Saturday, October 9, 2010

ART CAMP and shopping!

Terri Brush's Art Camp!
WHAT A FABULOUS TIME!
Held in Lincoln City, Oregon
the location was positively OUTSTANDING!
But first - 
let me introduce you to Terri.
That's her on the left. 
Joy #2 is on the right - 
(now THAT woman was amazing!
She kept us fed and happy!
Her laughter was so infectious!)
As for Terri . . . 
This woman . . . it was just an instant bond, 
she is so kind and 
soooooo generous -
full of spunk and friendship.
And TALENTED beyond belief!
Here she is with Jo.
(LOVE the pigtails!)
Anyhow - here is the house. Sigh.
One week ago I was there . . . 
I can't begin to tell you how 
BIG this house is.
See that garage on this side? 
It's a DOUBLE WIDE RV garage!
Holy cow. And there is a regular 
2 car on the other side.
Joy and I sat out here for 
several of our meals. 
There was outdoor seating everywhere.
and then inside . . . well - I got lost more times than I can count. I just discovered on someone else's blog 
that there was a POOL TABLE and game room - I never even saw them!


The first night we arrived and after traipsing up and down FIVE flights of stairs . . . we found our room.
Goodies on the bed!
 Look what Terri gave each of us!
It's a necklace. . .
that she soldered . . .
as a BOOK! sigh.
This is the supplies and vendor room.
That door on the far right 
is the door to our room.
We were quite far from 
everyone else's room.
(It was nice, 'cause we had 
our very own bathroom.)
There were only 2 vendors 
Christy (instructor) and Joy #2
and they both sold
things we could use in our projects. 
PERFECT!
And yup - you just kept going back 
in and buying more and more. 
The kitchen where we were served 
EVERY SINGLE MEAL and snacks too!
I tell ya - it was awesome!
Morning, noon and night, 
always something there to eat,
and always some hot coffee or a 
glass of wine ready and waiting.
 One of the work rooms
 Too STINKIN' cute!
At each place setting. A bag of goodies.
Here is our table.
The next morning - it BEGAN! 
The table next to ours was full 
of the "Arizona Gals!" 
OMG! I had the best time 
with these women.
Mothers and daughters/DIL's 
- they were too fun!
We are all meeting up again at 
another of Terri's classes in
January over in Phoenix!
Can't wait to see them all again!
Here is what we worked on for 2 days.
taught it together. 
And then last day we soldered it shut!
I loved, loved LOVED this project!
It was HARD and time consuming 
but I LOVED IT!
And I learned so many different things!
The little Angel is made out of TIN FOIL!
 Covered with paper clay. Great stuff!
You had to learn how to mold it 
into the shape you wanted.
I just LOVE her little face. 
THAT part was really hard.
Christy saved her in the end 
by "pouncing" her cheeks whereas I 
had tried to paint them on.
 Little spools covered in 
lace and glitter and bling.
 an old child's block blinged out
We learned how to make feather trees!
Hung more bling and . . . 
all inside an old cigar box 
that we decoupaged.
After we soldered it, we waxed it! 
I'd never done that
before either! VERY FUN!
Mine isn't quite done. 
I want to put a crystal pull on the top 
and some glass feet to hold the 
box up and off the table. 
That was a FUN project! It is going to stay up 
in my studio year round!
Next up - Tiffany's class.
A paper crown. My very first crown!
Made of heating vent materials and chicken wire.
I love it. It's pink and pretty 
sparkley and phoo-phoo!
 Some vintage millinery. . . 
 and old music paper and glitter.
Very pretty!
Next up - Terri's soldered crown.
HARD! 
PLUS ... The stupid people who 
work in the airport
 who love tromping through your 
suitcase and messing it all up 
BROKE MY CROWN! :(
This was all that was left. Just the base. 
I had another row next to the 
lone bubble and a big
crystal and an old piece of vintage bling.
(So much for my soldering skills!)
This was HARD! But no fear!
I am attending another one of 
Terri's events in January 
and I will CONQUER the soldering!
Anyway - I need to fix it 
(whenever I can find the time) 
and then I will share it with 
you when it's completely finished.

