Thursday, September 2, 2010

FALL FINDINGS SWAP

Sisters looking for a fun swap?
I hope you've found it!
Here we go!
Take one of these.
It can be wood or traditional.
Decorate it to your hearts content.
But FIRST - make sure you snoop around
 on your swap partner's blog and find out
what her colors and tastes are!

Then fill it with "Fall Findings". 
Now I will give you a few suggestions -
but just have FUN with this!

Anything related to Fall.
Well, and maybe a few fun things your partner loves . . .
And one handmade item. 
Anything you wish. 
Remember, not everyone "does" orange in their house.
You may have to pick a different route . . . 
for what best suits your partner.
She may love PINK!
Yes - you CAN make pink pumpkins!
Maybe she loves handmade jewelry
or vintage lace . . . 
Maybe she loves collecting old vintage linens .. . 
Maybe she loves cats!
Maybe she loves a little vintage "stuff"
for altered art projects. . . 
Maybe she loves pumpkins...
Maybe she collects owls . . . 
Maybe she REALLY loves Halloween!
Maybe she loves scrapbooking . . .
Maybe she loves music . . .
the possibilities are endless.

This is a great opportunity for you to meet a
Bloggerette Sister. Get to know her.

I'll match you up with a swap partner - 
BUT!
You will not know who gets your name until
you receive your swap in the mail.
(Thanks Jill, I love this idea!)

You will need to fill out the short questionnaire at the bottom of this post to sign up for the swap. Just copy/paste the questions and add your answers onto an Email and send it to me. I will be posting a list on my sidebar of participants . . . check for your name and if you don't see it after a day or so - email me and let me know.

The only condition . . . you MUST be a Sorority Sister to participate. And it's never too late to join! Go to my Sorority Sign Up post - just click on the button on my sidebar.

Sign-ups for this swap will be held until 9-11. Then I need 2 weeks to match everyone up with who I hope will be a great partner for all. You will receive your partner via Email from me by September 27th. Then . . . you have 3 weeks to complete your swap. Please plan on having it in the mail to your partner by Friday October 22. Then on October 30th, we'll have a swap party!!!!! Plan on posting your wonderful swap then.

BAD SWAPPERS BEWARE!
If you don't feel you have the time or desire to create something you would love to receive in return . . . please do not join in. It's only fair that we all receive something wonderful. I know how much work goes into something like this. To create something that takes time and thoughtfulness is a joy, and to receive something that was purchased at Big Lots in return is not fun. PLEASE! PLEASE - In order to keep these swaps open to everyone, be courteous in signing up for this.

I'm not putting a dollar amount to be spent, but . . . just use common sense. Create your swap as if you were going to receive it. Put it together with thought and care. But don't go overboard.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but this is going to be my Bloggerette "test" swap. I want it to be wonderful for all.

Here's the questionnaire - copy/paste it and email it back to me before Sept 11th.

Name :

Blog Name:

Email address:

Home Address:

Have you ever participated in a swap before?

If yes - which ones?

Favorite color?

Collector of vintage?

Decorating style:

When the word "craft" is mentioned - what do you think of:
Scrapbooking, sewing, wreaths, country things made of wood, things made with popsicle sticks, jewelry or altered art? (there is NO WRONG ANSWER!!!!)



HAVE FUN WITH THIS!
Have a great day!
[signature-1.gif]

34 comments:

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Fun!!! Heading out the door to get on the road to visit our grown kiddos, but will get back to this post!

Blessings & Aloha!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Good Morning Karen!
Did you create that already? It's just stunning! Such a great idea! And yes I am joining, can't wait to try my first swap!
Yipee!!
And Big Hugs and enjoy your weekend. It sounds like a great one!
Cindy

Parsley said...

Oh how fun! Okay..I have my box and now I just need a name. An email is on the way.

A Vintage Chic said...

Oh, what a fun idea, Karen! I'm thinking first if I have time to do it up right....I'll let you know!

Did you make all the beauties in your photos??? Gorgeous stuff!

You've organized everything so well, as usual! This will be a fabulous swap, my friend!

Julie

sewingseeds4U said...

Sounds like so much fun...I'm on my way to work but I'll be back later to send you an email. Thanks for putting this all together. Patty

Vintage Sandy said...

