Thursday, August 5, 2010

Just playing . . .

Nope I am not MIA. I am playing with my AZ Peeps, Miss CeeKay from Thinkin' of Home and the Infamous Marty from A Stroll Thru Life. Here is just a little of what we are doing. :)


After a little shopping 
in the little town of San Dimas, 
I thought to myself 
"Take these desert girls up 
to the cool clear mountains."
10 minutes later . . . 
Look at Miss CeeKay 
schmoozing up to Smokey!
The next day - to the beach
we went. CeeKay was in Heaven!
The look on her face when 
the first wave hit her 
feet was priceless.
My peeps lovin' the ocean
Time passed too quickly... 
soon we had to move on.
A few minutes away to the
quaint little town of 
San Juan Capistrano.
So much history here-
but just not enough time to
see much of it.
After all - we were here to SHOP!

This nice fellow actually let us in... 
(what was he thinking?)
I would've loved to bring these home,
just a bit too pricey
Every where we went, we
thought of our blogging buddies.
BARB! Check out the rooster!
Look at the size of this cloche!
It was the largest one I'd ever seen.
Marty loved it! 
A couple of hours later, 
it was back down to the 
Dana Point Harbor for
lunch here at Jon's Fish Market.
Fresh caught Cod . . . delicious!

Well, there was just too much shopping to do the rest of the day, so my camera just stayed in the car. Sorry. But I will share with you all the treasures I brought home, very soon. 


Last night the girls came up to my place for dinner. We gabbed for 4 hours and then we were just plum tuckered out. 


This morning I'm meeting them at 10 to take them to a few of my favorite local haunts . . . :)


Everywhere we go we are thinking of ya'll and wishing were here with us.


HAGD! Hugs! 
[signature-1.gif]

20 comments:

Marsha (Sassy Mini Dolls) said...

Oh, what FUN!!!!!!

We need to do this, get as many sorority sisters as we can together for a weekend!!!

xxoo

shannon i olson said...

How much fun, I am jealous, I hope to meet some bloggin buddies one day!

Mieke said...

Don't stop taking pictures Karen, it's so nice for us to follow you girls around!

tina said...

what a great fun!it will be great to have a big day with all sorority sister.

Angela said...

I am with Shannon...I hope to one meet up with the fellow sisters! It looks like you all are having a terrific time!
Angela
www.sewloquacious.blogspot.com

Theresa said...

Sounds like you ladies are having a ball! Wish I was there enjoying it all with you! Have fun, give lots of hugs and it's OK to leave your camera in the car:)

Love you bunches!

Cindy said...

I do believe a trip to your place..would be in order ..if I was taking a trip anywhere this year. You could turn into a tour guide for bloggers!!

Ya'll have fun..and shop till you drop..or go broke..which ever comes first..lol

Hugs..Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Ditto here too....give them a big hug, then have them hug you too from ME!
Have fun!!!!!!!!

skoots1mom said...

dd and i vacationed @ Dana Point while hubs was working at their CA office...way back in '98...surely would like to go back there.
We ATE at that restaurant while there, sunset one night. I had their lobster...AWESOME! it is a great place.

Ginger said...

It sounds like a great time. I haven't been to those places in years. I miss the beach.
The fish and chips looks delicious.

sissie said...

You blogging sisters are having too much fun. I wish I could be there.
You are such a wonderful host to Ceekay and Marty and I know they are loving every minute of it!

hugs
Sissie

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

AHHHHH SHOOT!
You know I am wishing I was there!
And of course I know how much fun you are to shop with!
Such cute pics on the beach! It looks like a super time, can't wait to see you all in late October. I can't wait to see more pics too!
Hugs to you all!
Cindy

A Vintage Chic said...

Wow, Karen! You girls are hitting all the best spots! I miss So Cal...but love it up here, too!

Thanks for sharing all the fun!

Julie

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

Oh...sounds like such fun! Friends, food, shopping the beach! Who could ask for more?

Barb~Bella Vista said...

Karen, thanks for drawing my attention to this. (I'm too darned busy :-(

This is so sweet!!!!!!

Hugs, Barb ♥

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

We got home about 6 and it was so sad to leave you. I can't tell you how much fun we had. You were the best hostess and we had such a great time, the shopping was fabulous and your craft room is UNREAL. Neither one of us could quit talking about how cute it is. Gorgeous. Thanks again for so much fun. Love ya and miss ya already. Hugs, Marty

Charlene said...

I can't believe you guys had all that fun without ME!!! Darn. I'm gonna be like the pups & misbehave unless you promise to take me the next time I come west! I did another Les Sirenes post. Can't wait until we do the next event together. I hear your'e rooming with Jodi & I'm with Sandy. PARTY DOWN. Thanks for sharing this fun afternoon. I have known Marty almost from the begining of when I started blogging. SWEETIES ALL! HUGS! Charlene

HOOTIN' ANNI said...

Sounds like a whole lotta fun!!! Especially smooching up to Smokey. LOL [I couldn't resist]

Biljana said...

Hi Karen! Such a great time, I am jealous:))) Hugs, Biljana

Connie said...

What a fun time you are showing them! Enjoy!