Friday, November 5, 2010

MOUNTAINS AND ANOTHER TUTORIAL!

I got an Email this morning from 
"Karen, could you post about a 
tutorial which I just posted 
about reusing a tattered quilt?"

OH! MY! STARS!
IT WILL BE MY PLEASURE!

Her post begins with
"Last year an old friend gave me 
an old quilt made by 
her Grandmother . . . "
I won't say any more - 
you hop over to her blog 
and see for yourself!
She has done just a 
wonderful job . . . 

Thank you so much Mary for 
sharing this wonderful project 
with all of the Sorority Sisters. 
I KNOW all the sewers out there,
and there are a TON of 
Sisters who sew -
(and even the gals who are 
just like me who give sewing 
a valiant effort)
will love this project! 

Hmmmm. . . 
This one sounds like this just 
might be a fun project for
a BUNCH of Christmas gifts for
family members that will appreciate
the sentimentality that could come 
from using of one of my grandmother's
quilts (over anything store bought.)

PERFECT! Sigh.

I love sentimental projects like this. 

Or even just making something
from an old and battered quilt
and trying to imagine the woman 
who stitched it. LOVE THAT TOO!

Go visit Mary - you'll be so glad you did!

In the meantime - 
we are off for a quick little 
weekend trip up to my Beloved Sierras. 
I haven't seen my mountains all year
and am having serious withdrawals.
 These pictures are from two years ago.
(Man all the layers 
make one look FAT!)
I know there isn't any snow 
right now -
but that's OK. 
Just to smell the air
and feel the COLD water 
is good enough for me. 
Gotta get my Mountain Fix!

Have a good weekend everyone!





[signature-1.gif]

20 comments:

Mic said...

Karen: I have to have MY mountain fix, too. We went to North Carolina in October to hike part of the Appalachian Trail. I can never get enough of those mountains adn if I had my way, I would live there. But, alas, job and finances keep me here in Atlanta.

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Ohhh I miss the mountains !

Love what Mary did with the quilt.
I have made teddy bears and larger heart pillows ... from quilts that are in really sad shape you can make coasters !

:))

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

Have fun....I would love to see it myself also! Off to see about that quilt!

Shelia said...

Hi Karen!! Oh, what a lovely idea for a trip! I have just gotten back from a fall New England/Canada cruise and was in total hog heaven!
I'll pop over and see Mary and the quilt!!
Have a great trip.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Heather said...

have fun with the mountains. I love mountains. i would live near them if I could.

debi said...

Karen, that looks like a beautiful place for a sweet little cabin! Have fun, and good luck!

I'm off to check out that tutorial!

Connie said...

Your photos make me want a mountain fix! I love it up there too. Have a good time.

THanks for stopping by and praying for my family. Glad you and Joanne are good again!

Love you! Connie

cottonfieldfarm said...

My, the mountains are beautiful! My husband and I went to the Appalachian mountains in August, and were planning to return the middle of October. However, he had some heart tests that week and we had to post-pone ...sigh...
So I understand the withdrawal! Hope you enjoy the trip! Now I'm heading over to Mary's to check out those quilt goodies...love old quilts and crafts made from them! Thanks for sharing!

Theresa said...

Sentimental gifts are the best! After my Mama passed away, My oldest Sister took my Mama's chenile bedspread... had us each a teddy bear made out of it! OMG, one of my most favorite gifts EVER!

Enjoy your trip and you most certainly don't look FAT!

Love you bunches! HUGS!

sissie said...

I'm goin over to check out the quilt project.

I miss my mountains of West Virginia and I understand what you mean. Have fun!!

hugs
Sissie

A Vintage Chic said...

Hi, Karen! Thanks for sharing Mary's post--it was wonderful!

Hope you enjoy your time in the mountains...so beautiful this time of year!

Julie

Dogmom Diva said...

Karen, love what mary did with that quilt, what a treasure thank you for sharing!
Have a great time in the Sierras, they are beautiful...

Barb

Suzanne said...

I'm going to visit Mary and hope that this pathetically bad lady who wants so badly to sew can make something from grandma's quilt.
Have a great trip and...ahem...you do NOT look fat!!!
XOXO

Lululiz said...

Oooh, the scenery looks awe inspiring, no wonder you have that place so much. And no, you do NOT look fat, lol. Now I am off to have a look at the tutorial. x

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Karen,
Oh you look cute and not one bit fat!
Sounds like a great weekend to me!
I am off to check on that tutorial, thanks for being such a lovely bloggy hostess!
Hugs Girlfriend,
Cindy

Elyse said...

happy weekend ~ enjoy the extra hour!

xo
elyse

The French Bear said...

Oh, I will have to check it out! Love the pics of the mountains, you do not look fat, you look very slender.....really....you do!
I love to go to Banff and Lake Louise, the mountain is like no other!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

June said...

Have a wonderful time Karen! I already know you will!
I am going to get over to Mary's now.
Safe travels.
hugs to you...

Charlene said...

WOW!!!!!!!! What great photos! It looks like you had such a great trip. It looks COLD there already. HUS! Charlene

tina said...

wonderful photos