Monday, August 23, 2010

Miss Me? I Missed you!

Well, we had NO INTERNET OR PHONE service where we stayed out at the Lake. Can you imagine? It was hit or miss - literally - one minute you'd have it and then POOF! it was gone. So I am now REALLY behind with all of you! But it was a great weekend, albeit a HOT one. 114 degrees! And no monsoons . . . sigh. Not a one.

First off - feeling MUCH better! Thanks to everyone for well wishes. And my FEET! My goodness what a difference a little Motrin, some simple exercises and the right shoes can make. Who knew?

Second, I had some VERY FUN packages arrive while I was sick. Now can you think of anything better to cheer you up than receiving packages? I can't. But they did sit on the dining room table until we got back, because I felt beyond horrible when we left.

Here's what I got! 
Remember I told you I was selected by Cindy Adkins
of Whimsical Musings for 
"Celebrate Your Creative Spirit" in August? 
Here is what I got for winning - 
in addition to being able to brag, boast, 
share the button on my sidebar.
Originally it was only supposed to be 
this precious tag that went straight on to
my Inspiration Board . . . 
these FUN clips . . . 
 this special clothespin and . . . 
this pin!
Isn't she beautiful?
But not Cindy! 
Oh no - she had to go out and create 
this BEAUTIFUL plaque
called "Simplify" and included it too. Sigh. 
Look at the detail! LOVE THIS!
Thank you so much Cindy. 
I had such a wonderful time working on my
project to enter into your contest. 
I am so glad you gave me the extra NUDGE to enter. 
And for everyone out there who needs to 
just create something because your heart is
telling you to, GO FOR IT! 
and enter it in Cindy's monthly contest
at Whimsical Musings!

Now - there was another package on my dining room table.
How stinkin' cute is this?
You see. . . . I won a giveaway from
Cortney at Living and Loving in California.
Here is what she sent me.
A necklace that Cortney made,
with matching earrings.
They are very sweet!
Thank you Cortney! I love them!

Back to work tomorrow after missing those 2 days last week. Ugh! It's going to be a zoo . . . but I do love my job. 

I'm going to try to catch up and get around to visiting my bloggy friends. Everyone have a great week!
[signature-1.gif]

24 comments:

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

Yes, I am glad you are home!!! and that your feetsies are better!!

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Karen,
Oh my gosh, I was so surprised by your post! First, I am so happy you are feeling better and that you had a nice weekend. Second, I'm so glad everything arrived--I was worried because they were in 2 different packages. Third, I love your gift from Cortney too--wow--beautiful! And 4th--I was so surprised by your post--how incredibly sweet...thank you!

I didn't realize you work outside the house so wow, I don't know how you make time for all this--amazing!
Have a beautiful week.
Hugs,
Cindy

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Oh! Good to hear that you are feeling better and congratulations to all your wonderful treasures :o)

Blessings & Aloha!
(Oh working outside the home limits my blgo reading time! I hope to have some time off soon, so that I can catch up on some of your posts!)
I feel like I am such a remiss bloggerette!

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Beautiful! And I really love the idea of a "winner's button". So much inspiration in Blogland.
Glad you're feeling better.
xoxo
Donna

Linda said...

Wonderful goodies, Karen~ and I'm glad you are feeling better, too!

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

Glad your feet are feeling better! I am going through similar agony! Eeek! Very painful. You received some great gifts! Lots of special little things and very cute! Ok.. our hot days are here! Stay cool!! The A.C. is getting some use now! Hugs!

Theresa said...

Great gifts to have waiting to be opened:) I missed you this weekend and wish you had felt better on your trip! Enjoy your day and don't work too hard! HUGS!

BEAR's Mom said...

I'm glad you're feeling better.
Those goodies from Cindy would perk anybody up :D enjoy

~victoria~

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I missed you Karen!
And I am so glad your feeling better!
But what the heck, 114 degrees?
Where were you camping, in Death Valley? LOL. Just kidding.
And I so love your beautiful placque that you won for having the best art! Way to go Girlfriend!
And I want to come out sooo bad!
I have marked my calendar in February, when you're coming to AZ. and maybe sooner (depending on Katie).
I want to go to the Brass Armidillo with you!
Big Hugs and don't work too hard today!
Cindy

A Vintage Chic said...

Welcome home, Karen! So glad you had a great time and that your feet are feeling better!

What beautiful gifts you received! Love that gorgeous jewelry!

Have a wonderful day, my friend!

Julie

Francie of The Scented Cottage said...

Hmmm sounds like the service we get right here at home LOL...
happy that you are rested and feeling better AND came home to a lot of goodies too.
(())

Anitra Cameron said...

Oh, you Are better! And what wonderful get-well packages!

So Glad you're back!

Barb~Bella Vista said...

Hi Friend, so glad you are better...been praying for you.

Such lovely goodies....congrats on your win.

Happy week, dear Karen.

Hugs, Barb ♥

stampdiva said...

Good to read you are feeling better :) Now let's talk about those packages - WOW! So many gorgeous gifts. I am sure you will display everything beautifully in your home. Lynne M x

Heather said...

love the clips with music on them. Being a musician, I love everything (pretty much) with music on it! Glad your feet feel better. Glad you had a good vacation despite the crazy amount of heat you had!!!

agypsyangel said...

Miss you. You got some lovely items.
Have a great week.
Kim

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better! You had some wonderful treats waiting for you when you got home...lucky girl!

Brenda@Cozy Little House said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better! I would be too with all those goodies to look at.
Brenda

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh so glad you got some rest, and so sorry for all the heat. Today's heat index is 122. It is really HOT. Your gifts are wonderful. Aren't you the lucky one. I am happy your feet are better. I know they have really been bothering you. Hope they get totally better soon and you can get off the motrin. Have a super day. Love ya. Hugs, Marty

Ginger said...

Glad you are feeling better, Karen. I missed the post of where you were going. It sounds like Arizona or Vegas...
You always get the neatest gifts. And you deserve every one of them!!

CHERI said...

So glad you are feeling better. Lovely gifts, you lucky girl.

Mieke said...

That's good news about your feet. Great to have you back! (A 114 degrees!!!how do you survive that!?)

Beth at Crazy4Art4u said...

Oh I agree, I do love packages!
Sorry to hear you were not feeling good but it sounds like the weekend may have helped some too. Glad you are better now!!

June said...

Hi Karen,
I am so happy to hear that your feet are feeling better. I hope it stays that way for you. Isn't it strange how when one part of us hurts, it throws us off totally?
You did get some lovely things to welcome you home. It sounds like you really enjoyed yourself Karen. I am thrilled to hear it.
hugs