Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Rosette Swap Party

I had such fun with this swap! Thank you to Jill from Gypsy Brocante for hosting such a fun party!
Have I mentioned lately that I get to meet Jill this coming Friday?  :) I am so EXCITED that she is here in So Cal teaching a jewelry class and
I GET TO ATTEND!
Sigh! Fabulous! I can't think of anything better than to meet such a talented Bloggerette Sister from the East Coast on the West Coast! Well . . . me being on the East Coast would be even better, but hey! Beggars can't be choosers!

Well - On with the party!

Jill matched us up secretly with our swap partner. We knew who we were sending to, but didn't know who received our name! Sneaky huh?  :)

Jill from  Jill Ruth & Co. received my name. 
I opened the box to find . . . this!
STINKIN' cute card that Jill made
with a rosette on the front!
And then my Rosette or . . . Rosettes!
Is this not just adorable?
What a great idea!
I'm curious "What did she do with the cover?"
I recently received a gift 
from a good friend of just a cover - embellished,
and wondered "what did she do with the book?"
Now I can put two and two together. :)

Love this Jill. Absolutely positively love it!
Thank you so much!

I received Renee from The Chateau of Remnants name.
She loves all things pink too, so that made it quite easy for me.

I'm hooked on making these gift bags.
Very fun.
Put my Rosette on top . . . 
then filled it up with goodies.



I really hoped she liked it. 
I had such fun making the bag, and 
creating the big rosette, and then 
picking out everything to go inside. 

This was a very fun party! Thanks again to Jill! Now go see what everyone else got!!!

Have a great day!

[signature-1.gif]

22 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh please, please, pretty please teach me how to make one of those:) I love it! I love what you received AND what you sent!

You are B*U*S*Y! Can't wait to hear about the jewelry class and meeting Jill:) I received a rosette that Jill made via a giveaway from Debra at Common Ground earlier this year!

HUGS!

Home and Heart said...

How could ANYONE not love what you made... or received??!!

Andy-Brown Bee Studio said...

Both the gift you received AND the gift you gave are just beautiful! xoxo Andy

Leann said...

Looks like it was a blast to give as well as receive.

Hope that you are having a great week!

Leann

Linda K. said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous roses! WOW.

Linda

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

I am sure she loved it. And your coverless book with the rosettes is beautiful!! All you!

Honey Lamb and I said...

These are sure gorgeous! I loved this swap! You will have to come check out the ones I got!

Barbara said...

I think you and your swap partner both scored "Big Time"! What lovely rosettes and goodies!

Hugs XX
Barbara
Moore Whimsies

The Chateau of Remnants said...

Yes.. I was so lucky! I love my package :) Oh and I simply adore your rosettes too! Thanks!
This was such a fun swap!

Toodles.
Renee ♥

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

You are always involved in the most interesting things!

CHERI said...

I know your partner will love your sweet creation just as much as you loved the gift you received. Darn, girl...when talent was being given out you musta pushed me out of line and got a double dose!!!!

Raspberries and Rose Petals said...

WOW! Your book is AWESOME! What a fun idea! It looks beautiful!

Happy Rosette Day!
Lori

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

OMG Karen,
Your rosette is just GORGEOUS!
I want to know how to do that.
You talented girlie you!
Have fun at your class, it sounds like it's going to be wonderful!!!
I have a job interview tomorrow. Same company, different position.
And then off with daughter to her DR. appt., she looks ready to go!
Hugs,
Cindy

Kim said...

Oh my goodness, that is beautiful!

Jill said...

Hi Karen! I'm so glad you like it! As for the cover...it's sitting in a pile of covers...waiting to be transformed. It's a patient cover I'm sure!!

Sue@MyArtsDesire said...

What a fun swap, Karen! Love the beautiful gift bag you made...wouldn't even need a gift inside as the "little wrapper" is a gift in and of itself. And the rosettes from Jill are so beautiful as well. So many creative pursuits worth chasing...just need more hours in a day, right?! Xo, Sue

JoAnne said...

Hi Karen,
I just love what Jill did with those fabulously shabby rosettes! Kecia made a rosette belt for me and I actually am using it wrapped around some favorite books right now. (That way it's in my living room where I can admire it.)
And I know Renee must be thrilled!
xoJoAnne

dev said...

I would love to learn how to make those! They are oh so cute!

Brenda@Cozy Little House said...

This looks like so much fun! I saw this on another blog. And I'm just completely in love with these rosettes!
Brenda

Debra@Common Ground said...

I just love these and need to give them a try. They are just the sweetest. Have fun this weekend! Sounds like a wonderful class!
xo,
Debra

Gypsy Fish said...

Karen, what a beautiful gift...have fun tomorrow at your class.
hugs
Beth

stampdiva said...

Oh how gorgeous are those rosettes plus the way they are packaged, so much love. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Lynne M x