You've come up with another great idea for a fun swap I think this is something I'd like to do so will send all my info to you soon!
Thanks!

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

Oh my goodness. I have my box and I think this sounds wonderful. I'm a little worried that I'm not as crafty as many and the last thing I want to do is disappoint someone. But...I'm going to give it a try!

Marsha (Sassy Mini Dolls) said...

Ohhhh, FUN!!! I'm so glad this one's not due until later in October as I have several due next month!

I'm in!!!

xxoo

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

I already sent my info...I am ready. Your box is way cute.

Debra@Common Ground said...

What a great box of goodies, love all the things for fall. yummy!!
xo,
Debra

Debby said...

I emailed you the information.
Not sure it went through. If you didn't get it can you let me know
grammypetals@yahoo.com
sorry, I know you are busy.

Caleen said...

This sounds like a fun swap. Love all your ideas and what you put together.. So cute! I will send you an email :) Thanks for putting it together..

Blondie's Journal said...

You are SO creative, Karen. I wish I could come up with some of your great ideas!! Have fun with the swap!!

xoxo
Jane

Roberta said...

Great...count me in Karen...just sending you an email...ohh la la
I need something to get me in the mood for fall...it's not my favorite season at all...lol
Roberta

LeksiDesigns said...

Looks like a blast! I wish I had the time right now, but midterms are around the corner!!!

I wanted to let everyone know that I am giving away a $450.00 Boutique Graphics item right now! Go check it out!
http://leksidesigns.blogspot.com/2010/08/blogmania-45000-giveaway-gold-sponsor.html

It's a great item and she is a Blogmania Sponsor!

porter place cottage said...

What a great idea for a swap! I love it,ad cigar boxes are one of collections...can't wait!

DeeDee said...

I'm In....please add me..i wil be emailing you soon with info...

Oliva said...

What fun!!! Please add sign me up. I emailed you my infor

bj said...

This sounds like the best fun in the world. I would LOVE to play along but since I don't have a crafty bone in my entire body, I will pass on this one.
Have fun with it, everyone..
xo bj

Monogramchick said...

Sadly there is no way I would have the time, but wow those are so detailed and decorated. That must have taken a long time!!

Biljana said...

Hi Karen!
I have some for you, come to visit my blog:))
Hugs, Biljana

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

Hi Karen!
Sounds like fun! I will get my email out to you very shortly! Hugs!

Sara said...

fun fun fun, I will email the little questionaire to you. cant wait
hugs
Sara

Dogmom Diva said...

Hi Karen, just sent you an email wth my info. I have done swaps before, but never one like this, just a bit outside my comfort zone but I am in! I hope I can make my partner happy with whatever I come up ith!!

Barb

Maria said...

I'm in, just sent you an email Karen, look forward to getting my swap partner....

Diane said...

oh this sounds fun! I will be back later to join in on the fun.
xoxo
Dian

debi said...

Karen, your box is beautiful! And I love all of your fun, creative ideas!
Please count me in...my e-mail has been sent.

Bevie said...

Hello sweetie, I"m going to be away during Oct visiting my sister in GA. BUT I still want to participate in this awesome swap!!! I'll just be sure to get mine finished before I leave. Yeppppie..

Christy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
agypsyangel said...

Sounds Great. I am emailing you now :)
Have a wonderful anniversary trip.
Smiles,
Kim

Scrapping With Sherry said...

Karen~

What a great idea! I have been racking my brain trying to think of something that I would like to do on my blog but nothing spectacular comes to mind and then I read this and think "Why didnt I think of that?" LOL!! Whats great though is I have a few of these in wood and one real one ready to be altered. Thanks for the swap. I know how much work goes into this stuff and I appreciate you doing it.

Sherry

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Hi Karen Sweetie...
I already sent you a message and yes you can count me in too. I love this idea and can't wait to find out who my partner is, I can snoop and get started. Yippee. I love it. I have several boxes collected that I have been just waiting to do something with.

A wonderful idea sweetie. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

The Chateau of Remnants said...

Oh I am so excited!! Sign me up!! I am emailing you know!! Thanks

Toodles,
Renee

tina said...

wow,great swap,but i missed tswap this time :((