeeKay's favorite color.
Teal for our connection. More orange on a
very old wooden bobbin spool.
Pure silk . . . . yummy!
Laces underneath . . . 
The shell (click to enlarge)
I SWEAR that is a picture of the 
Nativity inside. AMAZING!
Do you see it?
I'd been hoarding that shell for years
until I found the perfect person to share it with.
Old brass findings, old keys, and wonderful
glass beads.
an old needle case some old velvet and 
yummy old flowers.

It was a very fun swap!
We both squealed our way through 
opening and exploring it all.
Love you CeeKay!
We'll do it again!

I also sent CeeKay and Marty home with a cute wine bag I made for each of them (and forgot to  take pictures of!!) and placed a FABULOUS bottle of Almond Champagne made here in California in them. YUMMY!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
XOXOXO
[signature-1.gif]

21 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

I love swaps. The neatest things are exchanged and the best is between two creative people! I can't wait to see what you and Ceekay come up with when you start playing with all your goodies and treasures! It makes me smile to think of all three of you together!

xoxo
Janie

shannon i olson said...

ooooh, fun fun fun!! I love stuff...yep just stuff.

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Karen...

Ohhh my...it looks like you girls sure had fun with your "secret summer swap"! I just loved getting to peek into both of your gifts! It's just so very sweet, just looking at all of the sweet things...I knew that both of you had put alot of thought into your gift! Thank you for sharing your gifts with us, Karen! By the way, I love, love, LOVE that old crushed velvet photo album...it's fabulous!!!

My friend, just wanted to come by to say thank you for stopping by for a visit! I really enjoyed your sweet note!

Warmest wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design

Barbara said...

What a wonderful swap you girls had! Sounds like you each got things that you really wanted and enjoyed. Plus you all have visited and know each other pretty well. I'm so happy for each of you!

Hugs XX
Barbara
Moore Whimsies

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh this brings back such fun memories watching you two look through all your goodies. You two just squealed and sighed all the way through everything. So much fun. I havn't had the Champagne yet, maybe this weekend. Love ya, hope your foot is better. Hugs, Marty

Sue@MyArtsDesire said...

What a fun swap! Oh yummy, yummy on that gorgeous divided box you found! The nativity shell was super special. I had to look for a wee bit and then it "appeared"!

agypsyangel said...

It looks like you all had a wonderful summer swap.
Have a nice weekend.
Smiles,
Kim

Heather said...

how fun! What wonderful stuff. I hope by winter I will be in a position to participate! I love what you sent and what you got.

Nancy's Notes said...

Well, wow! Those are some pretty special swaps!

Have a great weekend!

Nancy

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Hey girl friend...what a fun swap you girls did...I love it Karen..that Ceekay is a doll and so is Marty...Hope you have a GREAT weekend my Dear friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Shelia said...

Oh, what a wonderfully fun swap with Ceekay! Love all the treasures she got for you! You did great for her too!
I've still not gotten to meet a bloggy friend. I'm not giving up! :)
be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

Oh...such fun and wonderful treasures for both of you. How fun!

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

What a fun swap you girls had! Lots of wonderful treasures had been exchanged. Enjoy all the goodies, Karen :-)!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs to you,
Julia

Joyce said...

You got some beautiful things...I love the hat!

time-worn interiors said...

I wish I didn't live so far away as well! Who knows maybe one day we will pack up the old box truck and head your way! Your have a lovely blog! I'll be back soon!
Theresa

Ann said...

Wow! what a fun time and a great swap
Happy Weekend

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What a fun swap...I love them, but always find out about them too late...Have a Happy Saturday

More Entertaining Women said...

Now that's what I call a swap! Each one looks like it took a lot of time and care and thought, and what fun it must have been to put them all together. So fun!! I'm going to have to research Almond Champagne! Come visit More Entertaining Women when you get a chance. Have a blessed Sunday. CH

CHERI said...

Will you adopt me???? Maybe then some of your creativeness would rub off on me!!! I just shared in a swap and, like you, found putting it together was so much fun!

Theresa said...

Great gift received and given! I know she will love it! You put so much thought into each item:)

I made it home safe and sound! Gotta get caught up with everyone:)

Have a great Sunday evening my sweet friend! HUGS!

Gran - Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

What a treat to see what creative friends share with each other! Thanks.