Sunday, October 24, 2010

Monday's Messages!

I have some messages today! 

But first - I realized I hadn't shared any photos of my home decorated for Halloween/Fall yet. I just finished decorating it yesterday - I know... I'M LATE! But with good reason. Anyhow - here are a few pics of the house. I decided there wasn't going to be any better sunshine than what there is now. 
I decided to change things 
around a little. I took the end chairs 
out of the dining room
and placed them in the entry. 
I had an ulterior motive... 
I think I like it !
I'm not sure why I pick on this 
corner. I have to have "stuff" here.
It looks empty without anything.
At the front door . . . 
"HI! Remember us from last year's 
Door of Welcome? "
I got this old wire basket last 
weekend in Paso Robles at the 
 3 Speckled Hens Antique Show. 
 LOVE IT!
These are new ones I've purchased 
over the past couple of years. 
I like the old one best.
On to my reason for pulling 
those end chairs out of 
the dining room.
All set up for a dinner party.
Started out with just a runner 
down the center of the table. 
Placed all my tureens on it, 
mixed in my other whites
and some of my mercury glass... 
then took it all apart (ugh!)
and put on the tablecloth
and added my wedding china...
Hmmmmm...
Then I got out my wedding 
crystal only to remember -
I only have 8 water glasses and
only SIX wine glasses.
I know - matchy matchy - but
I wanted them to match 
for this table setting.
But I have ten chairs... 
So - I yanked the end chairs
and kept it service for eight. :)
And when I'm done here, 
I'm going on to Replacements.com 
and order myself four more 
place settings of my crystal.
Here's my china -
Monteleone by Noritake
I think it goes well with 
the white tureens... but
I have to laugh!
I don't have any soup bowls!!! 
Hmmmm . . . Replacements.com again.
I love my tureens
Although I don't think I'd ever 
really set my table this way. 
I mean - four tureens? 
Could you imagine trying to 
keep the men happy by only 
serving soup? (hehehe)
Not in my house!
Found this little one at 
Goodwill about two years ago.
I still haven't been
able to find a ladle or spoon for it.
On into the kitchen . . . 
I got this tray at a winery in 
Paso Robles last weekend.
It is made from an old wine barrel!
Love that!
Into the family room . . .
Love my little metal banner
My three goofy ghosts are my favorite!
Well, except for my classy witch.
OK -Onto Monday's Messages!
Jana at
is having a giveaway!
And Cheri at 
Cheri's Chatter 
is having a giveaway too!
And our very own Miss Cindy of 
is opening her own store!
Virtual general store that is.

And it's only on-line.
Go visit her and get all the details.
Congratulations Cindy!
This is awesome!


So by now - everyone who participated in the 
Fall Findings Swap has mailed their box. 
And maybe even received theirs! 
Were you surprised who your partner was? 
Remember our REVEAL PARTY 
is this coming Sat - Oct 30th. 
I will have a linky thingy 
set up after all 
(cross your fingers)
(THANK YOU CORTNEY and MARTY 
for convincing me to do this 
and showing me how!)
I will have the link up Friday 
night at 6 pm Pacific time 
so don't forget to sign up!

That's it for now! Have a wonderful week everyone!

And I am SO OVER this one picture at a time thing!
BLOGGER! Get your act together! 
(sorry everyone - but UGH!)
[signature-1.gif]

35 comments:

Cortney Lyon said...

I'm so excited for the Linky Party! I can't wait to see everyone's Fall Findings Cigar Boxes! Yippy!

Elizabeth O'Neal said...

Wow, what a gorgeous home you have - I know where we'll be Trick or Treating this year! ;-)

Sew Loquacious Angela said...

Great pictures Karen! Your house is beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
Have a great week!
Angela

Blondie's Journal said...

Your fall/Halloween decor is so fun, Karen...I love your little 'corner' by the entryway. I wish I had space to arrange things on the floor. We trip around enough as it is! lol!

Your dining room table looks lovely. I hope your diner party is a success. Now, I have soup bowls, but not one tureen...keep saying I am going to get one and never do. Off to Sur La Table!!

Have a wonderful week, my friend and thanks for the giveaway links! :-)

XO,
Jane

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Just BEAUTIFUL Karen, girl I could move into your home and be "Happy To Be" all your things are just lovely as your whole house is sighs...my house wants to be yours when it growns up ha ha!! hope all is well in your world my Dear friend..and girl I have not forgotten your package to send to you...Just been bust with babies and surgeries here lately...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria
Oh please come by and enter my 2 year blog BD as your a loyal followers of my silly blog...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

do you know what blogger is doing to me today. My blogroll isn't showing. It is in the design, but it won't show for me to use on my blog. I am NOT happy!
Everything looks great Karen. BTW, your new basket is an old grocery store basket...did you know that? When grocery stores first started with carts, the basket fit into it.
Love the wine barrel tray...I would love one of those!!

sissie said...

Your home is so pretty and beautifully decorated with so many wonderful details! I just love it!

Your dining table is wonderful. Love the china and all the tureens. I have a thing for tureens too.

hugs
Sissie

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh Karen,
You have been such a busy little bee my friend! Everything and I mean everything, looks so fabulous at your home! Love the corner filled with goodies, the fireplace and that wonderful banner and the table is just gorgeous! I love all of your wonderful tureens and your china is so elegant and perfect with the soft blues! Now maybe I'm nosy, but who are the lucky ones to sit at this gorgeous table?
Well Done my friend!
Come see our room re-do for baby Addison when you get a chance.
Big Hugs,
And have a great week too!
Cindy

Ginger said...