So what did I buy on our two day
shopping frenzy through 
WA and OR? Treasures!
This tureen is my favorite. 
I wrapped and wrapped it
and hand carried it on the plane 
so NOTHING
would happen to it!
 It just screamed "KAREN" :)
My second TREASURE ...
OH! MY! GOSH! I LOVE it! 
It is crackly and soft and 
oh so feminine!
 Love my owl!
 Details...but not old or vintage. 
I just liked him.
 Some goodies for the house and studio.
All along the way I found wonderful 
old laces and pieces of whatnot.

 Joy found me this pink basket... 
 I've been looking for a wonderful 
crumber for some time now... 
 More things for the studio and the house.
Yes Jodie - PAINT BRUSHES!
Wonderful old, used, detailed paint brushes!
And even an old hairbrush... 
 BARB! Got me a new addition to the clan :)
 This little guy was just too 
cute to leave behind . . . 
 These were a pair that 
Joy & I split.
Goodies . . . 
 Some FABULOUS vintage BLING!
A girl can never have too much bling.
 love those old buttons . . . 
 Look! They are "D"s. 
I'm going to think something up 
for my SIL for Christmas. . . 

There is a few more things... but - I can't share everything. Some things are secret. :)


Thanks for hanging in here to the end of my LONGEST POST EVER! (sorry). So many pictures - I just had to post today because I am just zooed at work and not sure when I'll be able to again. 


Have a great weekend everyone! 
HUGZ!

[signature-1.gif]

33 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh Karen. Looks like you had such a wonderful time. The workshops were fabulous and your made the most lovely things. I havn't ever tried soldering. Looks like you did a wonderful job. Love your treasures too. You always find such fabulous vintage things. Can't wait to see you in Jan. Wish you could come sooner. Hugs, Marty

Lululiz said...

Well, that was one heck of a post! Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Cortney Lyon said...

I'm so jealous! It looks like you gals had tons of fun even through the hard work. I can only imagine how long it took to explore that beautiful house like you said in your last post. It would have been hard for me to leave. I love the cigar box that you made, so beautiful!

luluslovlies said...

What a wonderful post and I went through every bit of it and totally enjoyed it. Great finds and creations. What a home, I'm thinking what am I doing in CA.? Beautiful and glad you had a great time!

Oliva said...

I'm so positively jealous! Love your post and so happy you had a great time! I would like to join you in January here in Phoenix...

Hope Filled Living said...

This looks absolutely amazing. It seems like you had a great time too! I loved your crown....so sorry it got broken.
Mary

Heather said...

Glad you had a great time! Your stuff looks fabulous! Love the treasures you bought too! What an awesome trip to go on! Can't wait to hear about the next one!

Netty said...

Oh wow, bet that was the greatest time ever. Everything is so brilliant am overwhelmed just looking. Fab Fab Fab. Annette

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

It looks like so much fun! I love your little angel box...so cute...you did a good job! That tureen is gorgeous. I can see that in your dining room!!

debi said...

Oooooh! What a fantastic trip!!!
Love your beautiful creations, and all the fun goodies you found while shopping! You'll enjoy those!

CHERI said...

Karen, so glad you had a wonderfully marvelous time...lifetime memories. You are so creative and I know this just jumpstarted you for more wonderful goodies to come. Glad you are home safe!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hey Girliefriend!
I am like major jealous! What a fabulous home, fabulous workshop, fabulous finds and fabulous things you created!
I adore that cigar box it is just an amazing keepsake! You are so talented!!
Now what's this about you going to AZ. in January? Let me know, because that may be a perfect time for me too. Although I thought you were going in Feb.?
Well, I guess I need to start planning my trip!
Big Hugs come say hi when you can!
Cindy

Barbara said...

