Monday, October 18, 2010


I'M BACK! No really! I am!

First - my feet feel fabulous! 
OK, so the cortisone shot was no big deal. 
WHO KNEW?
I told the Doctor how terrified I was and he said
 "I pride myself in my shot giving".  
I just talked the entire time (NO WAY! NOT ME!) 
while staring at the ceiling . . . yeah it kinda hurt but, 
he sprayed this really cold spray right 
where he was going to give the shot and 
I was so focused on how BLOODY COLD 
that was, I really didn't notice the shot. 
It was a long shot and I almost started to panic 
and then - POOF! 
It was over. WHEW!  
It made the pain in my left foot literally disappear. 
(I didn't need one in the right foot.) 
He put me in some fancy shoe inserts, 
gave me a prescription Motrin and 
also a Motrin patch that I can stick 
directly on my heel if I need to. 
And I was GOOD TO GO! 
WHOO HOOOOOO!!!!!

So we took off! On time!
Home away from home for 3 days.
A lot of looking at these . . . 
and of course a little bit of these . . . 
A little bit of howlin' at the moon on Friday
night as we partied here at Grey Wolf Cellars! 
This is my ALL TIME favorite winery 
And can they throw a Harvest party!
Saturday we had a picnic on a table in the shade 
by the goats at Hatcher winery . 
Happy husbands . . . while Joy and I tasted . .  :)
Went to some different wineries 
Opolo, Le Vigne and Hatcher.
And tasted some GREAT WINE! 
Made for a wonderful trip!

SWAP PARTICIPANTS! 
Please have your boxes in the mail by FRIDAY October 22nd! And plan on sharing the box you receive from your partner at the "Reveal Party" on October 30th! I will have your link on my sidebar so everyone can just click to see what every one got.

If you have any questions or concerns - please let me know!

Have a good week everyone!
[signature-1.gif]

17 comments:

bettyl said...

So glad to hear about your doctor's visit! Sometimes it's worse in our heads than in real life!

Great tour and glad you're having fun!

Home and Heart said...

Karen I am SO glad you are feeling better!! That foot pain can be MISERABLE!! Ask your Dr. for Lidocaine patches too, they can help numb them. Your blog is beautiful. Don't know how I missed the Fall Findings Swap. I have a couple of giveaways going too, if you are interested. Big hugs!

tina said...

Dear Karen,im so glad that you feel better!
kiss,tina

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Karen my dear,
So glad your poor little foot is doing better! Those cortisone shots are amazing sometimes. And it sounds like you had a lovely weekend and some lovely weather too!
I like the pic of the hubbies just relaxing!
I am so behind on my blogging too and a bit sleep deprived as well!
But little Addison has the sweetest most kissable cheeks so it is all worth it!
Thanks for your sweet note friend and I am already looking forward to January.
Sent my swap 2 weeks ago so I am good to go!
Big Hugs,
Cindy

Theresa said...

Happy to have you back home and great that you had such a wonderful time! You guys did lots of fun things with your friends and now back to reality:)

Have a wonderful evening my friend! HUGS!

debi said...

Karen, I'm so happy to hear that your feet are feeling better!
It looks like you all had a wonderful trip! So glad for you!

Our Back Porch said...

SO glad that all went well with your shots! I've been thinking about you! Sounds like you had a fantastic time on your weekend trip!

Huggles,
Rebecca

Mary Ellen said...

So glad you had a good Shot in the foot experience!! And that your foot is feeling better- yahoo!

Looks like a great time was had on your little excursion! WE will be heading down to NM to pick up clothing racks for the clothing pantry we are opening - hope to get a little fun in on the way- seeing family fun that is!

Oliva said...

You really cherish what life is about when you're no longer in pain! I'm so glad to know you're feeling better. Isn't it amazing what a shot of cortizone does?! It's incredible :-)
PS: mailed my swap box today!!!

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

So glad your feet are feeling better! I know what you went through!! I have had my left foot shot up with cortisone about 2 years ago, and I am getting ready to have it done again. So... something for me to look forward too!! Thrillsville!!

So glad your quick trip turned out great! Wonderful pictures!

My swap goodies are going out tomorrow or Wednesday. Lots of fun!!
Hugs!

A Vintage Chic said...

SOOO glad your foot's feeling better, Karen! Looks like you had a wonderful time on your trip!

Julie

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Welcome HOME girlie!

Lululiz said...

It must have been such a relief to have that injection over and done with without too much pain, and the result was obviously fantastic! So glad you are relatively pain free now.

Aaah, those grapes, luscious, juicy, and oh so pretty! So now I am sitting here wondering how many bottles of wine you guys and gals managed to get through ....

June said...

I am so happy to hear that the shot just may have done the trick. I hate shots, but I did have one in my elbow three years ago, and I am a believer now in cortisone.
It looks like you had a wonderful time with your friends.
hugs

CHERI said...

Oh,Karen, I'm so glad your shot wasn't as bad as you feared. You have given me courage (well, a little anyway)as I may have to have the same thing done in my shoulder before long. I keep hoping and praying I won't though!!! Glad you had another wonderful trip. And here I am just working away at home....I need some R&R!!!

Mieke said...

Brave girl to take that shot! Good to have you back on your feet and howling with the wolves :)

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Thank goodness for those who know how to give shots (and draw blood :))

I'm happy you didn't get a jabber.

(())