Karen, you do such a beautiful job of decorating your home. I love how you moved the dining room chairs and put a vignette around them. Your dining room table settings are perfect. You might have to just have "soup" night with all those tureens. lol.
The wire baskets look pretty the way you have them. I really like that idea.
I love your goofy ghosts too. I don't know where you find the time for all this decorating.

Nancy said...

Karen, Your home is so beautiful!! I love decorations in different rooms too, really adds to the ambience!!
Huggs, Nancy
coeurdalenegifts.blogspot.com

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Darn girl...you got me lookin' for the matches (so I can burn my house down LOL). Everything is so beautiful. sigh.

(())

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

Your home looks wonderful! I love that new wine barrel tray...want one! Your tablescape is beautiful. I didn't own a tureen until blogging and now I only have 1, but I'm always looking. Funny how those things we didn't use before are so perfect now that we blog:)

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Karen, all of your decor is so beautiful and you know I love your home. After being there, I really know where your rooms are when you show them. How fun is that. I love your gorgeous tablescape. Just stunning, and using all of the tureens is so pretty. Love those wire baskets too. How neat are they. Sure wish you were coming over soon. Love ya. Hugs, Marty

Parsley said...

I always envy decorative abilities like yours. It's lovely.

my cup of tea said...

So pretty! Everything looks so beautiful! Great job!
~Blessings~
Donna

Mary Ellen said...

Karen it all looks just fabulous!! Great pictures and beautiful home!!

Leann said...

Hi Karen

Just popping by to play a little catch-up. Love your fall decor and the fact that you still "play" dishes:D

Enjoy your evening!
Leann

billi said...

Hey, jodie at everything vintage suggested I check you out and it's GREAT. I'm a new blogger so don't know all the bells and whistles. you have so many fun ideas. Look me up at wanna be vintage. blogspot
billi

Catlyn Berry (Cizz) said...

Karen, I love your decorations and the table setting is fabulous!

Blessings'
Catlyn

Barbara said...

Beautiful Fall/Halloween decorations Karen! Your home is just gorgeous. Love the table settings. Blogger isn't always easy to get along with is it?

Hugs XX
Barbara

Lululiz said...

I adore your table setting, gosh, your dinner guests wouldn't ever want to leave! The white tureens are gorgeous. Everything goes so beautifully together.
Your home is just beautiful, everybody who visits must feel so comfortable there. I know I would. xx

Rettabug said...

Hi Karen!

You've done a beautiful job of decorating your home for this season! I am pea green with envy over that huge dining room & seating for 10. *drool*

The goofy ghosts are precious & so is your classy witch. GREAT find on the tray that used to be a wine barrel...Cool!

I have to tell you, I am sooooo much happier using Windows Live Writer for loading pics to my blog. I've totally given up on loading photos via Blogger. Too frustrating & takes hours!! I can't believe how difficult they have made things. Try it...you'll love it!

Sara said...

Karen I am so in love with your house and decorations. I have only just sorted my fall decorations out and will be posting them shortly. I am excited about the linky party. I keep watching for the postman to arrive with my parcel. I know when he is coming my neighbours little dog has a thing about postman she may only be a Westie but boy she can bark. She barks at all men but you should see her "Postie" routine, its hysterical. Hugs Sara

tina said...

wow,your home is wonderful! you decorate it amazing,i love it!

Joyce said...

I always love to see your house decorated...so pretty!

Theresa said...

I have ZERO Fall decorations out! I must at least get a few things out of the attic:( You are making me look bad!

Love your house all decorated... Can't wait to see all of the swap gifts that I DIDN'T participate in, UGH@

Love you bunches! Wish you were here, it has been raining and storming since I got up! I know how you love it:) HUGS from ME!

Jamie Sanford said...

Karen, I love your Noritake Monteleone! Thanks for sharing it in such a beautiful table setting.

(I shared your post on our official Noritake Facebook page too! http://www.facebook.com/NoritakeChina)

Looking forward to reading your blog regularly.

The Chateau of Remnants said...

Oh how I cant wait!! I mailed my cigar box already :)

Thanks for sharing your loving home! It looks fabulous, Very fallish with the warm and inviting touch!!

Toodles
Renee

Aelwyn said...

I love your decorating...and your home...can I come live with you?

Your table is STUNNING, and I love your soup tourines...I wish I had room to store lovely items like that!

And your Hallowe'en decor--lovely and classy! Especially your Classy Witch! I want one of her for my kitchen (decorated all Kitchen Witchy all year long).

Thank you for sharing...so wonderful!

A Vintage Chic said...

Youe home looks gorgeous, Karen--so perfectly ready for fall--so glad you shared your pictures!

Hope your day is wonderful...

Julie

Susan said...

Well I just happened to find you this morning and I love everything!! I am now a followere. Have a great Wednesday! Susan

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Karen,
I just found you and I'm so glad I did! Love your home and vignettes; so cozy. I am your newest follower so I will most definitely be back. Have a lovely day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Betsy said...

You have a beautiful home. I really like how you decorated you table and the decorations in your entryway.
Happy Fall,
Betsy

Sherry said...

Your table is just lovely. I am planning a special tablesetting for a luncheon at my house next week, I am inspired. The rest of your decorations are great.

The Paint Splash said...

Love all your beautiful table setting and fun decorations. I have my swap post ready to post! Have a great week. Debbie