Wow, looks like a wonderful trip Karen! So glad you had such a great time. Love all the things that you made and all the treasures that you found. I really don't know how your Jan. trip could top this one!

Hugs XX
Barbara

Valerie@travelingthrough2 said...

Looks like you had a great time. What an experience!
Valerie

Elyse said...

wow, karen, how cool! all of the projects look stunning. i would love to meet tiffany someday -- she just seems so bright in all senses of the word.

your projects came out lovely. great treats, too! how fun.

xo
elyse

Sherrie said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time! Where did you find hear about this? I would love to be there for the next one!

Creative Grammie said...

This post was worth the length,so much to see, so much to tell! I loved it. Such wonderful projects you all worked on. And oh how lucky to have bought all those goodies you let us see. Too sad about your crown, but I'm sure you could make another one and share that with us.
TFS

Nancy said...

Karen,
I Loved every minute of this post and will probably go through it again! I have to check out this Art Class, I would Love to go too!
Huggs, Nancy
coeurdalenegifts.blogspot.com

zandra said...

Wow, just leaves me speechless! What great treasures! What a fantastic time. Hugz, Z

Theresa said...

Beautiful pictures! I love all of your projects. Sorry one of them was broken:( Enjoy your Sunday, I am sitting on my bed at the MGM Grand looking out the window at the beautiful skyline! It is gorgeous weather and we are having a wonderful time!

Love you bunches! Hugs from your very own time zone:)

Fabric Art said...

Wonderful post Karen, looks like you've been on a fantastic trip and a wonderful workshop,so many nice things you bought .
Anni

A Vintage Chic said...

Oh, my goodness, Karen! What fun you've been having! I would have LOVED to be in on those classes--what fabulous projects!

That house is amazing...and I love all the vintage lovelies you found--lucky you!

Thanks for sharing all the fun!

Julie

Stephanie O. said...

I love this post...Sounds (and looks) like you did have a fabulous time...Good for you!

BEAR's Mom said...

WoW...looks like so much fun...thanx for showing all the pictures...glad you had a wonderful time :D

HUGS ~victoria~

Ginger said...

That house is amazing. How fun to stay there.
You are so talented. I love all the things you are making.
And the neat things you found shopping are really cool. I love the soup tureen.
Glad you had such a good time.

Shelley said...

So many treasures to love! That cigar box w/ the decopauge was my favorite - so pretty!!

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Gurl,
I had to read this yesterday and come back today and re-read it to be able to soak it all in!
What a FABULOUS place, and a sweet retreat! I couldn't wait to hear about it and I'm loving every second of it!!!!!
:)
Love all the goodies you found. Are you sure you couldn't show us everything???? ;)

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

That looks like a fabulous retreat, Karen! You must have had lots of fun! What a shame that the airport guys broke that crown!
Your shopping trip was very successful! Great finds! I especially love the laces (surprise, lol) all the bling and the cream colored jug.
Have a great week!
Big hugs,
Julia

Our Back Porch said...

WOW! What a fabulous time you had, Karen! That house is amazing, and your projects are awesome! I've missed visiting my bloggy friends since the school year began, but I am trying to make up for it on my fall break. Have a lovely time this weekend, my friend. Hope your feet are better SOON!
Hugs and Blessings,
Rebecca

Electra said...

Don't apologize for your long post, it was the most magical part of my day-Thank you for sharing this!

Robin Sanchez said...

Im going to one of Teri's classes in San Diego next month and this makes me even more excited!!

I love the paint brushes and have one of the old big ones. I saw the wonderful one you made Jodie.

The French Bear said...

Karen, everything is awesome!!! I love what you made, wow, fabulous work!!! What a gorgeous home and it looks like you all had fun!
Hope your feet are feeling better now, you might need to put them up for a few days!
You really did pack a lot into that trip!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

Somehow I missed this post, I'm glad I stumbled on it today. Wow...I don't even know what to say. It all looks fun, relaxing, busy and wonderful!